Lush introduces a new way to keep our ta, ta toothies white and bright with their new Toothy Tabs!
Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs are a rather innovative little product that allows you to have a travel friendly way to carry your toothpaste. These little tabs look like a breath mint or perhaps an illegal substance but what they actually are is a solid toothpaste. Crunch down on one, wet your toothbrush, and go to town!
Let’s check it out!
A solid toothpaste from Lush that scrubs your teeth white!
I do believe the general ideal of Toothy Tabs will just make you want to run out and buy them for the hell of it. Seriously, who doesn’t like a good gadget-y sort of product right? At the least Tooth Tabs bring that to the table.
The tabs come in a small rectangle box so they are a snap to travel with plus mess-free as you aren’t carrying around a tube or a can of paste with you merely a very tiny box that houses small pills that resemble breath mints. I didn’t take time out to actually count how many you get but for around $4 bucks a box you’re looking at about 20 to 30 uses.
They have a strong sweet spearmint scent that’s quite heavenly.
To use ’em you simply pop a pill into your mouth, crunch down, wet your toothbrush and begin to work the little pieces into a foam. The mix remains grainy and produces a thinner foam than you’d get from regular toothpaste but I do think the abrasive texture of the overall formula definitely does an ace job of whitening teeth.
Mmm they do smell hecka nice but the actual taste isn’t really all that minty but more bitter and gross. It’s not necessarily nice in my opinion but not so gross that it’ll make you gag…it’s just surprising since they smell lovely but taste strange.
They whiten teeth beautifully but after rinsing I don’t have that super fresh mouth feeling that a regular toothpaste gives me but that could be due to the lack of mint.
- Those who travel light (if you don’t want to carry a ton of cans, tubes, and bottles with you this is a great way to grab your toothpaste and tuck it into your purse and go!).
- Those who brush their teeth at work or school (these travel light so you can pack them and a travel size toothbrush for quickie brushes during the day after meals or snacks).
- Those who like novel, unique little beauty products!
- Those who want that minty fresh feel after brushing.
- Those who want a mouth full of foam (the foam these produce is thinner and watery compared to regular paste).
- Those who aren’t keen on a grainy brushing experience (the formula tends to be grainy which isn’t bad but if you aren’t keen on brushing your teeth with grainy bits this might not be your deal!).
What can I say? I actually liked these and thought the idea was novel. I won’t use them daily mind you but I keep them in my purse with a travel size toothbrush so I can brush between meals and also for nights I end up unexpectedly staying at my friend Jai’s place. I normally carry around a Wisp with me anyway so why not these? Traditional toothpaste is probably the cheaper option but let’s face it the idea and concept is fun and the joy you’ll get from using these, well, that’s priceless.
Muse Approved for trying something new, different, and fun!
Lush Dirty Tooth Tabs will be available from Lush NA soon but if you can’t wait check them out at www.lush.co.uk
Will you try them out when they launch?
Loving the idea?
Not so much?