Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Corrector Palette

Avon Professional Corrector Palette

I’ve been using corrector palettes since the dawn of time, no, I’m not that old (time frame of use exgerrated for dramatically purposes). I’ve always found that they lighten up my complexion and make it look more flawless.

The new Avon Professional Corrector Palette was created by Jillian Dempsey and features not one shade selection but two which is a bit unusual when it comes to corrector compacts since they normally come in one range of color.

Let’s take a peek!

Before applying foundation use this color wheel to address areas of concern on your face. You can mix and match each shade to offset imperfections.

Shades Included are:

• Lilac (adds a healthy glow)
  • Pink (hides imperfections and dark circles)
  • Apricot (brightens dullness and yellow complexion)
  • Yellow (counteracts redness)

The great thing about the palette is they have it available in two shade selections one for lighter tones and one for darker.

Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Corrector Palette 2

Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Corrector Palette 1

The compact is $5.99 and available at shop.avon.com

The budget friendly price and option for use on darker skin types makes this an interesting pick for perfecting your skin and having it look flawless!

Do you use a corrector palette?

Share it!

• 5/10/11 13:47 Tammie:

Do you have any suggestions for concealer for gals like me who do not use and foundation/face powder at all? I think that’s been my biggest problem finding a good concealer, they are all meant to look kind of crummy until you put your face makeup over it. I just want to cover spots/blemishes not my whole face or even sections of my face.

• 5/10/11 14:07 the Muse:

hey tammie in regards to concealer under my eyes I have a slew of suggestions but sadly I really don’t have any for concealing on the face as I don’t use concelaer on my face so I have no real experience with it and can’t make a proper recommendation for ya :-/ I normally stick to using under my eyes, but not anywhere on my face!

• 5/10/11 14:39 Tammie:

Aw boo, I WOULD use under eye concealer but for some reason it always bugs me :(

The search continues!

• 5/10/11 15:15 the Muse:

sadly I can’t do without it under my eyes Tammie ;-D I wish I had good recs for you but I tend to avoid using it on my face. BB Creams are a good, lightweight option for perfecting/concealing however they are a base so if you aren’t one for wearing a foundation you might not love :-/

• 5/10/11 17:02 Tammie:

Maybe I will give BB creams a chance, I tried and liked tinted moisturizers but the problem was I’d touch my face and so much would come off.

• 5/11/11 11:15 the Muse:

tammie I find bb creams last very long ;-D they don’t oxidize either which is a plus so prob can survive you touching your face ;D!

• 5/11/11 1:21 Quinctia:

You might want to look into a translucent face powder that you can use something the size of a concealer brush with to just dab on over your concealer to set it. I’m sure with a light hand you can feather it out and not look like you have makeup caked on.

Probably would want to go with the lightest-weight concealer, though, either a liquid or a very sparing amount of a cream.

• 5/11/11 12:59 Kayla:

Try Benefit’s Boi-Ing concealer! I recently picked it up due to a few bad break outs I’m having & all the rave reviews (I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that my new birth control breaks me out, ugh), and I am so impressed. I tried it out right when I got home on a clean face, and it blended in perfectly. It really looks great all on its own :]

• 5/11/11 13:22 Tammie:

I’ll check it out, thanks :)

• 5/10/11 14:22 Olga:

Hey Muse:) Thanks for sharing and great job you do here with this web-site:) You save our time and money, and shamelessly indulge us into new cosmetics:) Back to the correctors:) I have green corrector from Chanel, great on redness, you just need a tiny amout with a concealer brush:) Very good staying power, doesn’t crease, just a great thing for very bad things:) Mine lasted me 2 years and I have oily skin and breakouts are often. The product is called “Corrective concealer stick spf 15″ on chanel.com, choose shade “30 – Correcteur”. (http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Concealer-ESTOMPE-ÉCLAT-95719) Have a great day:) Olga.

• 5/10/11 15:17 the Muse:

hey olga! aw thanks appreciate it greatly ;-D haha I try! thanks for the rec, have to check this out ;-D perhaps do well under my eyes (not the green of course ;)

• 5/10/11 15:43 cristalle:

this compact looks cute. im so gonna try out this corrector for its budget friendly price even though i buy most products by brand and hype (:

• 5/10/11 15:56 the Muse:

i tend to do the same cristalle ;-D but sometimes there are diamonds out there on the cheap ;D!

• 5/11/11 19:48 emily:

I have this concealer palette in light- but I don’t really get how to use it :-P. Do you have any tips??

• 5/12/11 10:02 the Muse:

hi emily I actually included where the colors should be used in the post :)
      Lilac (adds a healthy glow)
      Pink (hides imperfections and dark circles)
      Apricot (brightens dullness and yellow complexion)
      Yellow (counteracts redness)

Hope this helps!

• 5/14/11 20:05 emily:

Thanks Muse :). Yes, it says those on the back of the box but I am not really figuring out how to make it work for me- but of course I just HAD to have it without knowing what the heck it would do :-P.

• 5/20/11 14:33 the Muse:

my pleasure emily. pretty much blend out the shades where ya need it hun ;-D! It’s really easy to use and don’t forget foundation on top ;D!

• 5/31/11 19:02 Bridgette:

Oh I got this… I use it a lot. it has downsides, but its worth it at 5.99 (but I think thats the introductory price) it has several little downsides, but I like it a lot. Not sure why they used yellow to conceal redness… green works better. The light shade works nicely on my dark circles*, and the orange is good too.

*My dark circles arent that bad though, so people with the “dark voids” under their eyes arent gonna have a lot of luck with a dab of orange…

• 8/16/11 0:33 Elizabeth:

I really want to purchase this palette, but I don’t know which one I should get because Im not light skinned but Im not very dark either.

• 10/10/11 8:12 CARLI BURGER:

Hi there

i have the light pallette. i am wanting to find out how would one apply this and what shades are used for what problem areas.

Carli