Beauty on a Budget: Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection SPF 55 SPF 70

Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection

Heads up for those seeking a budget SPF product!

I reviewed Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection SPF 55 yesterday but thanks to a reader (Thanks Kiwi) for mentioning that the formula is available in SPF 70 as well.

Check it!

Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection is located by the cosmetic selections from the brand so don’t look for it by the regular round up of SPF products at your drugstore.

This comes in two versions SPF 55 and 70. I do recommend them higher level and would have hauled it myself if I knew about it. It’s probably one of the most affordable options I’ve seen in terms of drugstore SPF and one that quite reminds me of many Asian style SPF fluids. It’s long overdue as well in my opinion as brands should really be embracing SPF products that absorb easily and wear well under makeup.

Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 55 $9.99
Provides superior broad-spectrum protection in an ultra light liquid formula that spreads easily over skin and absorbs quickly for a weightless feel. This new liquid form provides an even, non-shiny finish that works beautifully alone or under makeup and moisturizers. Plus, it’s formulated with PureScreen, a powerful blend of 100% naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients for superior broad-spectrum protection. Free of fragrances, dyes, oils, and irritating chemical ingredients.

Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection SPF 55 SPF 70 1

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 $9.99
Delivers powerful protection in a breakthrough lightweight liquid for daily protection from the sun. This water-light texture spreads easily over skin, absorbing instantly for an invisible, weightless feel. It also provides an even, non-shiny finish that works beautifully alone or under makeup and moisturizers. This product features Helioplex, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun.

Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Liquid Daily Sun Protection SPF 55 SPF 70 2

I highly recommend snagging these as they are a super budget price and have a great formula that works well over moisturizer and under makeup!

Available now at drugstores.

• 7/21/11 11:23 kiwikiwidragon:

Thanks for the shout out Muse!! Hope you get to haul them soon!

• 7/21/11 11:29 the Muse:

my pleasure kiwi! I’d have never know without your help! def need that 70 ;D!

• 7/21/11 11:37 the beauty alchemist:

I’ve been using Clarins UV Plus which I adore, as it’s light and perfect for oily skin but good SPF but I have looked at this in Target. I hear great things about it and it looks good for the oilies among us . Neutrogena usually makes a good product.

• 7/21/11 12:47 the Muse:

that’s a fav of mine d ;-D love it. But this is heaps cheaper ;-D! How’s the pc?

• 7/21/11 12:58 Musebeliever:

I saw it in France but hesitated. I’ll go grab one. ;)

• 7/21/11 12:59 the Muse:

tell me whatcha think Muse ;D!

• 7/21/11 14:24 Josh :D:

They also have a new Physical Based version that’s an SPF 50 — good for your more sensitive skin peeps :D

• 7/21/11 21:43 kimkats:

OK, I has to brag. :) I went to CVS today, as the Neutrogena sunscreens were all (well, most all) $9.99 if you have their rewards card, which I do! SO – I get the pure and free spf 50 and the ultra sheer daily liquid spf 70, AND I use 2 – $2 off coupons, AND I use a CVS coupon for $4 off a $20 purchase, so my grand total for the two sunscreens was $13.10!

I love being a cheapskate sometimes… there’s something awfully (and perhaps perversely) satisfying about it… :D

• 7/22/11 12:46 the Muse:

fantastic kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE deal ;D! lmk how you like the formula curious minds!

• 7/21/11 22:36 Sarah May:

This looks promising, but as someone who is extremely sensitive to chemical sunscreens, do you think this falls in the realm? Or would this be more a physical sunscreen? I find I can rarely wear many things containing SPF because they tend to be more chemical sunscreens than anything.

• 7/22/11 16:22 Jes:

I just returned from a week in Playa Del Carmen. I mixed the SPF 70 with some Bare Minerals foundation, and then applied a bit of bronzer. 8 hours on the beach, and in the ocean, with only minimal reapplication. I did not burn, or break out. Amazing stuff.

• 7/23/11 6:33 Stace:

There is also a tinted version – peach and lilac, both with spf50. They could be Asian version though. I’ve been using the lilac one that promises to be ‘anti-dullness’ – not sure about that claim but it has not broken me out in the 2 weeks I’ve used it. I also do notice it is quite drying but not as much a my beloved Shiseido Anessa is. If it’s not so expensive here (approx $20US for 30ml – yes the tube is smaller here!!) then this could be one of my fave summer sunscreens!

• 8/1/11 8:54 Margaret:

I just picked this up (the SPF 70) yesterday at Ulta. It was not 9.99 but 12.99. Are Ulta’s prices usually higher than everyone else’s?

Anyway, so far I love this. According to the directions, you only need a little bit. It isn’t slimy or oily. It doesn’t even smell very strongly. Not sure how effective the sun protection is; only time in the sun will answer that.

Thanks sooooo much for telling us about this.

• 8/2/11 12:09 the Muse:

sometimes yes sometimes no margaret ;-D sometimes they have good deals…depends…! ;-D my pleasure, glad you are liking it so far!