Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer An Uncanny Urban Decay Primer Potion Dupe?

True Blood Season 4

I wanted to dive right into this post and start raggin’ on the Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer and how dupe-tastic it is to Urban Decay Primer Potion but than I got sidetracked watching the True Blood Season 4 Screen Test.

Jealously soon set in that Lafayette is able to work liqud liner like no one’s business! Boyfriend’s eyeliner skillz are the boss! He needs a little golden sheen on those lids like last season and he’ll be really workin’ it for Summer.

Btw I call dibs on both Eric and Alcide but still a Team Lafayette playa here! You guys can have sloppy seconds……like Bill or Sam! Thank me later!

Anyway, ’nuff about vampires, wolves, and men in makeup…

How about Ruby Kisses for managing to pull up a rather coolio dupe of UDPP….

Ruby Kisses Eye Shadow Magic Primer

Jump!

I’ve actually never used this brand or even heard about it until recently. They are popping up on the beauty blogsphere so it’s kinda hard to ignore them.

First thing that of course caught my attention was the Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer because as you see it sure does look like our fav Urban Decay Primer of choice.

It’s the same sheer, nude formula as well with a promise of all day wear for your shadows so they don’t crease, fade, or migrate.

It’s the similarities to the packaging and perhaps the formula which might tickle your curiosity….but it’s the cheap as chips $4.99 price tag that may really do you in.

Whatcha think?

I think I may just indulge and review it. Curious minds if it’s as good as Urban Decay’s version…stranger things have happened right?

Learn more at www.rubykissescosmetics.com

• 5/26/11 19:41 Lauren S.:

ooooh! girl! I’ll take Bill…yum yum :)

• 5/26/11 23:45 the Muse:

you can have him lauren I’ll even gift wrap him for you and throw in a bow and a card.

• 6/21/11 6:58 Betty:

Alcide is mine!!!! OMG is he not the hottest thing walking!!!

• 6/27/11 16:40 the Muse:

LOL betty, he’s totes hot girl!

• 5/27/11 0:10 lexi:

second that, Muse. my gays love them some Bill, but I just DON’T get it!

• 5/27/11 9:15 the Muse:

he’s all sunken in and wrinkled hehe! he was way cuter back in his NY-LON days!

• 5/27/11 19:21 Lauren S.:

brooding sad pale men are the seksi!

• 5/31/11 10:25 the Muse:

lol lauren ;D!

• 5/26/11 19:48 Atanza:

I probably wouldn’t buy it just because it’s obvious by the packaging that they are completely TRYING to copy UDPP. That’s fine if it works as well as Urban Decay’s, but really? Basically ripping off the packaging exactly? No thank you.

• 5/26/11 21:49 Laci:

Girl, I will fight you for Eric. ;p

• 5/26/11 23:50 the Muse:

laci I will take YOU down…don’t go there…

ok. i kinda dig you so I MIGHT consider sharing ;D!

• 5/26/11 21:52 Maggie:

Aaaahhh, season 4 is only a month away! :D

I’ve totally been jealous of Lafayette’s makeup skills throughout the show. Wish I could do such an awesome cat eye, LOL!

• 5/26/11 23:50 the Muse:

can’t wait maggie ;-D tivo at the ready soon as it pops up the season pass is sealed! me too…damn whoever does that boy’s makeup deserves props he’s sexified with his brilliant cat eye ;D!

• 5/26/11 23:03 elizabeth:

Eric is so yum…that eyeshadow primer looks good too! The only thing don’t like about True Blood is Tara, I absolutely can’t stand her. I kind of keep wishing they’ll kill her off.

• 5/26/11 23:49 the Muse:

elizabeth, they make tara too loud and obnoxious…she’s crazy loud one minute and emo sobby the next…it’s annoying. They also give her too much of a tomboy persona and her truck driver mouth is just all kinda cra! There are moments where she has a vulnerable side that has me cheering for it but mostly she is very annoying!

• 5/27/11 15:24 Majick:

you have to give the girl credit she’s got some GREAT ARMS! I want her arms, just lovely.

• 5/26/11 23:12 MsYogawolf:

I’m not sure. I mean, I have ZERO cash but honestly UDPP has been there for me for YEARS and I just don’t know if I can break away from it that easily. I have some sort of emotional connection and undying loyalty to that product. Plus, I think that Urban Decay is a great brand and I’m always happy to support them.

But I’d love to hear what you have to say about it! (Assuming you try it out.)

• 5/26/11 23:47 the Muse:

msyoga I agree completely, 100%. I’ve tried lots of primers but UDPP just works and I’d pay $50 for it if I had too. It’s just a staple product that I’ve used since it was released and nothing can tear me away from it ;-D curiosity begs me to try this though!

• 5/26/11 23:30 Lorraine ER:

I want Lafayette as my best friend, Sookie as my best girlfriend, Alcide & Eric as my personal cabana boys… and Pam in my bed!
    Anyhow..Have you read the books?
    As far as that primer goes, I think duping UDPP for less $ is an awesome idea but duping their packaging is kind of silly considering many people won’t even use the original because of that design! However, paying $5. instead of $18. would make me less bitter about it I guess…

• 5/26/11 23:46 the Muse:

lorraine I concur ;-D all of the above…and yeah, for some reason pam looks like a good lay hahahah…! I have indeed but I enjoy the series more than the books which is rare as I’m a bookworm, wouldn’t normally say that! amen, you’re preaching to the choir, totally agreed…but wouldn’t mind that 5 buck price tag in the least.

• 5/27/11 15:27 Majick:

Well said Lorraine! :-)

• 5/31/11 11:12 Lorraine ER:

Thanks, Majick!

• 5/27/11 0:08 lexi:

ring ring, hookah, ring ring :)

that MAY be my ringtone – just sayin…

only a month from Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!11111

• 5/27/11 9:14 the Muse:

lexi wicked! where did you GET that? :-D I must has ;-D Can’t wait!!!!!!!! Summer officially begins when true blood airs ;D!

• 5/27/11 10:50 lexi:

oh man, IDK…I did it pretty quickly after the epi aired. I just googled it, and thankfully, there are so many TB nerds out there that some had put that into MP3 format :)

• 5/27/11 10:55 the Muse:

ha have to google!!!!!!!!!!! need it ;-D my ringtone has been the Doctor Who theme for the last few years ;-D but I want the ring ring hookah as a custom one for when my BF calls ;D so fitting!

• 5/27/11 10:56 the Muse:

FOUND IT LMAO!

• 5/27/11 10:57 lexi:

NAILED IT! :)

• 5/27/11 10:58 the Muse:

w00t!

• 5/28/11 12:45 lexi:

PS…found a still shot of our boy from the forthcoming season:

• 5/31/11 9:50 the Muse:

gasp love the ‘hawk Lexi!!!!!!!!

• 5/27/11 2:16 alma:

Where do they sell these cosmetics at? Id like to try them :)

• 5/27/11 9:41 the Muse:

i haven’t clue alma…I just discovered this ;-D

• 5/27/11 8:52 Courtney:

I cannot wait for True Blood and some Eric and Sookie aciton! Bill annoys the hell out of me. I hope he gets more interesting when he goes bad.

• 5/27/11 9:11 the Muse:

same court! I liked him at first but he became a whiny bitch after a while haha :-D!

• 5/27/11 8:52 Reena:

It’s my first time to hear about this new primer… and it does look similar to the UDPP… :)

• 5/27/11 9:44 j3nn4:

Review review review!!!! Please :)

• 5/27/11 9:48 the Muse:

ha def jenn ;D!

• 5/27/11 12:47 Josie:

I just saw an ad for this company yesterday but never heard of it. Where can you find it? I know i’ve never seen it in Toronto before!

• 5/27/11 12:50 the Muse:

josie not a clue :) I need to google up and see where I can buy…I just heard about it recently too!

• 5/27/11 15:39 Majick:

I’ll be waiting for your review but I’m really not that interested. For my older, discolored lids I find Smashbox Lid Primer one of the best. I have a ton of primers to use up but I keep repurchasing that one.

I FLIPPIN’ CAN’t WAIT FOR TRUE BLOOD! I may read the books this summer. I’ve kind of been putting that off but my DH is having surgery in June and maybe it will be a good time to read to him. I started reading to him in the car during long trips and it’s kind of fun because we get to enjoy the book together. The only drawback is when I finish a page and realize he slept through the last 1/2. LOL

If I drop off the radar – Have a fantastic weekend!

• 5/30/11 16:01 Liane:

I’m allergic to UDPP so obviously it’s not my favorite. I use ELF’s mineral primer and works just fine for me, but I don’t have particularly oily lids.

• 1/26/12 20:30 JenJ:

Discovered this last year. Hated it first use. Grabbed it recently and have been using it for the whole month and love it. I’ve had a love/hate relationship with UDPP. I would purchase Ruby Kisses again.

• 1/20/13 18:44 Pat:

Saw this on Ebay and looked up reviews on makeupalley. Decided to give it a try since the price was so low. I swear on me this stuff makes my eyeshadow wear like iron. Even my cheaper brands. Very good at keeping creasing away for me. I have dis-colored eyelids that no concealer or primer will block out completely , so I can’t speak to how well it makes color true to life. All my eyeshadows are affected by my dis-colored lids to a degree :(
    This primer works surprising well for me!

• 2/1/13 22:36 Simone:

I just saw a super convincing vlog review on this, and of course searched to see if you’ve done a review on it. In curious, did u end up trying this out, or no?
    I know you used to love UDPPs old formula, this is supposedly similar to it.
    It also has a 4.9 on MUA.com! I’m gonna google where it’s sold now… So intrigued!

• 2/1/13 22:37 Simone:

PS: u can have all of ‘em!
    I’m totally gay for Sookie!! Lol