Maybelline Fashion Week Collection for Fall 2011

Maybelline Fashion Week Collection for Fall 2011 001

Maybelline Fashion Week Collection for Fall 2011 might be one to check into your next trip the drugstore. This collection includes a range of various LE products but one thing that stood out was the new baked blushes…granted, not that exciting, but…they have a red shade (fuzzy photo sorry, taking pics at the drugstore is incredibly difficult as employees get mighty pissy) that’s VERY much a spot on dupe for the bright red shade of Chanel Jouse Contraste Rouge from the Byzance Collection.

Maybelline Fashion Week Collection for Fall 2011 003

Maybelline Fashion Week Collection for Fall 2011 002

• 8/17/11 21:26 LINDARRAGNAR:

ohh I really have liked the ads i’ve been seeing for this! The baked blush looks nice but knowing maybelline the blush will be 10 $ or something to expensive for drugstore makeup!

• 8/19/11 9:34 Sarah S.:

I think the blushes are like $6.49, so not that bad! But I’ve never had a good Maybelline blush, so I passed.

• 8/18/11 0:33 Ruthless:

The eyeshadow palettes that are shaped kind of like arrows are horrible IMHO the texture and staying power (on oily lids) is miserable

• 8/18/11 9:48 Telle:

Hi Ruthless! I have found thE opposite-these tend to be some of the best from made brands for oily lids. That said I *always* use Samashbox lid primer or Shiseido primer on eyes, for *any* shadows that I wear. it’s too bad these didn’t work out for you b/c they are a nice little gem, imho. :)

• 8/21/11 21:06 Blair:

I agree with Telle! Even while using a drugstore-primer (I use a concealer from Almay) I find that the shadows are SUPER pigmented and VERY silky and high-quality. They’re a little too frosty to wear on a casual occasion though, but maybe these new LE ones will be a bit more casual…

My only complaint is that they tend to blend together after being on your eyes for a little while. The colours that look similar but not alike are somewhat tricky to distinct. Still, it stays on and doesn’t crease for a nice long time.

• 8/18/11 8:33 Sarah S.:

I got the pink lipstick (Designer Pink) which is terrible and going back but the nude lipstick (Beige Bombshell) is gorgeous on me and I’m gonna try to buy a back-up! The Makeover Mocha quad has two nice nude satin shades akin to UD Naked and Buck, though not as matte or smooth, but similar enough for the bargain!

• 8/18/11 9:53 Telle:

Thanks for the photos Muse! Clandestine beauty blogger risking the wrath of drugstore bots to deliver the good to her unwavering and always pleased followers and fan base! ( : D
    I hope these show up in Canada! Maybelline performs consistently well and is a nice affordable option especially for back to school! We did get the collection with the 4 LE shades (mermaid, almond and the other two which were literally identical to shades on in the core lineup, boo that) but we never got the bright wide shadow collection (did get the lime infused glosses, colored mascaras, and polishes). Guess we will have to see!

• 8/19/11 9:28 the Muse:

my pleasure telle hope you get ‘em soon!

• 8/18/11 11:55 Andi:

omg i went to cvs to pick up my vichy mineral water spray and i saw these. lets just say i walked out paying for more than mineral water spray! lol. i got on the the le palettes in 805 (neutral soft shades), the liquid gel liner and a forest green color and a lipstick in plum jewel from the bright jewels(?) collection.

• 8/19/11 9:27 the Muse:

SWEET haul andi enjoy! :)

• 8/19/11 14:38 Susan:

The red blush is awesome. Very pigmentated, smooth and blendable, slight gold shimmer. Just a gorgeous color and perfect for fall.

• 8/19/11 14:40 the Muse:

happy to hear susan! quite a dupe for Chanel’s version!

• 8/21/11 1:24 Christine:

i certainly hope this collection comes to Malaysia, would looooove to get my hands on the blushes, lippies and the polishes! Would you be reviewing/swatching this collection? ;)

• 8/22/11 10:40 the Muse:

I hope you guys get it Christine. Sadly not…probably just the blush to be honest as I’m not really all that impressed with the rest ;-D but we’ll see! :D

• 8/21/11 21:09 Blair:

Oooh, thanks for the photos, Muse! :) I would’ve never known about the baked blushes if you hadn’t posted this – I usually don’t go to CVS if I want to buy drugstore makeup, I go to Walmart since they tend to be priced cheaper there.

Those baked blushes look extremely tempting, I admit. I think I may have to purchase one. ;)

• 8/22/11 9:59 the Muse:

hey blair my pleasure! ;-D they are out at all the drugstores hun! Walmart never gets the LE items :( sigh!

• 8/25/11 15:19 coco:

I found it today @ Walgreens! I purchased the red baked blush, an eye quad, and a the forest gel liner. can’t wait to try!