UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact

UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact

As a geek you probably have two ambitions in life when you grow up (even when you’re already grown up you still strive for these goals)….

You either wanna be a ninja or you wanna be a pirate, as a geek these career choices are built into your genetic makeup.

Sometimes, on rare occasions, you wanna be both.

I personally strive to be the best pirate I can be but you may be a ninja and that’s entirely cool. As a ninja you do need certain makeup gear such as the UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact.

Ninjas need Ninja Star Compacts, that’s a given.

Jump!

UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact is a dual finished baked powder that contains moisturizing and anti-aging properties. This formula gives skin a naturally radiant look with a creamy, silky textured formula that comes from the bead-shaped and surface-treated formulation of the powder.

UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact 2011

Anti-aging benefits from brown algae extract, tocotrienol, and oligo-peptides keep skin smooth.

Plus did I mention the cool ninja design?

UltraFlesh Ninja Star Compact 20111

Yup, essential for the geeky ninjas.

Now how about a pirate one…….

Are you a ninja or a pirate?

Available now at Sephora and Sephora.com

• 8/25/11 10:40 chibicheeks:

I just saw this on Sephora the other day! Ohhh that ninja star is totally sucking me in… must have!

• 8/25/11 10:46 the Muse:

me too chib…LOVE!

• 8/25/11 10:55 Courtney:

Depending on the size of that ninja star I wonder if you could put it on a long chain and wear it as a necklace? I havent yet decided if that would look incredibly tacky or incredibly chic. Either way though, go ninja!

• 8/25/11 12:51 Eve:

I wanna be a robot…
    But really more makeup needs to be named after weapons! I’d so be all over that! (I know UD has some already…)

• 8/25/11 13:07 the Muse:

that’s a new one eve ;-D!

• 8/25/11 14:15 Musebeliever:

I’m a NINJA !!! *o*

• 8/25/11 14:27 the Muse:

you NEED this than muse!

• 8/25/11 17:03 BooBooNinja:

You knew I would have to write in on this one!
    And guess what?!

Today is the best day ever
    because
    drum roll please…

I got the MAC 226 Brush!
    Wahoooo!
    I must share my joy with all of you!

It is THE BEST brush ever.
    It does the crease work for you!

So expensive. More expensive than any Makeup item I have ever purchased.
    But.

It is MINE.

• 8/25/11 17:03 BooBooNinja:

*small voice*
    thanks for listening to me, everyone.

• 8/25/11 20:44 electronicfly:

Am I the only one who thought dirty when seeing the brand for the first time?

• 8/25/11 21:27 Melissa:

so my darling soon to be 6 year old nephew is the spawn of my uber geek brother and his darling artist wife. He is having a mad scientist birthday party and plans for Halloween include being a ninja and he has a hermit crab named booty and a pirates treasure map hanging on his wall. I think this child is destined to be an uber geek. The baby coming soon his little sister shall be dubbed geek-ette no doubt. Anyhow I haven’t tried this line yet but the reviews on the other items are pretty darn good so maybe I need this one.

• 8/26/11 10:45 the Muse:

aww melissa too cute!

• 8/25/11 23:02 M:

I wanted to be a ninja soooo bad when I was a kid. And no, it wasn’t bec of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

It was bec of…. wait for it….. Michael Dudikoff’s American Ninja! LOL. CHEESAAAAY! But I really liked watching them ninjas do their thing. I will get this compact JUST for the shuriken alone!

• 8/26/11 14:02 the Muse:

LOL M now that’s a great confession ;D!

• 8/29/11 13:35 Diana:

Super cute! Do you know if the ninja star is metal or plastic? I love their makeup!

• 8/29/11 13:36 the Muse:

I imagine some sort of plastic diana but haven’t caught a glance in person yet could be metal? ;D

• 12/13/11 12:49 Ro:

Got my hands on a compact and the construction is very nice and clever. The star is actually gold plated metal, and the compact lid is magnetized to affix the star. The compact itself is very nice and sturdy, and there is a hinged lid that protects the very nice sueded applicator square from the powder. I have only just tested the powder today, but my initial impression is that it is very creamy and finely milled, provides great coverage, and the color is not oxidizing so far. The only thing I find truly irritating is that it is hard to tell the color in the compact, and the names and color stickers are not very good indicators, but if you are lucky enough to get the right shade, this is a really nice product! For the record I was coded a MAC NC35 in the summer with a tan, so I’m guessing I’m about a NC30 in winter, and I got the shade Incandescent, and it seems to be a good match.

FYI – I have spotted these on some of those flash sale websites and in some discount stores near me, so if you are lucky you may be able to snag one for far less than the hefty $38 price tag I’ve seen it sell for on Sephora.