MAC Art of Powders Collection

MAC Art of Powders Fall 2011 001

You gotta love MAC because when they get inventive, they really get inventive.

MAC Art of Powders is a new color collection of three MAC Artist Powders inspired by the Masters & modern art movements.

Check ‘em!

The collection includes an op art Optical Bronzer that explores the depth, dimension and sheer illusion of bronze.

A Street Art Eye Shadow personalizes the eye with a madcap act of pure graffiti.

And for those who love random acts of light and shade, an In The Abstract Highlighter.

These palettes empower creation and better form of creation either there than makeup?

MAC In The Abstract Highlighter $38
Soft pink base with yellow gold lines and lavender and midtone pink dots

MAC Art of Powders Fall 2011 002

MAC A Street Art Eye Shadow $38
Street Art Eye Shadow Graffiti design with light brown, white, light cool blue, warm orange, pastel pink, and pastel blue

MAC Art of Powders Fall 2011 005

MAC Optical Bronzer $38
Optical Bronzer Bronze with gold pearl and neon pink with gold pearl

MAC Art of Powders Fall 2011 004

MAC Art of Powders will be available September 29, 2011 in North America and Internationally at select locations starting October.

I’m actually very excited, it’s been a while since MAC got my attention.

What do you think?

• 8/15/11 16:47 Erin:

Love the look…hope they apply as beautifully as they look!

• 8/15/11 16:48 Rach:

That MAC Optical Bronzer with the neon pink got my attention for sure

• 8/15/11 16:50 Tammie:

Very pretty but nothing I can use! If there was a blush then maybe…

• 8/15/11 16:53 niamh D:

it worries me that i just got idea’s to buy these to just stare at and never use,but really is that a good idea :P

• 8/15/11 16:58 Geek in Heels:

Seriously. I love AND hate it whenever a cosmetics company releases products like these — so pretty but I would be afraid to use it and ruin the art!

• 8/15/11 17:04 the Muse:

aw me too geek in heels same problem! but I’ve come to terms with the fact I have so much makeup it’s absurd not to use it ;-D!

• 8/16/11 13:46 Freidra:

Doesn’t it seem like a good idea for MAC (and Chanel and Dior and all the other companies who release palettes that are both art and makeup) to give you a tiny, palette sized print of the makeup you just bought? You know like how Lipstick Queen’s packaging is also an art card? Just sayin’.

• 8/15/11 16:58 Hannah:

Mac never really catches my eye, but these look pretty awesome, especially that bronzer, If it’s not too shimmery I may even end up buying one!

• 8/15/11 17:30 addie:

i would love to but the highlight or the bronzer but $40 is way too much, at least for me

• 8/15/11 20:26 Courtney:

These all look amazing!

• 8/15/11 20:52 Misato-san:

beautiful, but I’ll skip them because… I don’t want to ruin them and I think make up is made to be used XD

• 8/15/11 21:32 Mary the Muse Militant:

Really fabulous. The bronzer and the highlighter would come home with me but they are so expensive for Mac.

• 8/16/11 1:40 Melissa:

Thanks for this post (instert foul language here) I love these love lvoe love them and I will use all 3. I’m hoping something I’m lemming doesnt look nice in person or I will need a second job to support my makeup habit.

• 8/16/11 2:11 tee:

Owwwwww!!!! So pretty!!!! I think I’m so going to lemming for this one!

• 8/18/11 11:18 Claudia:

Such a love-hate relationship. It is so gorgeous and I appreciate the time it takes to make these but the colors are always hard to work with…especially the eyeshadow. It is gorgeous though and I will have to wait to see it in person to judge it.