Smith’s Rosebud Medley of Lip Balms (In a Tube)

Smiths Salve

I happen to be a traditionalist.

My first tin of Smith’s Rosebud Salve came into my possession nearly a decade ago and I’ve dubbed it the Solution to Life, the Universe, and Everything ever since that faithful day.

I’m pretty anal so my favorite salve in a tin form kicked in my OCD good nature and I was all worried about the germ and bacteria factor. Ew! Thankfully a year or two ago Smith’s blessed us with a tube version of their cult favorite balm. I loved it but like I said I’m a traditionalist and actually prefer the tin over the tube….

However, the good news is now Smiths’ has created a trio of their popular salves in a tube form and also indivdually…so you aren’t limited to the Rosebud Salve version anymore you can choose from other Smith’s Salves in this new packaging!

Check it!

Smith’s Rosebud Medley of Lip Balms (in tubes) $16
Includes:

• Smith’s Strawberry
  • Smith’s Rosebud Salve
  • Smith’s Mocha Rose with Vanilla

Smiths Rosebud Salve Tube 4

Smith’s Mocha Rose with Vanilla $6

Smiths Rosebud Salve Tube 3

Smith’s Strawberry $6

Smiths Rosebud Salve Tube 2

Smith’s Rosebud Salve $6

Smiths Rosebud Salve Tube 1

Never tried Rosebud Salve? You’re missing out you NEED it.

You can grab the tube versions and the traditional tins at www.beautyhabit.com

Learn more about the cult favorite at www.smithsrosebudsalve.net

• 5/27/11 10:21 Tammie:

Ohh yay more tubes! I have the regular one in a tube and it’s the best. I always loved the stuff but hate it in pots. I need the strawberry!!

• 5/27/11 10:25 the Muse:

hey tammie ;-D it’s great they now have the strawberry in a tube w00t!

• 5/27/11 12:23 Tammie:

Yeah! I am DEFINITELY getting the Strawberry…I am interested in the Mocha one just because I love this stuff so much but I am kinda weirded out by the idea of it at the same time lol.

BTW I am not a germaphobe, but my problem with potted/tinned lip products is after I touch it with my finger HOW DO I CLEAN MY FINGER? What do you do? Lick it? Wipe it on your pants? If I could figure that out I would definitely at least try potted/tinned lip products…there certainly are ones I really want to try such as the Hello Kitty for Sephora one…so cute and I LOVE apple :x.

• 5/27/11 12:45 the Muse:

if it’s good enough I lick it tammie…JOKING lol I normally have a tissue hand and swipe it off that way ;D!

• 5/27/11 12:52 Tammie:

Hmn, I guess if I really wanted to get a potted/tinned product I could keep it at my desk at work…I am far too lazy to do that when I am out and about though!

Maybe next time I see a potted/tinned one I want I’ll buy it and try it out for size at work :)

• 5/27/11 13:25 the Muse:

tube is the best thing tammie ;-D avoid the mess! ;-D and pots perfect for the desk drawer ;D!

• 5/27/11 10:43 Ashley:

Even though I’m quite the germaphobe (I have a spatula for my jarred moisturizers…), I actually enjoy the rosebud salves in tins. I always put them on a toaster to melt and destroy any germs with high heat. Something about the melting process calms me :T

• 5/27/11 10:57 the Muse:

same here ashley…I scoop out like that too ;-D! lol…I never did that…!

• 5/27/11 10:44 Beth:

i really like the original packaging but the tube WILL be really convenient!

• 5/27/11 10:56 the Muse:

agreed beth!

• 5/27/11 10:48 Anna:

I actually love it in the pot, although I’m glad they made the tube so that the germophobes can be happy too =)

• 5/27/11 10:56 the Muse:

me too Anna ;-D I prefer it in the tin too even though I’m revolted by it LOL!

• 5/27/11 10:54 Nathalie:

WHAT?! They come in tubes??? I had no freakin’ clue. I love this stuff!

• 5/27/11 10:58 the Muse:

the rosebud has for a while Nat ;-D but the others are pretty new!

• 5/27/11 12:16 Courtney:

Which is everyone’s favorite? I’ve only tried the strawberry and the orignial(both in the tins). How is the mint and the mocha rose?

• 5/27/11 12:47 the Muse:

mint rose is rocking Court! it’s my fav. mocha rose tastes like butt. brambleberry used to be pretty ok but suddenly it became butt tastin’ again for me…I think I overshared…*crawls back under my rock*

• 5/27/11 13:50 Courtney:

Haha, I will definitely be avoiding the brambleberry

• 5/27/11 13:57 the Muse:

hehe ;D!

• 5/27/11 15:08 Cait:

haha this made me laugh :) you’re awesome muse

• 5/31/11 10:28 the Muse:

aw glad I made ya smile cait ;D!

• 5/27/11 13:30 Tammie:

Yeah, right now I use my EOS spring limited lip balm duo on my desk (since I don’t want to carry them in my purse) but I find that they don’t wear very long (but are good for a quick bit of moisture) so a thicker balm would def be nice at my desk…seriously considering the Hello Kitty one now lol, I love Smith’s Rosebud but since it does come in tubes I have a hard time getting the tin for it xD;;;

• 5/27/11 13:58 the Muse:

mmm trying to think of other balms I keep in my desk drawer Tam, literally have hundreds ;-D I like the Rain ones too, those are nice!

• 5/27/11 14:06 Tammie:

Haha. I usually keep balms in my purse, my desk is reserved for balms that are either unwieldy (EOS balms) or tentatively pots/tins. I think I am going to get the Hello Kitty Apple Balm to start with though, since it’s 1) tinted and 2) I’ve been wanting it forever but didn’t want a potted balm. Have you tried it? I didn’t see a blog entry about it.

What is your HG desk balm? I have a couple HG balms but they are both my purse balms (Rosebud in the tube of course and Jack Black Lemon & Chammomile or whatever ;P). I also have Burts Bees tinted lip balm in Rose in my purse but it doesn’t exactly fit in since it’s not tinted enough nor is it as good as the other 2, but I have it just in case I want the slightest flush of color with light moisture LOL.

• 5/27/11 15:40 Lorraine ER:

Are these good for rough, cracked and chapped lips? My lips need some serious help.

• 5/31/11 10:27 the Muse:

YES lorraine for sure ;D my winter go to for chapped lips!

• 6/1/11 17:18 Majick:

Lorraine, sorry for butting in but for serious lip treatment try Blistex DCT in the little pink tin/pot. It’s not glam but it’s fantastic if the Rosebud doesn’t work for ya. Oh and you can get it in the drugstore for around $2.

Muse – I keep a tin of original Rosebud in my desk for my cuticles (for some reason I just don’t like it on my lips) so this could be another place to get rid of the excess if you didn’t have a tissue. LOL

• 6/1/11 17:25 the Muse:

majick me too! I have a few different tins for various issues. hair tin (split ends, frizz), body tin (elbows, knees), face tin (zits, dry spots, flaky areas), lip tin (lips), hand tin (cuticles, hang nails)…! ;-D

• 6/2/11 11:14 Lorraine ER:

Thank you, Majick- I will definitely pick that up!
        I’ve had some luck with Sally Hansen’s Overnight Lip recovery in the silver tube, but it truly is only a night-time product for me because it gives my lips a pale almost grey-ish cast that I really dislike. If you’re looking for something overnight I’d recommend it though!

• 5/27/11 16:15 Brooke:

I………love……………this…………stuff………..I have a tube in my purse, at work, and I think almost every room in my apartment..
    I haven’t tried the Mocha, though! Must get on that ASAP!

• 5/27/11 18:16 Annabella Freeman:

I’ve got four of the tins and I really like them especially the Mocha Rose. Even though the tubes would be easier and less messy you can beat cute tins!

• 5/27/11 19:30 auroragyps:

Just sent an e-mail to the company to ask them if Mocha Rose & Brambleberry Rose really have rose oil or scent in them or not. I know it’s part of the name, but that could just be because it sounds good or to tie the name to the company & history. If they reply, I’ll post here, since it would not be a bad thing for other people that are allergic to rose stuff to know.

• 5/28/11 9:07 Julie:

Love the tubes! Less messy when the heat is up in Texas!

• 5/28/11 13:22 elizablue:

I don’t own this but I’ve been tempted for years. I’m s tin girl all the way though! But isn’t the main ingredient petroleum jelly or am I way off?

• 5/31/11 11:17 the Muse:

yes eliza it does contain petroleum.

• 5/29/11 21:24 Rachael:

I loved these balms at first but after reading the information on how terrible petroleum based lipbalms are for your health (petrolatum is a carcinogen) I just can’t justify putting them on my lips and more than likely swallowing most of the tin. I know they seem great, but shea and cocoa butter based lip balms contain natural fats that your body knows how to process – petrolatum comes from gasoline and crude oil compounds. I now check all balms to make sure some sort of butter is the first ingredient. C.O.Bigelow balms are also petrol-based.

• 5/29/11 21:48 Natalie Glybin:

I’m glad they put them in tubes because I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve forgotten a potted balm in my car only to have it melt and then reset side ways lol! This is so much more convenient!

• 5/31/11 9:42 the Muse:

natalie same here…particular when I leave my tote in the car to quickly run into the store and come back! yak!

• 5/30/11 23:18 nillythelion:

Grr! I’m kinda mad. I wish they put the Minted Rose in a tube as well. I can work with the original and the strawberry, but my favorite by far is the mint one. I’m probably on my 11th tin, and haven’t tired of it yet. I agree that the brambleberry eventually tasted like butt, hehe. It’s probably the only one I was never able to finish. I’d loooove to have the mint in a tube for my bag when I’m on the go.

• 5/31/11 9:33 the Muse:

I really like the mint too nilly ;-D!

• 5/31/11 0:43 Fuuka:

;__; no mint rose! I have been waiting for a tube release of that. It’s my HG. Who uses mocha rose? I returned the one I got, is was gross.

• 6/2/11 1:09 auroragyps:

Wow, I already got a reply. That’s awesome customer service & it’s from the great grand daughter of the creator. Sweet.

Hello, Andrea,

The essential oils in the Rosebud Salve are a small part of the Mocha Rose and the Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm. Over 100 years ago my Great grandfather ordered these essential oils from Grasse France where the big perfume houses of the world were located. These oils come from South Africa and the South of France.
    To be honest with you, no one has ever been allergic to the oils in our products. The perfume houses simulated the smell of roses by using a plant from Africa…a botanical.

Thanks,
    Linda

She’s kind of vague whether there’s rose oil or not in this (when I
    e-mailed Korres about the same thing, I was pretty much told to not use any of there stuff to be safe), but she up front about the scent. I’m thinking I’ll try doing swatches on my inner arm first (if I can find a store near me that has testers) before buying anything.

• 3/29/13 4:01 Celine:

Where can you get this…and which ones are currently available…cus i have been wanting to try this one for a while now..i heard sephora carries this…if true…which one ?!? :3 and pls tell me the prices too…thanks so much !! Great POST !!!! :)

• 3/29/13 9:27 the Muse:

there’s links in the post celine, hope this helps :) and yes sephora and sephora.com carry these