NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss

NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss

NARS makes a damn nice lipgloss but have you ever been a little disappointed with the formula because the sponge applicator just sucks it royally?

Maybe it’s me but I really dislike the applicator on NARS Lipgloss and feels like it doesn’t do the formula any great favors.

NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss embraces a new applicator and a new formula.

Check it!

This gloss has a formula with brilliant shine plus it promises an intense color payoff. Best part? A shorter bristled brush that delivers precise application a la Bobbi Brown Lipgloss.

Shades:

• Coeur Sucré (shimmering vibrant pink)
  • Como (golden plum)
  • Gold Digger (sparkling champagne beige)
  • Norma (bright cherry red)
  • Odalisque (pale apricot)
  • Pirée (rosy pink)
  • Place Vendôme (bright raspberry)
  • Spring Break (pale golden beige sheen)
  • Tiber (mauve nude)

NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss is $26 and available exclusively at Sephora and online at Sephora.com.

Now I need an Orgasm shade in my life!

P.S. The kicker? They are $2 more than the normal gloss and alot smaller at 0.19 oz!

• 7/27/11 11:19 Freidra:

That brush looks tiny, in a good way. I’m interested in Tiber… and probably a few others… : )

• 7/27/11 11:40 jen:

It sure seems like Nars’ higher prices and less quantity is becoming a trend… 1st a 50% reduction in the new matte lipstick at 0.07oz for the same price as all the other lipsticks (matte or otherwise) and now the lipgloss! wtf nars… what… the… fawk…

oh and btw, nars responded to my comment on fb and totally avoided it saying it “weighs” 0.07oz to make me think there wasn’t less product. beauty bloggers like yourself need to start blowing them up online especially when companies like bobbi brown are increasing the size of their lipgloss!

• 7/27/11 11:51 the Muse:

hey jen I didn’t realize the matte lippies were higher! thanks for telling me! gosh I hate when brands don’t reply correctly to valid questions :( that sucks. BB is indeed increasing their size so strange that these are being decreased and tacking out more $$! grrr!

• 7/27/11 12:56 Tammie:

I think since NARS is really getting popular it’s going to their heads, somebody needs to remind them that they aren’t as HE as they seem to think!!

• 7/27/11 12:37 Jackers:

Less product and higher price? Uh, I’ve held off on trying their glosses because I already thought they were overpriced, so there is now even less chance I’ll go for them. It’s a shame, their colors are gorgeous. Oh well.

• 7/27/11 15:01 Ali:

Well, it is true that the products can weight different mounts but contain the same volume of product; and the old formulation contained lanolin oil, and this one does not so it could really just be lighter with no less product. … Powders on the other-hand have comparable weights, so it’s easy to compare across formulations.

• 7/27/11 15:44 Mango:

“larger” than life? what a deceiving name :(

• 8/3/11 21:53 jen:

i picked this up at the sephora in PA tonight in Piree and live the new formula but hate the applicator. hate! it takes 3 – 4 times in the lipgloss to get co

• 8/4/11 8:31 the Muse: