Yay or Nay: Emma Waton’s Lancome Look

Emma Watons Lancome Look

With the release of Deathly Hallows Part 2 come July we finally, with a heavy heart, get to lay our obsession with Harry Potter to rest.

Sad sigh.

Memo to self:
Bring tissues to premiere.

As we say our final good byes we also get to embrace the growth and maturity of stars like Emma Watson because let’s face it, Emma is here for the long run and we’ll be witness to her climb into Hollywood legend ever after the madness of HP has died down.

Emma recently got down to work for her Lancome ad campaign that I leaked to you a few months ago with famed fashion photographer Mario Testino in March in Paris.

This was actually the same day Lancome officially launched Emma Watson as one of their newest faces.

Emma follows stars like Julia Roberts, Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet, and Anne Hathaway, who have also been faces for Lancome campaigns but Emma remains the youngest of all these celebs.

Her campaign is already starting to appear in England and she brings a fresh, modern twist to her ads with an androgynous look. From what I hear that’s Emma’s own hat in the advert that she insisted on including in the shoot.

Lancome wasn’t my first brand of choice for Emma considering her age. I do consider Lancome a mature brand so the introduction to Emma is an interesting one and I’m left to wonder if this launch will capture the eye and market of tweens, teens, and twenty-somethings. If anything, you have to give Lancome alot of credit for picking such a young girl to represent their line, it’s a very smart marketing strategy. Just imagine an 11 year old heading to the Lancome counter demanding the lipstick Emma has on in her advertisement featured in Teen Vogue!

What do you think of Emma’s look for her first ad champaign for Lancome?

I was slightly shocked as Emma is always very romantic and feminine in what she chooses to wear and this look is more fun and I think it shows us her tomboy side.

Do you love it?

Yay?

Nay?

Share it!

I hear she’s trying to grow her hair back slowly but I’m ever so hopeful she’ll keep her flirty little pixie look, it’s very sweet.

• 5/16/11 16:08 Marina:

I like this look. Suits her. I think she looks feminine enough to pull it off! Love her. Cutting my hair to her length was seriously one of the best decisions I made this year. SO liberating! And I hear you about the premier. SOBS.

• 5/16/11 16:10 the Muse:

Hey Marina, knew I’d hear from you oh HP fan god ;-D hehe! it’s such a cute look and I imagine so liberating ;-D! ugh…bring tissues girl!

• 5/16/11 16:32 Cj:

Hmm… I don’t know, the clothes seem a bit too ‘old man-ish’ lol. I hope she keeps the pixie cut too, she looks so pretty with it!

• 5/16/11 16:35 the Muse:

lol kinda yes cj ;-D they could have done it a bit more playful! ;D

• 5/16/11 17:47 jonnie:

Soooo cute! I don’t love that lip color on her, but overall she’s adorable. Squee!

• 5/16/11 18:07 Frankie.N:

The hair & makeup= YAY!
    Outfit= nay

• 5/16/11 18:33 Eve:

LOVE IT! Women in suits=HOT!
    I love the men’s wear for women!

• 5/16/11 19:23 auroragyps:

I love it. It’s pretty, tom boyish, & quirky all at the same time. Who’d have expected that from Lancome.

• 5/16/11 20:20 Brooke:

I’m going to give this a thumbs down….kinda reminds me of Lindsey Lohan’s ex-girlfriend….what was her name? Sam Ronson, I think?

• 5/16/11 22:35 Claudenka:

haha you’re so right! she does remind me of Samantha Ronson…I feel like the pixie cut already gives her a masculine touch, but the clothes just make her look even more manish.
      if you have a short cut like that, it’s essential to balance it out with feminine pieces

• 5/17/11 9:52 Sarah S.:

I completely agree, Claudenka! I have a pixie cut like this and it forces me to dress more girly (I mean, I like that I am more compelled to wear skirts and dresses and pink lippies). When my hair is longer I swear I default to dressing more sloppily and mannish.

• 5/17/11 1:17 CupK8:

I LOVE an androgynous woman, and I think Emma is quirky enough to pull it off. I rock the look myself, so I may be a teensy bit biased. ;)

• 5/17/11 9:01 Nunuiviet:

I don’t like this outfit at all, I prefer the contrast of a short boyish hair combines with a lovely romantic feminine dress, I think this style suits her better. This manly outfit doesn’t compliment her at all, she doesn’t look like a star in this but much more a normal person , no charm at all.

• 5/17/11 10:47 Mary the Muse Militant:

Would love to see her wearing more feminine clothing and sure hope she grows her hair long again.
    Shame she left Brown uni though. Wonder is she will continue at another uni?

• 5/17/11 11:59 Lindsay:

She’s adorable but I agree with the others who said she looks like a younger Sam Ronson. I had to do a double take..

• 5/17/11 14:07 colette:

I’m so sad HP is almost over :( what will I do? When the books were done, at least I still had the movies to look forward to. Now the final one approaches….I feel so lost LOL

oh and Emma looks cute!

• 5/17/11 14:39 the Muse:

le sigh colette start reading the Beautiful Creatures ;-D something new to get into…not HP but dark, Gothic fun!

• 5/17/11 17:22 Majick:

Was “meh” an answer? Emma’s cute, the makeup is polished (as is the Lancome look), and the clothes while pretty individually are not working for me as an outfit. She just looks too much like a boy. JMO

• 6/16/11 16:56 MIa:

Definitely a hands down…..She dosen’t look her usual pretty self but plain and boyish. The question is why would anyone want to look plain if they can help it?

• 7/17/11 13:35 CedriceCCentriC:

Contrary to the USA, here in Europe (well I’m speaking more of Belgium and France) Lancome is often for girls/ young women their first step into the world of luxury cosmetics. They’re hooked on Hypnose mascara and Hydra Zen. Trésor in Love and Trésor Midnight Rose target the same young customer (Classic Trésor is of course more mature). So, I think IMHO that Watson.

I read somewhere that the whole campaign is inspired by filmmaker Jean Luc Goddard’s A bout the Souffle. Jane Seberg also sports a tomboy-ish look (with hat and all) in that movie.

• 7/17/11 13:37 CedriceCCentriC:

Contrary to the USA, here in Europe (well I’m speaking more of Belgium and France) Lancome is often for girls/ young women their first step into the world of luxury cosmetics. They’re hooked on Hypnose mascara and Hydra Zen. Trésor in Love and Trésor Midnight Rose target the same young customer (Classic Trésor is of course more mature). So, I think IMHO that Watson is perfect.