Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Oil-Free Foundation Primer

Dude, a combination of the arctic temperatures in my office (we keep bodies and penquins in the back room) and my SPF is drying my skin out bad. It’s like the Sahara Desert and if you look close enough I imagine tumble weeds are rolling around my cheeks.

Oh, tumble weeds, that reminds me of the Wild West and…COWBOYS AND ALIENS bitches! Excited much? Can’t wait to see that flick but a little scared that Ford might be too old to do me proud, Indiana Jones was such a hot mess.

cpwboys

But about my dry skin…

Finally, Smashbox has listened to my rants about their silicone primer which feels like a hundred little ants running under my skin.

Now we have Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Oil-Free Foundation Primer ($42) for those of us that can’t take the silicone, the ants, and those with dehydrated skin.

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Oil Free Foundation Primer

Check it!

This hydrating primer preps skin for foundation has a cooling, refreshing sensation with a lightweight finish that offers an instant boast of moisture with an oil-free formula.

This contains Hydraplex12 extract derived from desert plants that allows the primer to quench dry skin and seal in moisture for hours with a protective barrier that fills in fine lines and pores.

FINALLY!

A Smashbox Primer that dry skin girls can take advantage of.

Thoughts?

Share ‘em!

• 7/28/11 11:55 2sillybugs:

So new that there are no ingredients listed on Sephora? I”ve tried the “light” version in the past and like it but because it has Vit. C in it I got little red sores on my face. Apparently, my skin and Vit.C doesn’t get along. Over the years I’ve tried many Vit. C products and the same thing happens every time, little red sores.

• 7/28/11 11:59 Courtney:

It’s about time! I’m super excited about this but I just ordered two tubes of Korre’s Vitamin E primer. I may have to wait for the review.

• 7/28/11 12:20 Josh :D:

Loves it muse — us oily skin folk can totally rock this primer as well! It feels amazing! :]

• 7/28/11 12:33 the Muse:

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! hydrating primers rules them all Josh ;D!

• 7/28/11 13:20 Josh :D:

Oh yes! I love the Light version…but the silicone breaks me out after a few days — I had no problem with this since it’s pretty much water with a tiny bit of silicone in the end. This and the Tarina Tarantino primer are both hydrating but work wonders on my very oily skin! :]

• 7/28/11 16:07 Janine:

I’ll give it a try. I have oily breakout-prone skin, and smashbox’s “light” oil-free version breaks me out like crazy, while the original does not. Silicones actually get along with my skin.

• 7/28/11 22:59 Sara:

Is it well and truly silicone-free? *big eyes a la Puss n’ Boots*

I got no problems with oil, except for mineral and sunflower, and actually use an oil-based moisturizer. silicones however? *shudder*. Shit fucks up my face crazy bad.

If the primer really works with dry skin I’ll have to check it out.

• 7/29/11 10:26 the Muse:

from what I understand YES sara ;-D

• 7/30/11 11:38 Sara:

Sweet! On my next trip to sephora I’ll look for it! :D

• 7/29/11 23:57 kristin:

Oh Muse, i’m so glad that i’m not the only one who thought that about the last Indiana Jones!! Aliens?? really?? But i digress…
    i think i may try this primer. i’m always getting their eyeshadows, it’s time for me to branch out. :)

• 8/1/11 21:27 Angela:

Any chance you have a list of ingredients?

• 8/1/11 21:31 Angela:

My lazy butt decided to Google it and here is the ingredient list:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Glycerin, Stearyl Dimethicone, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)] ILN38097

I wonder if this will leave a blue tinge on pale skin,has anyone tried this yet?

• 8/22/11 23:22 Cait:

it doesn’t leave a blue tinge on pale skin…it’s one of those products that looks blue, but really isn’t. does that make any sense? haha. i love the stuff though…and I hate the regular version and the light version.