Sephora Colorista Custom Makeup Palette

Sephora Colorista Custom Makeup Palette

A few years ago Sephora released their first huge makeup palette for the Holidays. Ever after that faithful day they have laid claim to quite a few mega palette releases and even smaller ones so at this time we can honestly say that we’ve been there and done that in regards to the Sephora palette.

However, the new Sephora Colorista Custom Makeup Palette does something a little different, a little interesting…

Take a look!

The new Sephora Colorista Custom Makeup Palette is another mega palette from the brand that features a mix of nudes and bold colors. Everything you need including blushes to create your look! The palette features 35 eyeshadows, 15 lipsticks/glosses, 4 blushes, and 2 bronzers…doesn’t sound to different and special from anything they’ve released in the past right?

Wrong!

Using the included tool, it’s easy to to lift out the shades you want out of the palette to place them into a portable compact that’s included with the palette. Magnets hold each color tray in place, ensuring that they stay put. Mirrors are included in both the compact and palette case.

Pretty nifty right?

I absolutely love the idea of having the option to pop out any of the shades I want and tote them along with me without carrying a massive palette along for the ride.

Wicked!

I love this idea.

The Sephora Colorista Custom Makeup Palette is $36 and available now from www.Sephora.com

What do you think?

• 4/25/11 13:03 Courtney:

I love the idea of being able to select and snap in colors. My only concern is the quality of the products. Typically these mega palettes skimp on quality. I have the Sephora color diary (where you can snap preselected palettes in and out of a compact) and I never use it. Sometimes I can get overwhelmed by too many choices as well.

• 4/25/11 14:18 the Muse:

mmm agreed Court. LOL I agree ;-D I’ve been very overwhelmed by my stash lately ;D!

• 4/25/11 13:14 Gloria:

I have the 5-in-1 set where you pop out each set of palettes for on the go use, but this is better. The 5-in-1 had palettes with truly questionable combinations where the lips/eyes would be gorgeous but the blush would be this gross brick red.

But I don’t think I’ll get this for myself.. it’ll be great as a gift for someone without a lot of makeup.

• 4/25/11 14:17 the Muse:

ah yes I remember those gloria ;-D but I agree some of the colors combos were a bit meh ;-D

• 4/25/11 14:13 Allie:

Have you tried it?? What’s the quality like? I’m intrigued!

• 4/25/11 14:17 the Muse:

have not allie :-D but I LOVE the idea ;D!

• 4/26/11 1:55 Gloria:

I just tried them at work today and the eyeshadows are quite pigmented and soft. The cream shadows were OK, but there is a pretty burgundy black.

• 4/26/11 10:02 the Muse:

this has cream shadows gloria?

• 4/29/11 21:54 Stephanie L.:

I just got this, and I think that I am in love. The row beside the lip pans are listed as eyeliners on the box. I do not know how they work, though they are beautiful colors.

• 4/25/11 15:13 Beale Street Chick:

Do you know if any other brands of eyeshadow can fit into Sephora palettes?

• 4/25/11 15:17 the Muse:

I’m not sure Beale…sorry!

• 4/26/11 15:56 rose:

ooh good question!

• 4/25/11 17:08 Stephanie:

I swatched one of the eyeshadows when I saw this yesterday, and it looked pretty decent! The row right next to the lip colors is cream eyeshadow/liner too, they look really pretty in person! :)

• 4/26/11 7:51 JenJ:

I have one of the color play palettes. It’s the one with the mini palettes that comes with a compact. Love the eye colors. The blushes don’t really show up on me. And I really like the glosses. Not really feeling the colors in this one. Still a nice idea.

• 4/26/11 9:48 Barb:

I’ve got the 5-in-1 too and hardly ever use it. I also agree on the quality of the shadows. Some of them are OK and some are kinda crappy. I’ll have to check this out in the store and see how they look.

Thanks!

• 4/26/11 9:53 the Muse:

my pleasure barb! I always feel the sephora palettes are sometimes a mixed bag ;D!

• 1/2/12 21:45 Ana:

hey, do you know if this palette is still for sale? because I live in brazil and I’m going to the USA this month, but can’t find it on sephora’s web site anymore. Thanks!