Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 10

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 10

One day, not today, but one day I might just get away with wearing my foundation round the clock…or 15 hours. Which ever one comes first.

Maybe it’ll be that long wearing for Fall thanks to Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 10 but I dunno, I’ve had brands promise me long wear before!

Jump!

Priced at $42, this could be Smashbox’s most expensive foundation product to date.

According to Smashbox it’ll clock in at 15 whooping hours of wear so your skin looks perfect all day in a medium to full coverage formula that blurs imperfections using light diffusing properties plus it keeps skin hydrated while remaining transfer-proof, humid-proof, sweat-proof, and possibly end of the world, zombies eat your brains-proof.

I added that last part one in for drama.

Will it work?

Who knows but at least it’s paraben free.

Whatcha think?

• 7/27/11 21:33 Larie:

Yay paraben-free! :D

• 7/27/11 21:44 Josh :D:

Muse — I sampled this already and it lasted me during two hours of major sweating walking around in DC this past week (100+ degree weather), so, that’s saying a lot! As for 15 hours of a normal day? We’ll see!

• 7/28/11 10:16 the Muse:

SWEET josh ;-D nice one!

• 7/28/11 12:00 Cj:

Wow I gotta try this now! I’m getting really tired of Mac face and body, which is literally the only thing I got I can wear that won’t sweat off in Florida weather

• 7/28/11 12:01 the Muse:

has josh introduced you to his youtube channel cj: youtube.com/user/joshcolliermua “says matchmatcher Muse” haha!

• 7/28/11 12:06 Cj:

Lol! I’ve actually been subbed to him for a while but I didn’t know that was him! Wow this is so cool lol

• 7/28/11 12:30 the Muse:

haha ;-D Josh meet CJ, CJ this is Josh ;-D that’s funny…that is him ;-D such a cutie!

• 7/27/11 21:56 Isis:

I think few brands actually deliver the fantasy they promise…I accepted this a long time ago, Like I accepted I will never be cheetara from the thunder cats. :-(

• 7/28/11 10:15 the Muse:

wait isis, you mean I’ll be here? even when I grow up? bummer…

• 7/28/11 0:36 Kate:

Oh man, where am I going to find a foundation that will prevent the zombies from eating my brains?

I’m getting really sick of my bare escentuals foundation….maybe I’ll give this a try. (Well actually I’m planning a huge Sephora haul when I go to Seattle next month. I’m not leaving that store until I find a foundation I’m happy with!

• 7/28/11 10:12 the Muse:

tis hard kate…tis really hard to find it! Happy haulin’ hard!

• 7/28/11 0:54 Daniela:

Finally! Finally a company has created a foundation I can hoard in the event of a zombie apocalypse. I’m mentally and physically prepared but my makeup is woefully lacking. Thanks smashbox!

Ok am I an incredibly sad addict that I meant the above statement truthfully? Can’t wait to see if this stacks up to the claims…being in the Army has put all my long wear foundations to the test..it even obliterated my dermablend after 3 hours. *crosses finger*

• 7/28/11 10:11 the Muse:

LOL Daniela ;-D Dude, I’m totes ready for the zombie apocalypse too! I got all the essentials ;-D YOU NEVER KNOW! I’m in New York, find me it happens, I offer shelter, water, and all the spam you can eat! It’ll be the house with the moat around it and killer crocodiles in that moat.

• 7/28/11 15:56 Daniela:

Ooh have you read the zombie survival handbook? I highly recommend it…it’s the non- believers that will get eaten first. Question though..if your crocodiles got bitten would they eat human brains or only other crocodile brains?

• 7/28/11 16:10 the Muse:

one wonders I might have to second guess that because if they ate human brains that would mean they would come after us!!!!!!!!!! But I was thinking that maybe the crocs would beat out the zombies..but still the potential for the crocs to get bitten, even during the consuming of a zombie, is very real. jeez…gotta second guess those crocs…maybe sharks with freaking laser beams would be a better option!? Thoughts?! But of course I’ve read it along with pride and prejudice and zombies you know, to give me a little more culture in preparation for all the balls with zombies…..*nods* or something like that. ;-D!

• 7/28/11 2:44 neutralgirl:

Yeah, you could probably get away with 15 hrs of wear but u would have to not move, sweat, blow ur nose or accidentally touch ur face for that matter. But this seems like it could be good, though I wonder why they went with a much lower spf than most formulas they r coming out with now.

• 7/28/11 23:25 Comrade Garlic:

I have to try this. Anything that could last a couple hours in the DC swamp has to be good. Absolutely nothing I’ve worn has stood up to the weather here lately.

• 8/1/11 15:10 Leslie:

I am normally a Bare Essentuals girl for foundation but got talked into trying this when I stopped into Sephora last week. (They gave me quite the sample to test out) It’s a big change for me since I’m not used to wearing a liquid fondation. BUT, I must say that I’ve received a million compliments on how my face looks. So many that I’m willing to spend $42 on it.

Today is the first day that I’m truly testing it. I applied my makeup at 5:30 this morning, took a walk in the 95 degree weather on my lunch (105 heat index). As of now, 2pm this afternoon my make up looks just as good as it did this morning. I know that my Bare Essentuals would not be the same story. My face feels pretty good. I was expecting to feel oily or greasy.

I think I’m headed to Sephora after to work to purchase a bottle. I think it was really great that Sephora gave me a few days worth of foundation to really try it out. So…I’m sold!

• 8/2/11 12:08 the Muse:

thanks for your thoughts Leslie sounds great ;D!