Pop Beauty No Show Shine Decline Primer

in Pop

Pop Beauty No Show Shine Decline Primer

Pop Beauty takes a kindly note from both Dior and Mally Beauty with their new No Show Shine Decline Primer.

Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender has become a fast favorite for me particularly in the Summer heat as it gives my face not only a flawless, polished finish but also keeps nasty oily skin at bay. Dior makes a similar product but I haven’t seen this style of priming catching on which is a surprise because once one brand does a product you know everyone is vying to catch on to the same trick.

It surprises me that the trend didn’t develop since the product is an ideal Summer pick.

Check out Pop Beauty’s version!

This mattifying primer is a solid gel which works to prime skin while eliminating shine. This works great over or under makeup to keep makeup fresh longer while blurring fine lines, filling pores, and keeping shine at bay. Simply smooth the sponge onto the gel and apply to your face paying close attention to the T-Zone.

Essentially it’s like having a silicone primer melted down into a pressed format and even though I hate silicone primers this actually works or at least Mally’s version works, haven’t tried Pop Beauty’s yet!

Have you tried gel primers like this?

Have they worked?

Share it!

P.S. My evil packaging h0r alter ego thinks the packaging on Pop Beauty’s version is way nicer than Mally’s or Dior’s!

• 7/21/11 12:51 Gouldylox:

I love that you love this and am also surprised. Most of my non-dry skinned readers have not been brave enough to try it, assuming they will feel oily. This is one of my favorite new product types and am so glad to hear it will work for those who don’t have drier skin !

• 7/21/11 13:11 the Muse:

hey you! I’m actually oily now with some dryness but it still works a treat! I love it! not only b/c it keeps my forehead and nose shine free but also because it really perfects makeup and makes my face look flawless ;-D def think both dry and oily types can take advantage ;D!

• 7/21/11 13:21 Cj:

I’m really interested in these solid/pressed primers. I’ve been using Mac’s prep+prime skin for a while now, and while I do really like it, something new is always fun lol :P

• 7/21/11 16:13 the Muse:

hells to the yes cj ;-D something new is always awesome as far as I am concerned hehe!

• 7/21/11 14:23 Josh :D:

As much as I like the idea of this primer, my oily skin won’t be taking part in it — solid primers like this are promoting nothing but clog city on skins like me!

• 7/21/11 14:24 Barbara:

NARS makes something similar as well. I’m skeptical that silicone-based primers will work for my super-oily skin because the ones I’ve tried normally sit on the skin and make me oiler, thus melting the makeup straight off my face even sooner. Maybe this weekend I’ll head out to Sephora to try Dior’s and NARS’s versions.

• 7/21/11 14:27 the Muse:

nars version is the worst barbara :-/ I did a review when it first came out, was NOT impressed :-/ aw sorry to hear it :( if anything check our dior’s version as NARS wasn’t that fab imho!

• 7/21/11 16:02 Barbara:

Oh, I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve had very good luck with Dior products (their ForeverSkin foundation is superb on my skin), so I’ll check theirs out.

• 7/21/11 16:11 the Muse:

good luck Barbara hope you end up liking it ;D!

• 7/21/11 15:00 Regeena:

Do you think this is similar to UD’s De-Slick (in the tube)? I have a pretty oily t-zone and always wear foundation and I just don’t have a lot of confidence that this won’t smear my makeup. Thoughts?

• 7/21/11 15:34 the Muse:

I like deslick in a tube better regeena for keeping really bad oilies at bay…!

• 7/21/11 15:05 nancy:

yup i love mally’s too!

• 7/21/11 15:33 the Muse:

;-D!

• 7/21/11 20:42 mia wallace:

madina revolution – an italian – brand, has a very similar one: it’s real transparent and way cheaper! I heard that is one of the favourite of Pat McGrath! they also ship worldwide

• 7/22/11 12:27 CupK8:

My concern is the breakout explosion that happens on my face when I use mattifying primers like Deslick. :( I love the mattifying effect, but when I start to sweat, my skin starts to itch, and then it’s breakouts for days.

• 7/22/11 12:37 the Muse:

aw cupk8 same here with silicone for me…this doesn’t do that thankfully (not this version but the mally one I use) but totally can relate…feels like dozens of ants crawling under my skin!

• 7/22/11 12:38 CupK8:

I might have to give the Mally one a try. I sweat like a man-ape in the summer.

• 7/22/11 12:44 the Muse:

lol a man ape eh? haha!

• 8/29/12 1:31 Nicole Wong:

i’m having a bit of an issue with mine when i bought it from hautelook. the silicone flakes and rubs off whenever i try to pick it up with the sponge. is that normal? or did i just get a bad one?

• 8/30/12 19:36 Anna:

I have the same problem with mine that I bought from hautelook. I scraped off the flaky layer with a spoon.. And theres gel under it! Mustve dried out during storage.,,

• 9/3/12 14:04 Nicole Wong:

oh! thanks so much! that’s very helpful :) good to know that the gel part is normal and i should just scrape off the dried up bits. thank you!