Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo 2011

It’s a fact that we simply do NOT get any of the fun stuff in our drugstores.

WTH?

Jeepers, we miss out on all the brilliant releases.

In 2009, Maybelline stepped up its game in a major way and introduced products like the Maybelline Eye Studio Shadow Duos and I am so hoping that the new Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo Palettes will launch here soon in the US. These are so pretty and are currently available within Europe (and Asia but a different variation).

Take a look!

The duos feature a vibrant base shadow and a shimmering over coat to compliment the look.

Colors vary but in England there are seven shades available which are:

• Bronze Gold
  • Green Gold
  • Purple Silver
  • Pink Opal
  • Taupe Opal
  • Plum Opal
  • Azur Silver

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo 3

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo 2

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Duo 1

The duos are £6.99 and available now at Boots (within England).

I hope we get these but for some reason I’m doubting it simply because it feels like US drugstores don’t think consumers can handle shimmer in eyeshadows….

I swear that we really don’t have a ton of shimmery shadow choices are the drugstore but maybe that’s me!

source

• 4/13/11 21:12 Claudenka:

those look absolutely gorgeous!!!! i find myself doubting the pigmentation, though…i guess i’m one of those americans that fear drugstore shimmer haha

• 4/13/11 21:32 clementine:

Uggggh, I agree. ): I feel like Maybelline is the worst! I’m always lemming their overseas releases, which is LAME, because it’s an American brand??? ): How come we’re the ones who have to wait like four years for the cool stuff…

• 4/14/11 14:15 SJG:

Those are SO pretty.

I also want the Maybelline Baby Lips balm that the Aussie blogger I read was beyond raving about.

• 4/14/11 16:55 telle:

WAAA! I need a tissue! It’s not fair! These look SO nice!!! *boo* :(

Thanks for sharing this though, Muse! :D Definitely gives me hope that mass brands are just dallying around with their standard core offerings (which get old fast). =)

• 4/15/11 13:28 the Muse:

ha my pleasure telle ;-D

• 4/27/11 13:52 Cam_a:

We have them here in Denmark, and let me tell you, they are GORGEOUS in person. Well pigmented, soft and the ‘shimmer’/lighter part of the duo is INSANELY shimmery.

• 5/4/11 9:57 the Muse:

sounds amazing cam ;-D wants!