Laura Mercier Classic Smoky Eye Palette

Laura Mercier Classic Smoky Eye Palette Fall 2011

Meh, I probably have tons of shades in my stash that I can use to do up a nice smoky eye.

However, why oh why do I find myself tempted by the Laura Mercier Classic Smoky Eye Palette?

Jump!

This palette features Laura Mercier essentials for creating that perfect smoky eye!

A detailed instruction guide, five shades of shadow, and three brushes are housed in this slick palette for getting your smoke on.

Laura Mercier Classic Smoky Eye Palette

Ouchie on the $85 price tag though!

Loves it?

Leave?

Share it!

Available at Nordstrom.

• 8/2/11 14:09 Courtney:

Loved it until I saw it was $85! Ouch. Think I’ll have to pass.

• 8/2/11 14:13 the Muse:

*nods* me too….if I didn’t have alot of blacks, silvers, etc…already I might consider it but I already have a ton of these shades already!

• 8/2/11 14:20 JoElla:

ooooooooohhhhhh pretty! I love those colors but sadly would end up looking like a panda bear!

It is a major OUCH price, but then again you get a set of brushes so I can see the price.

• 8/2/11 15:20 Atanza:

I love it, especially because it includes all the brushes you need. However, I already have colors that are close to all of these, and I have similar brushes, as well. It’s a nice set for someone just getting into makeup, maybe, although $85 is a pretty high price!

• 8/2/11 15:23 Jessica:

Despite already having a lot of these colors, and declaring my Chanel palette the best smoky eye maker ever – This might become my first Laura Mercier purchase lol. Anything else by her I should pick up?
    (I imagine people are fainting that I, the junkie have never purchased anything by LM)

• 8/2/11 15:24 the Muse:

def her tm! best ever and her transparent powder and her full color glosses! fall 2011 from LM is amazinggggggg reviewed the blushes/glosses already loves!

• 8/2/11 19:06 Tasha:

Wow the pice.. I think I will pass. I think this will b good for someone starting to collect makeup. Or those who doesn’t have lots of makeup or brushes… I would totally get these if I’m starting out

• 8/2/11 20:54 Marty Pauline:

I already have most of the colors, but love the brushes. Price is too steep. Gonna add to my wish list then

• 8/3/11 4:23 Nia:

Oh, the palette looks really great, but 85$? Ouch.
    I never tried anything from Laura Mercier, are they eyeshadows good quality?
    The brushes look really nice.

• 8/3/11 8:55 JenJ:

$85!!! What the hayle! Nice but yea I’m like you Muse, I have enough shades to pull from already to create a smoky eye. Even if I didn’t I wouldn’t drop $85 for this palette when they’re more affordable options that are just a good. Hmph!

• 8/3/11 12:01 the Muse:

totes jen! ;-/ wince at that price tag!

• 8/3/11 11:52 Jennifer:

I saw this when I got the LM email, and even though I have dupes for almost all colors, except for maybe the sable, I love makeup brushes and since I’m just starting to get into them, I thought it would be a great way to beef up my collection. But can I just say, that through some crazy weird glitch on their website, I managed to get this set for $51… Did anyone else notice that!? I went back and their website is saying $85 now, but I definitely snagged this for $51 PLUS scored with 5 deluxe samples… Can I just say that I LOVE LMs deluxe sized samples!! They are SO great! I should be getting this sometime today. SO excited! Plus I like that I’ll have a classic smokey eye palette all put together. Did anyone else notice the gorgeous looking milky pink and nude colors that are new for their glosses! Want want want so bad!!!

• 8/3/11 12:01 the Muse:

no kid Jennifer? SCORE girl b/c I think the shadows might be full size…nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you mean the canyon ones?!

• 8/3/11 20:24 Jennifer:

Yeah, they have a whole new set of colors that must be part of their new Smokey Eye concept that they’re rolling on out… Laura Mercier has a bunch of gorgeous lighter colored lip glaces that fall toward the nude beige side or the peachy pink side. Def have to check it out.

Update on the palette: photos do this palette no justice at all. In fact, even though it seems like your classic blacks and greys palette… the granite and sable are both definitely in the brown family… granite is a great medium brown matte shade and sable is a gorgeous slightly shimmery shade (looks more shimmery in the photo and the pan than it actually is) and vanilla is definitely more of a cream. And the black is the prettiest shimmery black shade I’ve ever seen. EVER. The shimmer/glitter bits in the sparkling noir are suuuuuuuper fine, and it actually translates to the eye in a really nice sophisticated way a la Olivia Wilde. (even though I know she used Chanel for that smokey eye look) LOVING LOVING it. It’s the prettiest thing ever.

But $85 loving it???? Hmmm. I might be more reluctant. Probably b/c I’m not at all used to spending huge amounts of money on a single piece of makeup. I’m just thrilled I got it at the price I did. The brushes that came with it are ridiculously soft and nice though. IMHO, it really wouldn’t be a poor investment choice for those that are on the fence and can (sorta) afford it.

• 8/3/11 14:51 JenJ:

Winning!

• 8/5/11 15:48 Majick:

I have so many smokey eye palettes that I don’t need this BUT (and there always is one with me… LOL)
    the brushes in this set look really great. I think the palette is really well thought out and would be great for someone who needs the brushes and the colors. I really don’t think I’ve seen an eye palette come with so many great brushes in one set.
    Great score to Jen who got this for $51 – FABULOUS!

• 8/5/11 17:15 Crystal:

i saw that, i checked the price and saw it was $51 and now it’s $85! i was going to cave and get it till the price jumped!