Soap & Glory Available at Sephora.com But It Comes At A Higher Cost!

Soap Glory

Soap & Glory has launched at Sephora.com officially!

Of course, I immediately had to do a little price comparing because I was curious what the retail would look like during this big move to their new retailer.

Here are my thoughts, you might not be so surprised…!

Ummm….

Some products look expensive and others look like they stayed the same.

Here’s a break down of what I was looking at.

Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Eye Cream which hasn’t hit US shores (until now) and is fairly new on the UK is available at Boots for the typical BOGO offer (Buy Two, Get 1 Free) and costs £11 which is around $18 and change USD. At Sephora, it’s $30.

Soap & Glory Hand Food Hand Cream is $5 to $10 which is about retail when it was available at Target.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Cream was $10 at Target and on Sephora it’s $18 for a 10 oz or $5 for 1.7 oz.

Soap & Glory Mist You Madly was $11.99 at Target and now has an $18 price tag.

Overall, we are looking at least a $6-$10 price increase compared to the retail cost at Target when they carried the brand. Soap & Glory still proves cheaper to purchase in the UK by $2-$8 less than retail at Sephora not counting sales that Boots has on the line.

Our fears of Soap & Glory being available at Sephora with a more expensive price tag confirmed. This is a great marketing for the brand though as those who never knew about the cheaper prices will happily indulge at Sephora as the brands packaging, great promises, and overall fun products are an excellent hook to lure in new fans….however, the price increase will alienate older fans like myself.

I’m happy I have some place to get the brand as I love it with all my heart of course and I’ll indulge and still buy products from Soap & Glory but I don’t have to like the price increase.

Thoughts?

Share ‘em!

• 8/17/11 11:23 Karyn:

I’ve been really interested in this brand from your reviews but if it’s cheaper from the UK then I’ll just get my brother-in-law to pick them up for me on his work trips since he’s there frequently.

I understand the price increase but jeeeeeeeez. At least I can indulge in the hand cream and get a quick fix.

• 8/17/11 11:25 Freddie:

I think that’s a load of BS. :| But it’s Sephora, of course~ they’re going to jack up prices.

• 8/17/11 12:11 melissa:

Booo! I was waiting to stock up on Soap & Glory’s Scrub Your Nose in It.; it was $12 at Target. Not going to pay more than that even though I love Sephora. For shame, Sephora!

• 8/17/11 12:12 the Muse:

melissa curious minds how much it’ll be at sephora!

• 8/17/11 12:20 melissa:

true, i only see one scrub. wonder if they’ll even bring it back here :C

• 8/17/11 12:55 the Muse:

more stuff is coming Melissa ;-D

• 8/17/11 13:27 Deb:

Sephora strikes again. I loved this stuff when it was at Target…but I won’t be showing Sephora any love on this brand. A small price hike would have been more acceptable in this economy. Sephora…..shove it!

• 8/17/11 13:27 Regina:

I’ve heard so many raves that I’m gonna try it anyway despite the increased price. Sounds like their products are worth it, right Muse??

• 8/17/11 13:39 the Muse:

right regina ;-D look through my past archives chica I have ALOT of reviews ;-D!

• 8/17/11 15:25 Nadia Nicole:

They sell it at shoppers drug mart in canada for low price!! … MAKE THE TRIP HERE ! haha

• 8/17/11 15:36 the Muse:

ha nadia ;-D def a good idea. ROAD TRIP!

• 8/17/11 16:11 Mary the Muse Militant:

Well that makes a change !
    Usually makeup in England is dearer than the American prices.
    For instance Mac eyeshadows here are £11.50 but only $15 in America.
    We don’t like Mac doing that hiking.
    Shame Sephora are doing it on Soap & Glory.
    Remember thos Ty beanie babies?
    They were $5 in America but we had to pay £5 for them.

• 8/19/11 9:35 the Muse:

oh gosh yes I remember beanie babies hahhaa….! import costs, etc…will def keep the pricing high but I’m really saddened anyway Mary :(

• 8/17/11 16:27 CK:

yeah… def will not be indulging!

• 8/17/11 19:34 Elena:

Soap & Glory is available on Asos. Their range is not so big, but they have the basics, they kept the good prices and they ship for free all around the world.

• 8/19/11 9:33 the Muse:

elena ASOS doesn’t ship S&G to the US sadly.

• 8/17/11 20:54 Krys:

Oh, Muse. I was hoping Sephora wouldn’t jack the prices up so much, but no dice. Since S&G isn’t available in Manila and the US is my best bet, I decided I’d go for products that are available locally instead. Way easier and less stress. Of course, if I ever go back to Singapore or visit the US, I will still pick up S&G stuff :)

• 8/19/11 9:30 the Muse:

kinda sad about it too krys le sigh!

• 8/17/11 22:13 Jess:

I live very close to Canada (Buffalo), and I can make a quick jaunt through customs to pick up Soap & Glory at pharmacy chain in the land of the Maple Leaf.

Looks to me like I will keep up with that– I think it’s ridiculous, the price increase. I stopped buying most UD products when they discontinued their 15 dollar lipsticks only to reintroduce them with some floofy package for 22 dollars. Unacceptable!

• 4/14/14 22:31 Kim:

What is the name of store ? please share …

• 8/17/11 23:39 Melissa:

I’m so sad that I have to pay $15 for the $10 mother pucker lip glosses. I will be hauling them soon because s&G items are some of my favorite things but the quality better be there for my hard earned dollar.

• 8/18/11 0:43 Ruthless:

And yes, I AM CRANKY. Why pay more for NO REASON. It’s like when Chanel bags went up in price… grrrrr

• 8/18/11 5:35 tee:

I am used with Singaporean or Indonesian jacked up prices anyway… Won’t be surprised with whooping increase on price if the brand is from different continent! Heh…

• 10/27/11 16:28 alli:

I was wondering why it disappeared from Target’s shelves. How disappointing. Don’t get me wrong, I love Sephora, but I loved the fact that there was a quality product at VERY reasonable prices at Target. Oh well. The pursuit of the almighty dollar wins again.

• 4/14/14 22:29 Kim:

True Soap & Glory products were less expensive than the current cost at Sephora. Plus they don’t carry the full line of Soap & Glory products. I wish S& G would bring back Wash Almighty gel body wash- this product as supreme & cleaned so thoroughly. I have never found another product that worked as well. Oh Target, why did you discontinue this product line ??