Posts From April 2011
Damn, I’m trying to remember this magazine I used to read when I was in high school. YA, Y&A, something along those lines…it was one of those magazines that features the typical beauty, interview, etc…dealio and had one of those embarrassing story sections.
I believe those stories were completely made up and false. They were too damn crazy to be real. There were stories along the lines of “I was swimming at my best friend’s pool and my super cute crush was there, when I dived into the pool my tampon flew out and floated next to his head…OMGZ I was so embarrassed” or “My boyfriend and I were having a hot and heavy make out section when I suddenly farted!”
I totally wanted to write a fictional embarrassing story and have it published.
Granted, embarrassing shiz happens all the time but some of these were SUPER far out.
Which brings me to my Musings of the Day….
Do you still read magazines?
Or are you an online media whore?
Do you get the latest celeb news, beauty launches, and womanly advice from both mags, blogs, and sites?
Hey, I’ve tried every other illuminator on the market, might as well give Artdeco Perfect Teint Illuminator a chance!
This illuminator contains reflective particles to give your complexion a fresh, radiant look! Dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles are only some of the areas this pen will attack!
Chose from pink (for pink undertones) or yellow (yellow undertones) and start brightening up!
$19.50 available from beauty.hsn.com
I just took the 80’s test and I’m a little uncomfortable with how many of these things I remember:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80’s if (Bold black for the things I remembered, italics for the things I REALLY loved about the 80’s):
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
- You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock“.
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game “MASH”(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ” WAX ON , WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe).
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’boutWillis?”
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Heck, they did leave out some important things about the 80’s, like how about Thunder Cats, Rainbow Brite, Sweet Secrets, Glow Worm, Rose Petals, My Little Pony, and most important, Strawberry Shortcake!
I can’t really recall exactly how old I was when Strawberry Shortcake entered my life but I’m pretty sure I was in doll land bliss. Seriously..she was a doll that smelled like strawberries, what wasn’t to love here? It was the innovation of the 1980’s and every little girl was foaming at the mouth to own such a doll!
Cake Beauty celebrates Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Birthday and celebrates in style with a Canadian beauty release that includes decadently scented products that will bring back the 80’s for every girl who’s in their 30’s!
For Summer 2011, Clean has launched two new fresh fragrances one of which is Cotton T-Shirt. This isn’t the first time Clean has gone with a cotton-like scent as they do already have a Warm Cotton Parfum however Cotton T-Shirt seems to have lighter, fresher notes to my nose.
It deserves to be mentioned I really don’t heart cotton scents and Clean is about the only brand to convince me otherwise as they really capture the essence of your favorite, soft threadbare cotton t-shirt.
Let’s take a peek at their new fragrance!
Let me tell you about the story of storage for a beauty junkie!
We run out of that shiz fast!
Seriously, storage? It becomes a real issue sometimes when you’re a beauty addict. I try to keep my stash as organized as possible but sometimes that’s difficult to say the least.
That’s why I’m all about the new Bath and Body Works Scent Stackers! These cute stackable minis offer a unique way to keep your bath and body products all in one place and plus they are such a brilliant space saver!
3 oz sizes of your favorite scented lotions, potions, and body mists are available for $7 each or 3 for $15 and each one stacks on top of the other to keep your stash organized sans a ton of various bottles laying around plus hey totes travel friendly too!
Scent Stackers are available now at Bath and Body Works Stores or online at www.bathandbodyworks.com