Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow & Base Duo for Fall 2011

Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow Base Duo for Fall 2011 004

Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow Base Duo for Fall 2011 003

It’s been a little bit of time since my last Jill Stuart purchase. I find the collections and colors a bit repetitive however I was intrigued by their new Prism Carat Eye Shadow & Base Duo that released with their Fall 2011 Collection. I asked my best friend, who lives in Japan, to pick up two of these out of sheer curiosity!

Let’s take a look a the promo images until these arrive in my mailbox and I can review!

Jill Stuart Fall 2011 released August 5th in Japan and features a few new shades of products already available in the general catalog. The newest product in the collection is the Prism Carat Eye Shadow & Base Duos which are available in five shades. These are not limited edition and will be added to the catalog after Fall.

These shadows are comprised of loose pigmented eyeshadow or what I deem craft glitter ha…and a cream base. Honestly, looking at them they look like shimmer overload! Phew! But I’m still quite curious to give them a whirl.

Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow Base Duo for Fall 2011 002

Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow Base Duo for Fall 2011 001

These are available in the following shade selections:

• Brilliant Crown (Coral Base, Gold Shimmer)
  • Dazzling Rosary (Brown Base, Rose Shimmer)
  • Blooming Tiara (Pale Pink Base, Pink Shimmer)
  • Twinkle Cross (Mauve-y Pink Base, Grey Shimmer)
  • Radiant Corsage (Charcoal Black Base, Silver Shimmer)

Jill Stuart Prism Carat Eye Shadow Base Duo for Fall 2011 12

Each shadow is 3,500 yen but online shops are going as high as $10-$15 on top of retail. AlphaBeautyUK on E-bay has them for $45.95 USD each.

Jill Stuart Cosmetics are sold at the Flagship Store here in Manhattan and they do ship for a fee to various locations in the US however, I’m not sure if you’ll see Fall 2011 until much later.

I’ll be reviewing shortly!

What do you think?

Too much shimmer?

Love it?

Share!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the seller mentioned in this post.

• 8/10/11 12:37 Tammie:

Pretty although not for me…as always I love Jill Stuarts packaging!

I agree with you about the releases being repetitive, luckily I want only a couple blushes, sadly they are so darned pricey I haven’t been able to suck it up and buy any yet! But I do want them very much, they are worth it for the packaging alone hehe.

I do so wish the rumor that Jill Stuart cosmetics would be released nationwide in the US from a couple years ago was true…I would much prefer buying it in person! But oh well…some day I will have a blush or 2 in my hot little hands xD

• 8/10/11 12:39 the Muse:

that would be very nice tammie :( sadly that release was extended to their flagship store but no counters :-/

• 8/10/11 12:51 Tammie:

Yeah…you’d just think girls in the US would want to have princess-like cute makeup too! I think it would go along nicely…doesn’t have to be a huge release either, maybe just Nordstrom or Macy’s I dunno…just one store in the US makes me :(.

Do they at least get everything at the flagship store?

• 8/10/11 13:00 the Muse:

they have a good deal of product but some of the newer items not so much and def not the skincare/bath and body/fragrances :-/ I agree at least Nordstrom or saks?! Somewhere ;D!

• 8/10/11 13:03 Tammie:

Aww! Well I guess at least they have SOMETHING…better than nothing at all eh!

Yeah…thinking about it more probably wouldn’t fit in in at Macys but Nordstrom/Saks/Bloomies would probably fit in just fine! But really, I’ll take anywhere if it would just be a nationwide release!

• 8/10/11 13:17 the Muse:

well they do have plenty of the color cosmetics ;-D!

I agree….anything is better than nothing ;D!

• 8/10/11 13:10 Katrosado:

Which two did you ask for Muse? These are so beautiful but I just can’t wear the sparkles like I used to—

• 8/10/11 13:16 the Muse:

hey katros 103 and 101 blooming tiara I believe it is and brilliant crown ;-D me either tbh…lol…but I’m so tempted!

• 8/10/11 19:50 LINDARRAGNAR:

radiant corsage looks really pretty, and looks like the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill shadow, but $45 bucks?!

YIKES thats more money than the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill shadow I just bought!

• 8/11/11 15:34 lisa:

The packaging really appeals to me, infact I’d like to say is one of the best outer packaging designs so far.

The JS prism carat eyes tend to have very much shimmer in them , the creamy base is lovely!

The mix blush compact wins my heart the most! Can’t wait for Jill Stuart Holiday 2011!

Lisa x

• 8/12/11 15:38 ann:

I only ordered one thing from this collection, the Lazy Doll jelly gloss and I’m happy with that.