NYC Color Cosmetics Black Magic Halloween/Fall 2011 Collection

CVS has the display up for the new NYC Color Cosmetics Black Magic Halloween 2011 Collection.

Let’s take a closer look!

The collection features three shades of lipstick, three glosses, one palette, two nail polishes, and a palette. Prices are $1.99-$2.99 and the palette is marked as $4.99.

I didn’t purchase any of it as it’s not particularly exciting to me. The bright pumpkin shade of polish is quite nice though and I like the promo image but…mmm..I get too much of a cheap, cheesy vibe from it. Plus if I’m honest I can’t see myself sporting black, white, or bright red lipstick no matter if it’s Halloween or not.

What do you think?

Hauls away?

No way!?

Share it!

• 8/23/11 20:42 Barbara:

That orange-y lipstick looks promising. Was this at CVS?

• 8/23/11 21:53 jenn:

i bought the black lipstick and it sucks :(
    SO sheer and the color doesn’t build up.

• 8/24/11 0:35 Fey:

I dig the thick, non-sticky gloss texture. Pretty opaque stuff. I love to wear the black on the lower lip and the white on the upper just because I’m a university student and can still get away with that. Yay. Blackula. Awful movie. Great lipstick.

• 8/24/11 4:59 Felicia:

I’ve been really into orange lipstick lately, and I also think it looks promising.

• 8/24/11 5:20 Jess:

The palette is kind of a letdown. I have it and I couldn’t get it to work for me no matter what I did. No matter what base I used.

I’ll send it to you muse if you’d like to try it! (no, srsly I will)

• 8/24/11 9:08 the Muse:

aw thanks for the offer jess but I’m cool I don’t think I can work those shades either sadly ;-/

• 8/24/11 5:59 Musebeliever:

I want the nail polishes ! O.O
    I love orange nail polises and I don’t have a black one.
    But wait… Not available in France right ?

I’ll just cry my heart out as always. Oh they look so pretty…

A but disappointed by the Eye pallette I was expecting something more extravagant.

• 8/24/11 9:08 the Muse:

aw sorry muse no…:(

• 8/24/11 11:43 Felis:

I got the white cause I’m poor and could use a mixing lipstick. It is pretty sheer but works well for lightening other lip colors or layering with colored glosses.

• 8/24/11 13:24 Telle:

Haha! This does look kinda cheese-bally, but if I can find this, I may pick up the white gloss..! :)

• 8/24/11 22:19 Cathryn:

I broke down and got the white lipstick and black lipgloss. The white lipstick, personally, is kinda “meh” for me. On it’s own it’s like a sheer frosty white that looks like something Snooki from the Jersey Shore would wear. I guess I could do some experimenting and see how it looks with layering. The black lipgloss was better for me; the sparkles in in are small enough to not look all chunky teeny-bopper, and it’s opaque enough to really vamp up a red lipstick. I don’t think wearing black lipgloss on its own is ever a good idea, because even if it has purple-y undertones, it usually looks streaky by itself. This one’s no different.

• 8/25/11 23:20 Laurenlove6:

I purchased Blackila in the lipstick and gloss.The lip stick is sheer but it is buildable. I have a large makeup collection and really only bought it because I do not have a black lip stick in my collection. I plan on playing around with it on the eye lid for a glossy black eye. It looks pretty good on the lip built up to a full on black with the matching gloss over it. Great for halloween obvioulsy.

• 8/30/11 9:59 rachel:

i bought two of the glosses blackula and blood red. Blackula is awful, blood red is amazing. I have fair skin and it is the perfect amount of color for everyday, it is not at all costumey!

• 10/4/11 18:52 Ophelia:

I got the Blacula lipstick and lipgloss, the lipgloss looks terrible on its own but nice over the lipstick. The lipstick is quite good, it only needed a few touchups the whole day. Its obviously intended for Halloween but I plan to continue wearing this for regular days. I may have scared a few little kids though…