E.L.F. Cosmetics 24K Holiday 2011 Collection

E.L.F. Holiday 2011

Mmm E.L.F. has spiced up their offerings for Holiday 2011. You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig….so I’m not sure how everyone will feel about E.L.F.’s venture into the world of creating a gold lame packaging for their Holiday Collection but props for trying to spice things up in the beauty budget world.

Take a look, you tell me what you think!

E.L.F. 24K 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette $14

• 15 Eyeshadow Shades
  • 2 Dual-ended Applicators
  • Built-in Mirror

E.L.F. Cosmetics 24K Holiday 2011 Collection 014

E.L.F. Cosmetics 24K Holiday 2011 Collection 015

E.L.F. Cosmetics 24K Holiday 2011 Collection 007

Well, I admit, they did a fine job with the packaging. It’s hard to do gold without looking cheesy and cheap but this does have a certain elegance to it. However, the pricing threw me as essentially the items are almost all available already in a different format or have been before for far less than these prices. For example, I don’t think I’m willing to shell out $24 for their 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette, wasn’t that $10-$15 or less before? I can add a few dollars to that $24 and get a higher quality brand’s palette that I know will have good quality shadows in the mix.

It’s tempting and they’d make nice gifts for a budding makeup junkie but not sure I need them.

Thoughts?

Share ‘em!

Shop the E.L.F. Cosmetics 24K Holiday 2011 Collection at www.eyeslipsface.com

• 10/31/11 20:29 Sara:

I would like to see elf come out with a blush pallett!

• 11/1/11 13:01 Kelly:

That would be awesome! I really like the ELF blushes

• 10/31/11 22:31 TokyoChel:

Hmm…some of the prices are a little confusing. Like why does it cost the same ($14) for a 15 pan eyeshadow palette as for the 32? And for $4 more, I can have that whole huge set with glosses, blushes, etc.
    Either way, I have to say I was super impressed with the last 32 pan palette I got from them. It was cheaper than these ones and the colors are very pigmented and blendable. I know all too well how hit or miss their quality is, so I was pleasantly surprised!

• 11/1/11 11:45 the Muse:

kinda pissy about the price jack chel but yes some of the bigger palettes aren’t TOO bad

• 11/1/11 0:01 Quinctia:

I really am liking the design on that first palette (the “clutch”). Even if they’d released that one before, if you didn’t have it already, that packaging might be worth a couple of bucks.

I have never tried ELF, my local Target doesn’t seem to get anything of theirs in now (though they recently added back in a 4-foot general display in the regular aisle). However, I am very attracted to the words “glitter gloss” and may hunt those down if I can catch a favorable review of them somewhere.

• 11/1/11 0:26 CK:

:/ you’re right, muse-y
    i do like the packaging, but not so much as to want to pay double the price…

• 11/1/11 10:53 the Muse:

*nods* *sob*

• 11/1/11 22:13 CK:

MUSE, MUSE!!
        E.L.F. is having 40% off their holiday sets with the code GIFTFAVES. I guess we can indulge afterall >:D

• 11/2/11 9:44 the Muse:

yay ;-D I got that email today wahooo! ;-D

• 11/1/11 1:21 Cait:

Whoa…the packaging is nice but the pricing is NOT ok! I’m all for E.L.F. if i can get stuff for $1-$3, but for that kind of money I could practically go to Sephora! haha

• 11/1/11 10:53 the Muse:

lol exactly!

• 11/1/11 1:23 Lyn:

Just wondering your thoughts on the quality of ELF products? How’s the color payoff? Was wondering if you could ever do a post on good budget makeup lines/best values? Thanks for the info on storage, that was very helpful. :)

• 11/1/11 11:40 Ruth:

“You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig” – except when it’s Miss Piggy, she is so fantastic!

with make-up and a lot of other things, you get what you pay for. I’ve tried a couple of their products because of the budget friendly price, but the quality isn’t there in the items that I’ve tried.

• 11/1/11 11:41 the Muse:

agreed ruth :) most are a miss but on occasion they actually do one or two GOOD items :)!

• 11/1/11 21:56 Lily:

I dont get the price, look at the ingredients..Mineral oil…that is the standard stuff they put in generic cheapy eye shadows. :\

• 11/3/11 16:00 theRothstanator:

BARF

• 11/5/11 22:55 sam:

Gotta see swatches first before making any decision

• 11/23/11 23:50 Cristy:

I love elf, i been a faithful customer for many years, i love their budget friendly prices and that they don’t test on animals. although i have to agree they have a couple of miss i do love their products..