Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Collection

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm 002

Here are a few quickie photos of the two Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Displays I came across at my Harmons.

Word on the street is these aren’t so fab…

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm 003

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm 001

Quite of a few of you commented in prior post to say these aren’t so fab. I picked up a few anyway to review and swatch as they weren’t too expensive at $2.99.

These are supposed offer a hydrating finish that promises 8 hours of moisture with an SPF 20 plus it also promises to repair lips within four weeks of use so they are softer and smoother.

They are available in six flavors/tints:

• Quenched (clear)
  • Peppermint (clear)
  • Cherry Me (tinted)
  • Pink Punch (tinted)
  • Grape Vine (tinted)
  • Peach Kiss (tinted)

Both my Harmons and CVS had two displays. One was attached and hanging off the side of the Maybelline normal collection display and the second was a small box sitting with the new makeup collection. This box contained the glosses in shrink wrap versus the full packaging display attached to the side of the normal Maybelline range so if you’re looking for them at your local drugstore, check in both locations.

• 9/26/11 22:44 Fadburger:

I have 4 of these and I love them! People complain that they don’t sink into your lips, but duh that’s how they help for a long time! Also they are (mostly) tinted, I don’t want them to fade! I think they are dry enough but also provide enough slip to still feel balmy. I love the color I get from the tinted ones I have (Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Grape Vine). I use Quenched at night. They aren’t AMAZING but they are good, and very affordable opaque tinted lip balms.

• 9/27/11 12:06 Stacey:

I agree!!! I bought them all and I am enjoying them! Very affordable and good for use under glosses!

• 9/26/11 22:45 Fadburger:

Well I shouldn’t say opaque, more like highly pigmented.

• 9/26/11 23:00 SJ:

Gah! I live in Australia, they sent one to me free for some reason. I gave it a good chance, used it for ages… It did that thing where your lips gets all sticky and peeling from the inside out. (does anyone else get that or is it just me?) so yeah. I thought it was rubbish, but a lot of people I know really seem to like them…
    But then I do have extremely fussy lips :\ if only $3 lipbalm was enough these days.

• 9/26/11 23:03 SJ:

it really does just sit on your lips and make them all tacky… Not to mention the scent. But again, my lips don’t behave!

• 9/26/11 23:07 S:

I commented in your previous post that I wasn’t crazy about the cherry, pink or peach ones. I returned them all & tried once more w/the Quenched (clear) one and SCORE!! I really like it!! Its got a lemony scent to it, & a nice shine. I put it on before bed & I wake up w/nicely moisturized lips :) I’m glad I gave it one more shot.

• 9/26/11 23:53 the Muse:

Happy to hear it S!!!!!!!!! ;-D at least one worked!

• 9/26/11 23:56 Fadburger:

Yeah, I noticed that they all seem to have different consitancies…

• 9/26/11 23:38 Cali:

Pass on these for me. I much MUCH prefer the Hard Candy World Balmination.

• 9/26/11 23:56 Fadburger:

Those look nice but I just wish they’d retract all the way :(

• 9/30/11 22:20 Cali:

Yeah, that’s my least favorite thing about them.

• 10/4/11 12:38 Tammie:

It’s too bad, that would drive me crazy…I would have definitely bought a few otherwise! I am just such a klutz and I often apply my balm in the car so I am worried I will destroy the exposed balm :(

• 9/27/11 0:36 mon:

My CVS is charging $4.19 for these. :(

• 9/27/11 1:08 BooBooNinja:

The packaging is so goofy-looking.

And not in a fun-loving sort of way. But in a dumb sort of way.
    I hope this doesn’t come across as mean and harsh.
    I’m articulating my gut response.

• 9/27/11 9:06 kiwikiwidragon:

Not much of a draw for me right now. The packaging kinda reminded me of Bonne Bell cosmetics or the new Geogirl, which is available from drugstore.com if you don’t want to go to wally world for pick-up.

• 9/27/11 9:21 sara:

They’re meh, might as well buy chapstick…..I’ll stick with my Fresh lip balm.

• 9/27/11 11:40 Tina:

Yeah, CVS is way overcharging! I saw 4.99 at mine.

• 9/27/11 12:18 S:

They are $3.79 at the local Rite-Aid (upstate NY).

• 2/13/12 17:28 m:

I got 3 of them for a $1 bc they have a sale at walmart for $2.97 and I got a $2 coupon

• 9/27/11 15:08 Perilla:

I think Harmon is just a discount place, haha

• 9/27/11 15:19 the Muse:

harmons is own by bed, bath and beyond Perilla, basically a drugstore…..

• 9/27/11 14:46 Swimsalot:

I know they are scented but do they have a tasted?? I hate flavored lip balm or gloss

• 9/27/11 15:21 Tammie:

They don’t have a taste really, I don’t like that either.

• 9/27/11 18:59 Swimsalot:

Thanks Tammie. I’ll look for them when I’m out and about.

• 9/27/11 19:54 TokyoChel:

I have one in Pink Punch, and tho I’ve only used it a few times so far, I really like the color and feel of it. My lips feel soft and moisturized for hours and even after the “gloss” wears off, there’s some color and smoothness left behind. I want to try the peach shade next.

• 12/13/13 12:10 Kimmy:

I have tried both of the clear ones and pink punch, I love them too I have a coupon and I’m going to try peach kiss today I can’t wait ill let you know how I like it. I’m sure I will love it.

• 12/13/13 12:19 Kimmy:

And the peach one is called peach kiss just had to figure that out because I’m at work right now and my sister is picking one up for me today <3

• 9/28/11 19:07 Ashley:

I heard these were a great hit in Asia & Australia.
    The packaging is a bit kiddish for me though.

• 3/14/12 6:22 sandy:

tried it in pick punch and love it so far!

• 10/13/12 16:56 Shaynan:

We dont get them in the UK *sigh* :( wish we did..

• 1/26/13 21:37 paola:

well are all though the baby lips ther is i just need 4 more but i am going to get them but were we are we get 2 for 5.69 and it is ok becauase there is 2

• 12/13/13 12:15 Kimmy:

I get mine at king Soopers they only cost about $2.50 a piece but I have a coupon for buy two for $2.00 so keep your eyes opened for those coupons they are great! And most chopsticks cost $2.00 plus anyways. Baby lips is my favorite Chapstick/lipstick I think they are a great deal and they last a long time, totally worth the price!