Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Swatches

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Swatches 001

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 is finally available in North America! Yay! It recently launched at Sephora and hopefully counters will soon it soon as well.

I purchased both shades to swatch and review on Musings but haven’t had a chance to test them out yet but here are swatches for both Shade 1 and Shade 2 to whet your appetite and possibly help you decide the best shade for your skin tone.

Jump!

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Swatches 002

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Swatches 003

• 8/23/11 21:28 BooBooNinja:

hmmm… intriguing…

• 8/23/11 21:28 Bianca:

This looks interesting… Can’t wait for your review :)

• 8/23/11 22:02 Sara:

Hmm….siliconey? And what’s the sunscreen? Chemical or physical?

I saw Missha and “Nano”(?) at a Korean grocery store over the weekend. It made me sad to see they had silicones in the top 1-2 ingredients. :(

Review, Muse, review!! *shakes fist* :p

• 8/24/11 9:28 the Muse:

I’m not really sure sara, I just swatched but haven’t really looked into what kind of sunscreen it has, what the texture is like. :-/ I’ll review soon.

• 8/24/11 11:26 Sara:

*lol*, it’s ok, I was just giving you back sass. :) I am interested in how Clinique compares to the asian BBs you have in your collection….and also being Sassy McSasserston.

When I purchased the black honey lippies (the double ended ones) they gave me the free gift and there was a tined moisturizer in there. In blazing orange of all colors. *rolleyes* Who is orange?? At least the two color choices for the BB cream look reasonable.

• 8/24/11 12:49 the Muse:

oh no worries sara! :-D I’ll def compare of course ;-D! ugh! orange and mud beige too shades that foundations seem to embrace with all their heart particularly at the drugstore!

• 8/23/11 22:08 Geek in Heels:

I’m very intrigued to see what you think about this, and will be looking forward to your view! That being said, from my experience, the U.S./western BB creams do not match up to the Asian ones, so my expectations aren’t that high.

• 8/24/11 9:28 the Muse:

agreed Geek! I’ve done a few us bb cream reviews recently versus western and they just don’t compare at all!

• 8/23/11 22:17 Appu:

The darker shade looks like it might work on me. But the price is ouch..which is why i like Skin Food :) Can’t wait for your take on this.

• 8/23/11 22:44 Cynthia:

I tested these BB creams at Sephora as well. I’m kinda of concern and don’t know which shade to go for cause I have light and medium skin. The shade 2 looks darker which is probably a good shade for me during the summer than shade 1. I don’t know if I’m really really in love with this cause the smell is kinda of awful. I was really interested in getting this but after testing it, it was kinda of a bummer for me.

• 8/23/11 22:58 Ashley:

Will read your review first and then perhaps buy & try later.

• 8/23/11 23:24 sara:

OMG! Can’t wait for the review!

• 8/24/11 7:50 Amy:

Both seems to be waaay too dark for me… =\

• 8/24/11 10:10 Courtney:

Shade one looks too dark for me too. :( Boo. So far I like the Dr. Jart premium but I agree that it’s more like a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream. I was excited about Clinique but now I’m not so sure.

• 8/24/11 10:28 Daniela:

I like the look of the second shade but I have to wonder if it works for me what about women darker than I am. Did Clinique just forget about a huge section of the population? Grrr what is with cosmetic companies?! I could rant but I won’t..hopefully they make more shades.

• 8/24/11 11:04 the Muse:

daniela it’s a bb creams only ever come in two shades hun. if they did a range of colors it would defeat the purposes and idea of a bb cream

• 8/24/11 14:19 Daniela:

That’s a good point:) I just get so irked at that sort of stuff you know?

• 8/24/11 14:28 the Muse:

aw I understand. BB’s are a hit and a miss chica so you have to find just the right one and when you do I promise it’s BLISS ;-D Clinique might not be your one but no worries there are 100’s of brands to choose from, you’re bound to hit one that suits ;-D!

• 8/24/11 14:44 Laura:

I am crossing my fingers on the Garnier one. I love all their products because they work well with my skin

• 8/24/11 10:43 Cj:

This is getting to be very disappointing. All of the Asian bb creams are too light and all of the US bb creams are turning out to be too dark lol!

• 8/24/11 11:16 the Muse:

lol cj bb creams are an adventure you really have to sit down and pick through them to get the right one but when you do oooo JOY ;-D

• 8/24/11 12:04 Laura:

I feel like I must be Shade 1.5, I’m so inbetween those – maybe I can mix them together!

• 8/24/11 12:04 the Muse:

i feel that way too laura ;-D

• 8/24/11 14:56 Aninha:

Number 1 is darkest than number 2??

• 8/24/11 14:59 the Muse:

no aninha. number 2 on the left, number 1 on the right.

• 8/24/11 15:02 Aninha:

Ok. Thanks.

• 8/24/11 15:05 the Muse:

np

• 8/25/11 15:59 Mia:

I wish they’d come out with some drug store BB creams for those of us on a budget.

• 8/25/11 16:05 the Muse:

garnier just released on in the UK Mia so maybe by Spring we’ll see them!

• 1/6/12 12:42 tousledkitten:

What annoys me is that these aren’t available at counters in the UK yet so I can’t swatch it to see if the shade will be OK and the swatches on the UK clinique site are AWFUL. Is it just me or does shade 1 look darker than shade 2 in the UK site swatches? Lol. http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/4323/19517/Just-Arrived/NEW-Age-Defense-BB-Cream-SPF-30/index.tmpl

• 1/6/12 12:47 the Muse: