Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette Stila Brighten & Correct Concealer

Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette Stila Brighten Correct Concealer 3

Remember what I said you could probably expect to see more from Fall 2011 for Stila?

Well they have a brand new palette and a concealer to get excited about that are now available at Sephora.

The Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette goes at it in real Stila style with a whooping $75 price tag!

Check it!

Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette $75
This palette was created with brides in mind (perhaps you want to call it a late Summer release rather than a Fall ones although the colors are very Fall friendly) and is packaged in a velvet pouch.

Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette Stila Brighten Correct Concealer 1

You get:

• 6 x Eye Shadows
  • 1 Cheek Color
  • 1 Bronzing Powder
  • 2 Lip Colors
  • 1 Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish

No confirmation on the exact shades here or the sizes but I imagine at this price it’s for all full size products.

Stila a new concealer out! You know me and concealer, I’ll have to definitively try this!

Stila Brighten & Correct Concealer $28 (Available in 5 Shades)
A multi-complex concealer that brightens, illuminates, and conceals. The concealer promises to help reduce the appearance of darkness over time and two shades are swirled together here one for brightening and one for correcting!

Stila Happily Ever After Beauty Palette Stila Brighten Correct Concealer 2

As much as I like the palette it’s a little above my budget as I could do some damage on other products for Fall at that price. I like the concealer but it too sports a rather high price tag plus I see a few issues already with it that aren’t making me happy to try it…the combination of the concealer plus the brightener is making me think that it’ll be one of those sparkling pigment concealers that look all disco crazy under my eyes.

What do you think?

• 7/14/11 11:02 kimkats:

It’s pretty but stila has been overpriced for ages for the quality it’s become. I like the palette a lot, but I totally agree $75 is WAY overpriced for it. I’ll keep an eye on their sales later on and on the companies that basically wholesale “leftover” makeup and see if it ends up there. I’d probabaly do it for less, but $75 is a whit high for me (and stila, frankly…)

• 7/14/11 11:04 the Muse:

hey kim! agreed…! this is quite high!

• 7/14/11 11:04 Missy:

yowza, that’s pricey! I’ll save it for more interesting things later on in the year… It is a pretty palette though. I have Lionfish and not at all impressed with the pigmentation. Doesn’t glide across the skin, sorta drags, if that makes sense.

• 7/14/11 11:04 the Muse:

mmm I know what you mean about lionfish missy!

• 7/14/11 11:13 Sarah S.:

I was liking how stila was becoming budget-friendly, like hard candy… don’t you think that would be a better move for the company? get affiliated with target or something!

• 7/14/11 11:14 the Muse:

oh gosh no sarah…I fear it’ll really suffer quality wise if it went to Target……I love me some Target but the quality has already decreased alot since it came back in the verge of bankruptcy I think going any cheaper it might kill the deal…

• 7/14/11 11:16 Sarah S.:

fair enough, but for $75 I’d get some Chanel, wouldn’t you?

• 7/14/11 11:24 the Muse:

absolutely girl!!!!! ;D!

• 7/14/11 11:15 Sara:

While I think in many respects, the quality of Stila’s full size items rivals that of higher-priced prestige brands like Chanel and Dior, they have devalued their brand so much with blitz sales and bargain pricing that I have difficulty imagining that even the most ardent fans will pay $75 for this palette.

• 7/14/11 11:27 the Muse:

hey sara I love their sales and bargain pricing but I def agree!

• 7/14/11 13:21 Sara:

Yes, I’ve benefited from the sales too. It’s just that from a business standpoint, I think a lot of times people will think you are worth what you tell them you are worth, and Stila has spent the last few years telling us their palettes are worth bargain basement prices. I used to drop $30+ on their palettes without really hesitating *too* much, but now I have to think about even the $14 travel palettes because there is always the thought they might go on sale or be clearanced out later. As I mentioned above, brands like Chanel or Dior tell you their eyeshadows are worth $50 and people pay it… and in my opinion the quality isn’t any better than Stila. But they have kept their brand integrity strong and never discount it, so people perceive their stuff as being “worth it.” If Bobbi Brown were releasing this Stila palette at $75 nobody would bat an eye…

• 7/14/11 13:26 the Muse:

too true sara, too true. VERY well said and oh so true.

• 7/14/11 13:00 Cj:

Omg I want that concealer lol! I hope it isn’t glittery and by brightener they mean… Idk something other than glitter lol my brain isn’t working this early :P

• 7/14/11 16:00 Smirking Valet:

What what what?? $75 for a Stila palette??? I love Stila – it’s one of my favorite brands. But if I’m going to pay $75 dollars for makeup, it better include a time machine to make me look younger!! I can’t remember Stila ever having a product that cost this much. Even when Jeanie Lobell was in charge…in other words, NO THANKS, STILA :P

• 7/19/11 13:13 Jessica:

I played with this yesterday
    My thoughts? I REALLY like it.
    But not for $75 if that makes sense.
    Nothing to do with Stila personally (I’ve never minded their prices) it’s just, there’s so much more out there in the beauty world I can spend $75 on.

• 7/19/11 13:13 the Muse:

agreed Jessica…love me some Stila but the Fall beauty world is vast and I can do alot with $75!

• 7/19/11 13:36 Jessica:

Exactly! I’m not being a brand snob by any means it’s just that for $75 there’s a lot more I could get.

• 7/19/11 13:43 the Muse: