Do You Want Open Thread Day?

I love talkin’ to you guys.

So much.

We share so many of the same interests in regards to not only beauty but also books, entertainment, etc…in fact we get off topic in some posts and just start babblin’ about other things of interest.

I think the best parts about Musings is when I see you guys interacting with not only me but each other. I love to see you help each other out with color selections or product reviews or even just to say you share a similar interest in a topic! It really warms my heart.

So I was curious would you want to see some sort of weekly open thread? Somewhere we can discuss life, the universe, and everything?

In order for it to work we def need participants!

Shall we give it a test drive today?

What do you think?

Yay Open Thread?

Nay, I just want the beauty?

Share it!

My open thread of the day concerns Ten in Fright Night! A remake of Fright Night is coming atcha soon and David Tennant (yeah, he left Who for really big roles in bad horror remakes) is in it.

Ten Fright Night

The folks at BritScene have the official promo image up and at least he’s not looking like a bad version of Criss Angel in these!

Thoughts?

On Ten or otherwise!

Any great plans for the weekend?

I’m actually away for the weekend as it’s a long one! I’m out of my office by 1 and won’t return till Tuesday yay!

What are you up to?

Over the hump….weekend is looming!

• 6/29/11 16:04 kate:

ok seriously, how cool is this? WHO does this? you’re like a celebrity in the makeup blog world and you’re taking the time, heck, you’re giving us the option to chat with you even more?! Muse = bad ass. I’m in. I’ll chat about anything. Well.. I’m not good at watching movies! But this guy is Barty Crouch, Jr. from HP! ahhaha! anyway, like I said before, while most of us have never met you.. you’re already a good friend to all of us. open thread awesomeness.

• 6/29/11 16:08 the Muse:

ha kate I’m not celebrity girl! You’re way too kind ;-D lol! I’m no one special ;-D HUGS! lol he is he is indeed ;-D LOL! not many folks know that ;-D You’re my good friends too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6/29/11 16:11 Cj:

I think a weekly open thread would be amazing! I’d deff participate lol. It’s so weird seeing Ten like that, all grungy and is it just me or does he look like he gots some guyliner going on lol. I’m actually going car shopping this week ;D

• 6/29/11 16:17 the Muse:

are you kiddin’? any excuse to talk to you more CJ ;-D I’m always missing your comment replies! I got a ton to approve from you so open thread might help! How’s the cough :D

He totally has manliner on but sadly he can’t pull it off lol! oo any idea what you want to get? ;-D

• 6/29/11 16:25 Cj:

I still have it sadly! I actually think it might be getting worse too, I might go back to the doctors again and try to get something better for it.

I really don’t have a clue what kinda car I want lol. This’ll be my first vehicle so I don’t want anything too extravagant. But a little tech will please my inner geek lol :P

• 6/29/11 16:14 Tammie:

I think it’s a great idea!

Regarding Tennant–yipes! But I would probably watch it all the same haha

• 6/29/11 16:15 the Muse:

me too…gotta drool on ten Tammie ;D! hehe!

• 6/30/11 12:16 Tammie:

Yup yup exactly. I’m sure it’s going to be terrible but whatever!

• 6/29/11 16:15 Missy:

Fantastic idea!! I’d love it! One of the many things I appreciate about your blog is that everyone is really nice and the comments are always supportive, never snarky. It so ruins things when you see people snarkin’ on each other. Your blog is my all-time favorite web hangout and this would make it even better! Count me in :-)

• 6/29/11 16:15 the Muse:

yay missy! aw! I’m so glad you think Musings is a happy place ;-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6/29/11 16:34 Erin:

Love it! Great idea, Muse :).

• 6/29/11 16:43 the Muse:

*wink* thanks erin!

• 6/29/11 16:36 Jackers:

Open thread good, but I have to take issue with something you said: I don’t know your personal feelings, but for me there is no such thing as a “good version” of Criss Angel. ;P Apologies if I offend, but I just can’t stand the dude, hehe.

Weekend should be good so long as my dude can meet a deadline that he has. He’s working on an issue of a comic book so it’s going to be tight., wah! Hopefully we’ll still be able to go visit my family on Sunday and Monday and make use of the pool. Mmmm, pooooool…

• 6/29/11 16:40 the Muse:

lol no worries jackers I am not offended ;-D and there prob isn’t a good version hahaha!!!!!!!!!! a comic book? freaking brilliant! what sort of comic!? sounds like a nice weekend plan to me ;-D I hope the weather holds out for us all!

• 6/29/11 17:00 Jackers:

He’s working on a crossover for a mid-size company called Zenescope. They do some fantasy stuff (like adult fairy tales) and they have a title that’s a continuation of the tv show Charmed. They’re okay, they get pretty heavy distribution to comic book shops across the country. It’s not Marvel or DC, but he’s working his way up. ;) It’s also crazy how hard he works, it’s not a job for the faint of heart. You really have to be dedicated, I’m amazed watching him sometimes.

I hope the weather holds out, too. It’s been gorgeous all week (I’m in Brooklyn, NY), but of course the weekend would have to look slightly less good, bah! Fingers crossed for everybody.

• 6/29/11 16:58 Jayne:

I love the idea! I am the only person I know who is *as* obsessed with beauty products as I am, and I tend to shy away from message boards like MUA. This would be quite the happy medium!

Speaking of Who, I have been trying for ages to muster the time/motivation to even BEGIN watching it. It seems like it could possibly appeal to me but I’m always too distracted by whatever else is in my Netflix Instant queue. =\

• 6/30/11 13:55 the Muse:

aw jayne you fit in perfectly here with me ;-D DUDE get on it!!!!!!! ;-D you won’t be sorry ;-D! It’s good stuff!

• 7/5/11 15:52 Jayne:

Well, I’m in a lull since I finished Game of Thrones (aaaaaaamazing) so the next time I have some free time (Probably never – thanks, college!) and a hankering for some new TV I will start it up!

I see a lot of talk about Korean television series here, as well. I’m not sure how I would do with those, but I am a massive fan of Korean horror/thriller films. I Saw the Devil? So, so, so good!

• 6/30/11 15:35 Ruth:

I started watching Doctor Who this past spring when I was supposed to be writing papers and studying for finals and I am HOOKED on the Doctor! Netflix has them on demand so you can watch them anytime. After I finished with them, I started watching other things that 10 has been in and haven’t been disappointed yet. sooo, yeah, gonna go and see fright night, hoping that it will be at least entertaining.

• 6/30/11 15:37 the Muse:

at the best entertaining ruth PLEASE at that ;-D hopefully not too corny ;D!

• 6/29/11 18:19 Sarah:

I didn’t like Tennant’s Doctor (blasphemy, I know!), but man I like to look at him. And listen to him. Have you seen Single Father? If you like to watch him angst, there’s little that can beat it.

• 6/30/11 11:34 the Muse:

i saw it sarah ;-D good stuff! ;-D naa not blasphemy at all, my doctor is TB ;-D but I liked ten alot but now I really like MS ;-D

• 6/29/11 19:02 sillylilacs:

Like everyone else…I think it’s a great idea! =D

(I just hope i’m not at work when this test drive happens! ^_^)

• 6/29/11 19:09 Claudenka:

aww Muse, don’t be too harsh on David ;) i absolutely loved his rendition of Hamlet so don’t ruin it for me haha

• 6/30/11 13:54 the Muse:

oh me too claudenka his best performance ever ;D!

• 6/29/11 19:19 Jenny:

It’s pride week and the Toronto Pride Parade is on Sunday. Dunno what to do! I don’t think I have the skill to pull off rainbow colored makeup.

Definitely yay open thread! I wanted to thank you for reviewing all the BB creams. I feel like a bad asian to not have known anything about them. They are either too dry or too heavy on me though. Did you say there were some lighter “next gen” bb creams in the works?

Have a good weekend!

• 6/30/11 13:53 the Muse:

ha me either Jenny but I always have a fun time tryin’ ;-D! lighter would be nice…have you tried a dab in your moisturizer?! Have a super weekend girl! Fly your rainbow flag ;D!

• 6/29/11 19:49 Jamie:

OMG…I just came across your blog….you’re amazing! I’m makeup obsessed and Who obsessed (Ten obsessed lol). None of my makeup loving friends even know what Who is….

I’m going to read your blog everyday!

You got me lemming that new QVC Tarte set as well!

• 6/30/11 14:01 the Muse:

hey jamie great to meet you! ;-D so happy you commented! DAMN THEM! We all know ;-D *wink* I’m pretty Who obsessed, I’ve been watching it since I was a kid! Sadly, that’s a long time lol…!

Did you grab it by chance? ;-D it’s a fab little set, tempt, tempt, tempt ;D!

• 6/29/11 20:33 Colleen:

I’m so in. Got a migraine so just the thought of my upcoming weekend is overwhelming. it starts tomorrow at noon:) 2 dinner parties & a BBQ. my weekend revolves around food. I work at a call center & we all have to work a holiday each. Working Monday, & since I have 3 &1/2 days off I’m fine w/ that.

• 6/30/11 13:51 the Muse:

aw colleen *pat* Hope the migraine is easing! heck that’s a good way to revolve lol! ;-D

• 6/29/11 20:36 Karla Branson:

I love Tennant so much, ok ok, I love Who in general.

• 6/30/11 9:10 the Muse:

me too karla ;D!

• 6/29/11 20:42 Courtney:

I’m totally in. This sounds awesome.

• 6/29/11 21:22 electronicfly:

Yes to open thread! But I’ve no clue what’s fright night O.o

• 6/30/11 11:32 the Muse:

ha electronicfly, new horror remake coming out ;D!

• 6/29/11 21:58 Jess:

Omg I want to see Fright Night so bad. I’m SO EFFING EXCITED FOR IT. Do you like horror movies?

OH! And I’ve been using Holika Holika moisture petit bb cream and I LOVE IT, thank you so much for your reccomendation!

• 6/30/11 11:32 the Muse:

hey jess…I am the pickiest, strangest horror movie fan you’ll ever meet ;-D I love foreign horror films, obscure ones, and really old cheesy ones however newer ones I’m very finicky about ;-D! YAYYYYYYYYYYY that’s brilliant ;D!

• 6/30/11 11:46 Jess:

There’s two that are really good that me and the hubs saw. The Shrine and The Ward. Wake Wood was good, as well. They have that old school kind of feel.

Are the other Holika Holika bb creams any good?

• 6/30/11 13:50 the Muse:

wake wood is on my to be watched list Jess :-D worth watching?! I was trying to find deets about Shrine and Ward but didn’t see anything…what’s it about? I have two other Holika BB’s but haven’t tested yet…will let ya know when I do ;D!

• 6/30/11 22:33 Jess:

The Shrine is kind of like Wicker Man meets The Exorcist. A group of people go in search of a missing boy and two of them stumble into a freaky floating mist and see this statue of a demon and the Polish townsfolk go after them. It’s really good!

The Ward is about a group of girls in a mental hospital tormented by the ghost of one of the girls.I have a biased for this movie, it was filmed in my home town, and I got to visit the set and meet John Carpenter (who directed it)..

Yay!

And yes, Wake Wood is worth watching. Netflix = awesome lol

• 6/29/11 22:09 auroragyps:

Yeah, better than the other pics I saw of 10, but I still wish he was a geeky, tweedy Brit in the movie instead of this. Not that he can’t pull off ‘kick ass guy’, but he’s just not the type for this Mad Max version. *sigh*

• 6/30/11 11:30 the Muse:

auro he’s a geek def not the kick ass guy lol ;-D so I totes agreed! ;D

• 6/30/11 12:42 Tammie:

I just figured it out…he’s WAY too skinny to be badass. He can be badass in a “I’m the Doctor, feel my wrath” sort of way but not in…this…way lol

• 6/30/11 13:48 the Muse:

lol tammie!

• 7/1/11 3:10 auroragyps:

He can kick ass, but with his brain instead of his boot. I’m kind of hoping all the gear & leather is just for show and it turns out he’s not a fighter at all.

10- “I’m a tough guy!”

Vampire- “I R SCARY!”

10- “Mummy.”

:D

• 6/29/11 22:28 Marina:

Haha….that poster…it makes me laugh. Which is horrible since it’s a horror film. Funny, I’m about to watch Goblet of Fire (part of my ‘Get ready for LeakyCon movie marathon’)! I love me some Tennant ;)

• 6/30/11 13:51 the Muse:

marina are you counting the days for DH2? ;-D

• 6/29/11 23:01 Fey:

I’m so down about the remake of “Fright Night.” That movie was an homage to cheesy horror movies…and they’re trying to make it more serious. How can you even replace Evil Ed?????

You’ve got a brilliant idea with your open thread day.

• 6/30/11 11:29 the Muse:

ha fey he was the best! BREWSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR ;-D

• 6/29/11 23:19 MandyB:

Yays to open thread!

I totally agree about muse commenters being a happy supportive bunch; I never did get into Who, but Ten looks hawt in the poster; and sadly I am working the entire Canada day long weekend.

• 6/30/11 11:28 the Muse:

aw mandy! I’m sorry :-/ Wish you had off ;-D He does kinda look strange hot ;-D it’s the manliner ;D!

• 6/30/11 6:19 janet:

Open threads are fun! ^^

I’m quite sad that Greatest Love (kdrama) ended.. it was so good~ >W<

Have you been watching any kdramas lately Muse? :)

• 6/30/11 9:02 the Muse:

hey janet I’m totes looking forward to seeing greatest love ;-D I’ve been reading so many great things! I’m about to start Sunny Happiness and recently finished mary got married ;D! I’m also eagerly awaiting Sungkyunkwan Scandal on dvd ;D!

• 6/30/11 12:19 janet:

Ahh Sungkyunkwan Scandal!!!! Looveee it~ Mary got married was so cute too^^
        Greatest Love was incredible, I promise you’ll enjoy it <3

• 6/30/11 13:49 the Muse:

I can’t wait janet ;-D I still have to watch city hall with them too! ;D

• 6/30/11 7:42 Mary the Muse Militant:

I like the idea of an open thread every week. We can bitch behind your back Muse if you promsie not to look !!
    Otherwise we will be as angelic as usual :)
    I think Ten looks great in that promo. Much improved.

• 6/30/11 8:57 the Muse:

awww I wanna be part of the bitching mary! ;-D! he kinda looks dirty lol! I miss the trenchcoat

• 6/30/11 8:12 Maria:

I say Yea!!! ^_^ Very happy with this idea muse! I have no idea what Fright Night is though….>_< Sorry! But I do know that guy in the poster from the Potter films….although he looks much cuter here! Hehehehe! Could anyone explain what Fright Night is? Should I be watching this?

• 6/30/11 8:55 the Muse:

hey maria ;-D yay glad for you to be a part of the thread. Fright Night was an old 80’s horror flick starring Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall that’s being remade ;-D If you like horror flicks you might want to see the new or old versions ;-D cheesy good fun!

• 6/30/11 8:55 Nessa:

Hi Muse! Great idea!

Fright Night…don’t know about that but I do love me some Anton Yelchin! I have been catching up on all of his movies when he was younger and not I need to see him in more movies at this age. CUTIE! Loved him in Terminator Salvation and as Chekov in Star Trek <–there will be another one of those coming out in 2012, can't wait!

Here I am on goodreads, in case you're interested: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5536258-nessa

• 6/30/11 13:51 the Muse:

hey nessa! ;-D Anton Yelchin, ha…that’s an interesting one to throw out. Is it me or was he in sleepers too!? Aw cheers! going to go scout out your list ;-D!

• 6/30/11 13:19 CupK8:

Open threads are always fun! :D

At least Ten rounded out his resume with Hamlet first. ;) I will admit to finding this picture particularly sexy… Is it the eyeliner? The stubble? The leather? Or the raised eyebrow? I may never know. . .

• 6/30/11 13:48 the Muse:

amen cupk8 his best performance to date! the raise brow…it’s the brow ;D!

• 6/30/11 15:42 Ruth:

it has to be the brow. or the guyliner. or the coat. the stubble. the hair. *sigh* i’m such a fangirl.

• 6/30/11 15:47 the Muse:

;) Ruth I hear ya!

• 6/30/11 13:45 Janet Shepherd:

Mmmm, David Tennant. Yummy….. *drools*

Sorry, did you say something about open chat? :P

Sounds awesome Miss Muse!

• 6/30/11 13:48 the Muse:

lol janet ;-D ten does it every time, makes the mind mush ;D!

• 6/30/11 14:08 winni:

I vote for open thread day! YES.

• 6/30/11 15:49 SusanT:

I’d totally want to participate in an open post. I’d also love for us to be able to do a post where your readers pick their favorite products; I know I have a ton myself. As far as “Fright Night” goes, I am so there, though it would be hard to top the original — Chris Sarandon was so sexy as the vampire.