Maybelline has a new Summer Collection out called the Bright Side. The collection features several bright shades of single shadows, lipglosses, and the gem of the collection in my opinion, The Brightside Palette.
The Brightside Palette is a tiny palette that features eight shades of vibrant, bold shades of shadow for Summer and is priced at $5.49 (you can get it for $4.49 thanks to a $1 off coupon on the Summer 2011 Collection display).
If you’re a drugstore kinda budget girl this palette you’ll probably covet this little palette.
Here are my thoughts on it!
A new, limited edition Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Palette.
You gotta love the size of this palette as it’s portable, travel friendly yet still manages to have shadow wells big enough to comfortably swatch your brush or sponge applicator through. The palette features eight shades of shadow and two generously sized dual sided, sponge tip applicators.
At $4.49 I can’t complain too much about the palette and believe it’s a decent budget pick. The shadows all sport various formulas and are decently pigmented but nothing wow aspiring.
Shades you’ll get are:
- Sky Blue (semi matte)
- Green (velvety, satin finish)
- Coral Peach (semi matte)
- Grassy Green (velvety, satin finish)
- Golden Cream (velvety, satin finish)
- Coral (velvety, satin finish)
- Buttery Yellow (semi matte)
- Light Teal (semi matte)
I thought the semi matte formulas applied a tad on the chalky side but they can be built up for better intensity or topped with some of the velvety shades for more pop. The satin/velvet finishes had better pigmentation and applied smoothly and built up easily.
Some of the shades are really nice and I thought that the colors were easy to combine to create various looks.
I’m not complaining too much here as the price is just right however the shadow formula is just a tad on the meh side of the fence. For under $5 it’s decent quality in the pigmentation department and they apply decent if not for the fact you do have to build colors up slightly however they sit a tad unnaturally on my lid and tend to crease and migrate around a little bit even with a proper primer under them. Nothing that’s too irritating to complain about it but it does warrant a mention.
- Anyone seeking some fun shades of color for Summer.
- Anyone looking for some bolder shades to travel with (the size is easy to travel with and won’t have you sobbing if it breaks at this price).
- Those who enjoy limited edition drugstore palettes (this is cute and should make the beauty budget shopper quite happy).
- Those who associate awesome shadow formula with the likes of MAC (these aren’t MAC shadows so don’t expect that they’ll apply, blend, or look as amazing).
- Those who prefer a single finish palette (you’ll get various textures and finishes to work with here and each shade seems to apply differently in my opinion plus with some chalkiness).
The Maybelline Brightside Palette is well worth the under $5 price tag and I do recommend picking it up and trying it out for yourself particularly if you love a great beauty budget find just don’t expect MAC quality eyeshadow here and you’ll be just fine and won’t suffer too much disappointment.
Higher end snobs might want to avoid completely as this simply won’t fulfill what you expect from a good shadow however those that are strapped for cash or just keeping their Summer makeup on the lower calories side this is a cute pick that offers a few fun, colorful eye looks for Summer.
The palette is available now at drugstores, I located mine at Harmon’s and also seen a display at CVS.
Did you pick it up yet?
Do share them!