Yay or Nay: Adrienne’s Crazy Ass Makeup Skillz

Yay or Nay

Some of my first “real” makeup experience was with kits that a friend of my mum’s purchased for me from the Signature Club A Collection on HSN. Don’t hate, some of that stuff was actually good…ha! Seriously, some of the blushes were kinda funky cool and I still to this day swear by the Lilac Primer.

Have you seen?

Girlfriend cakes that shiz on! To add insult to injury she smears concealer under the eyes of older women without a care in the world…if they didn’t have wrinkles before no worries Adrienne gave ‘em some after that bang up application job in my opinion! Go girl!

I will say in recent years she’s a bit more gentle but I swear the lady applies makeup like these model’s are heading into a deep sea diving experience and need their face to remain in place at 5000 feet below.

Disclaimer: Adrienne was not harmed in the making of this post. I’m no expert at makeup application. This post is just for fun. Adrienne may or may not laugh at this post, life’s too short not to laugh at yourself sometimes.

• 5/12/11 16:01 Jamie:

I don’t say this often, but in both those videos, I thought the model looked better in the before video. But I prefer natural, light makeup. I winced when she was slapping on product after product on the model.

• 5/12/11 16:04 the Muse:

ha jamie…I know. She does over do it in a major way…! some of her cosmetics, powder products in particularly are nice, but her foundations/bases are like grease paint, very heavy stage makeup-like and it shows in these videos :-/

• 5/12/11 16:05 sakex:

omg, I looooooooved watching Adrienne doing make overs growing up. I thought she was AWESOME.

..the first video when she first puts on all the concealer on the model needs to be screencapped. wow.

• 5/12/11 16:12 the Muse:

sakex haha! I thought she was an expert when I was like 15? I thought this was surely the right way to do it hehe!

• 5/12/11 16:11 clementine:

I love how resigned the model looks.

• 5/12/11 16:29 the Muse:

clem she’s bracing herself….”Ok, do it, I’m ready!”

• 5/12/11 16:23 Cj:

Hey Muse :) I gotta tell you, the disclaimer should of said “No models were harmed during the application” lol! She really was just slapping it on there lol and I have to agree with Jamie, the models did look better in the before part.

• 5/12/11 16:28 the Muse:

lol! I was going to say that but was worried everyone would be like OMGZ Adrienne is gonnaz has hurt feelings!

• 5/12/11 16:46 tina:

does she hate the model or something?

• 5/12/11 16:46 the Muse:

lol tina!

• 5/12/11 18:05 Nar:

I always set mah damn tivo for adrienne. I love how she always says that she’s like 106 but her amazing skin cream makes her look younger. I also LOVE the horrible things she does to those models. My sister and I always watch her together. My sister’s favorite thing is how hard she applies the makeup. I imagine several of those girls call in sick on adrienne days…

• 5/13/11 10:00 the Muse:

LOL nars! “Hello? Oh sorries can’t come to work todayz”

• 5/12/11 18:05 Debra:

How funny! I thought I was the only one who watched her on HSN for entertainment value! I’ve actually sucked my husband and daughter in on occassion!

• 5/13/11 9:59 the Muse:

are you kidding? I pop popcorn and sit and watch it like a com debra ;-D you can’t not laugh at this shiz!

• 5/12/11 18:34 JoElla:

Hey don’t be hating on Adrianne or Adrian or however she spells her name now! LOL

Gotta love a woman who refuses to use “Jewlery Babies” for her makup demos!

• 5/13/11 9:58 the Muse:

LOL jo!

• 5/12/11 18:50 Aging_Beauty:

It’s always been my opinion that HSN’s hosts, sets, music, MODELS, and presentations are so tacky and unprofessional – dare I say, carny-like? HSN makes Lancome seem sketch! On the other hand, QVC has the prettiest sets, the loveliest models and presentations that I can actually enjoy watching

Poor Adrien, I do think her vision and application skills have seen their best days long ago!

• 5/13/11 9:58 the Muse:

hey aging beauty agreed qvc does a far superior job..although I do wish they’d apply from start to finish most times the models are already made up :-/

• 5/12/11 19:10 CupK8:

I have a new found appreciation for those models. It can’t be easy to sit there smiling pleasantly while someone’s pointing out all your skin flaws. I cringed when Adrienne said, “Does she have perfect skin? Hardly!” Ouch. I mean, I know they want to relate the model to those watching at home.. but still. Yowza.

• 5/12/11 19:31 LaurieS:

Those vids were a flash from the past! I bought one of those color kits a decade ago and ended up throwing most of it out. The face products were so greasy. I can’t decide if the unfortunate model here looks zombie-fied or simply terrified. She stares at the camera with an empty glare (in the 2nd vid) the entire time and doesn’t smile at all. I do have to say that I enjoy the way HSN starts with a bare, shiny face. I wish the Q would do that. It drives me crazy that they have Mally/Holly/Leslie apply makeup over already made-up faces.

• 5/13/11 9:57 the Muse:

laurie omg as much as I love the Q I hate the presentation sometimes as the faces already have plenty of makeup on…it’s ridiculous to “pretend” to be applying it on air!

• 5/13/11 19:02 Joannie:

Agreed, for better or worse, Adrienne does start with a bare face and she is very entertaining.

• 5/12/11 20:06 kiwikiwidragon:

I have heard the reviews that the colloidal gold is pure bunk. It’s funny to watch her beat the makeup on that poor models face! and then bark orders to the other lady on the stage! Too funny.

• 5/12/11 20:52 Jeri:

OMG she is horrible and the models always look greasy. I just want to blend in their makeup. Also, she puts the same colors on everyone….NOT…

• 5/12/11 21:51 Brittany:

That poor model’s head was jerking about! talk about a self-esteem killer too… “her acne and her sagging chin?” lol Poor thing!

• 5/12/11 21:57 Comrade Garlic:

I only have one thing to say to Adrienne. Shine on you crazy diamond.
    Seriously, I love her. She’s like a human honey badger, she just doesn’t care.

• 5/13/11 9:54 the Muse:

LOL comrade exactly ;D!

• 5/18/11 2:32 Gloria:

HONEY BADGER DON’T GIVE A SHIT!

• 5/12/11 22:38 Vanessa:

Reminds me of this other video I saw on Youtube that was showcasing one of Benefit’s foundation in Asia. I couldn’t recall what the makeup artist/spokesperson was saying (it was in some East Asian language), but it looked as though he was slapping the model’s face with the foundation brush LOL.

• 5/13/11 9:54 the Muse:

LOL vanessa post a link!

• 5/12/11 23:01 Lisa:

“Messy skin syndrome”. Uh huh. Also known as “normal person skin”.

• 5/13/11 9:53 Makedonka:

YES to “There is nothing as entertaining as watching Adrienne apply makeup on models during a presentation though!” – very true. I have not bought anything from her but I do watch the shows – she is hilarious.

• 5/13/11 9:58 the Muse:

i record them makedonka…and sit down with popcorn to watch ;D!

• 5/13/11 11:36 MMM:

haha, good ole’ Adrienne. I loved watching her growing up because she was so terrible at make application. The foundation colors always made the models look weird. I am still surprised that she has customers. I still want to try the melt down though. I tried it once and it was pretty good!

• 5/13/11 19:04 Joannie:

Actually the meltdowns are pretty good, gentle, so at least something she does is right.

• 5/13/11 12:25 Becky:

OMG I needed this laugh this morning.. She’s a hot mess! Slappin it on like she’s a 10 year old doing someone’s makeup.. the model looks slightly horrified in my opinion. Wonder if she was offered a bonus for being there, I bet the other models canceled!

• 5/13/11 13:34 Majick:

I couldn’t watch the vid (got an error). but I will say I have one word that describes Adrian’s makeup application technique –
    can you say TRAINWRECK? LOL You don’t want to watch but you just can’t look away. :-D

• 5/13/11 13:37 the Muse:

lol majick exactly my thoughts…seems you tube be broke today for some reason :-/

• 5/13/11 19:06 Joannie:

One last thought, Adrienne was the first one to talk about argan oil and now everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon.

• 5/16/11 15:41 Angel:

I almost peed myself when she declared the model as having “messy face syndrome”. I guess I’ll have to look that one up on Web MD LOL! I mean QVC beats on presentation but HSN bring the comedy. Whatever they paid that model, they should triple it!

• 5/16/11 15:44 the Muse:

LOL angel ;-D

• 5/18/11 2:31 Gloria:

WOW!!! Where has this person been all my life? Why yes, I want to cake all that makeup on me and make me look 50 rather than 25!!!

Yea.. wow… I’m linking this on fb/twitter.. it’s amazeballs!

• 5/18/11 9:21 the Muse:

aha gloria ;D!

• 3/4/13 22:06 charlotte:

Both videos are showing a “do not exist”, lol.. I think someone noticed your post Muse. Bummer, after all the comments I was looking forward to watching, lol.

• 3/5/13 9:26 the Muse:

oops sorry! this is an older post, trying googling on HSN’s channel something will come up!

• 3/5/13 13:22 charlotte:

Sorry.. did not even notice the dates.

• 3/5/13 13:31 the Muse:

no prob was an old beauty archive entry :) I didn’t know they removed the vid! damn!