Etsy Musings: The Bathing Garden

the Bathing Garden 002

I want the near two hours of my life back after following Apple’s Iphone Keynote. Ugh now I have to debate with myself deciding whether I really want a 4S or if I want to wait for them to spring 5 on us.

This is not cool Apple, not cool at all.

How about you fine folk? Iphone 4S? or waiting on Iphone 5?

Well now that I wasted two hours I best get back to beauty…actually not really beauty but tarts! The weather is starting to cool off here which means I’m busy hauling out my tarts. I notice that I never burn tarts in the Summer but I’m all about them in the Fall and Winter, how about you?

My favorite part about tart Season is finding new and exciting online shops to purchase them from. I recently discovered My Bathing Garden on Etsy and Imma like her tarts.

Jump!

I was attracted to My Bathing Garden because of her cute tart presentation. I know, I know..it doesn’t matter how cute they are since we are going to burn them anyway but still, I’m a girl, I dig cool packaging and presentation.

These tarts are done in the six piece breakaway clam shells with each featuring glitter bits and bobs plus cute little wax embeds! I think the embeds sold me…for example her Toffee Candy Apple Wax Tart has a cute little candy apple embed awww…

the Bathing Garden 006

the Bathing Garden 005

the Bathing Garden 004

the Bathing Garden 003

the Bathing Garden 001

Cute packaging aside her tarts are rather good. Nice throw and good, strong scent through the entire burn!

Best part?

Her Pink Candy Queen Tart smells like Lush Candy Fluff/Snow Fairy!

Her breakaways are $3.50 but she also sells them in value sets of 5 or more.

Quite a nice little Etsy Shop for lovely smellies, will def buy from again.

Get ‘em at The Bathing Garden on Etsy.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this seller. I purchased the tarts featured here and decided to post about them because I like them. The owner of The Bathing Garden doesn’t even know about this post.

Disclosure:

This product was purchased by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 10/4/11 15:13 Karyn:

I’m always afraid to burn candles/tarts with glitter or bits on them, wouldn’t they catch fire and POOF?

Re: Apple. I’m the owner of a 3GS and I’m waiting till next year for the 5. The spec bump on the 4S is nice, but I already have an inbetweenie phone that works pretty darn well.

• 10/4/11 15:15 the Muse:

never had a problem with the glitter, the embeds are wax so they melt :)

apple: debating still…I know 5 will prob be out feb…but I’m having hard time saying no!

• 10/4/11 15:20 kiwikiwidragon:

DH constantly runs out of room on his current 4, upgrading to it will keep his whining at bay considering i just dropped 140 at sephora @@, omg….LOL!!! If the five comes out in February, I do wonder if he will be able to wait….MEN!!

• 10/4/11 15:24 the Muse:

it’s actually reasonable for the upgrade…$299 at 32gb and $399 on the 64gb…! I kinda think that’s a fair price. I DO wonder if they’ll pop 5 at us during macworld

• 10/4/11 15:50 kiwikiwidragon:

Oi, don’t tell him that, lol!

• 10/4/11 15:54 the Muse:

lol!

• 10/4/11 15:35 rachel:

my poor blackberry is hanging on for its dear life. I kept putting off getting a new phone for the 5 but I think I’m going to have to go with the 4s since I really can’t wait any longer, plus I’ve had an upgrade sitting in my account for nearly a year and a half! silly Apple

• 10/6/11 11:43 the Muse:

rachel I think you’ll be happy with it…I’m going to dive in and get it *shrug* if 5 I’ll see about selling 4s LOL

• 10/4/11 15:42 Lily:

I’m passing on the iphone 4s. Have an iphone 4 and there’s not any hardware difference so I’m good. Although I am excited for iOS5 which finally has zoom for the camera, among other things

• 10/4/11 15:50 the Muse:

4 here too lily but still tempted by 4s ;-D

• 10/4/11 16:01 Tammie:

Your iPhone 4 already has zoom on the camera~.

• 10/4/11 15:58 Cj:

I have an iPhone 4 now, and while I am disappointed we didn’t get a completely new product (WHERE IZ MAI BIGGER SCREEN?!) I’m still definitely going to get the 4s. No real reason not to, I’ll end up selling my 4 on craigslist for 300 so I’ll have enough for the 4s and some nice accessories :D

• 10/4/11 15:59 the Muse:

same here cj….I thought I’d e-bay it…! I want a bigger screen too sad sigh!

• 10/4/11 16:02 Cj:

Hopefully we’ll get it next year. If you want you can try the whole eBay instant sale thing. They’re giving 315$ for 16gb ones.

• 10/6/11 10:52 the Muse:

i predict feb or june! damn that’s not bad at all!

• 10/4/11 16:02 Nora:

I currently have a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S the first version) and I gotta say…I at first thought the screen was freakishly large, but I’m absolutely used to it and in love with it now. A bigger screen just…makes life easier.

• 10/4/11 16:00 Tammie:

I say wait for the iPhone 5 since you have 4 already!

• 10/6/11 11:42 the Muse:

I can’t….it’s hard to say noooo!

• 10/4/11 16:01 Tammie:

I’ve never heard of a Tart…how do you burn it?

• 10/4/11 16:02 the Muse:

REALLY? omg you’re missing out. You get a tart burner, pop one in, light a votive and as it melts it scents the air ;-D tart warmer example: http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/img/products/EMP500_1.jpg

• 10/4/11 16:06 Tammie:

Ahh, I get it now :). It’s kind of like candle fondue! Sounds interesting! Is there any electronic tart burners? I ask because I have a dog and a 2 year old so I don’t like to have candles around (not that an electric one is safe from burns, but at least it won’t start a fire).

• 10/4/11 16:15 the Muse:

exactly dear! and yes! sure ;-D they are still dangerous as the wax can burn when it is melted should it tip over :-/ but yes def no fires to worry about!

• 10/4/11 16:53 Tammie:

I’ll look into it, I’m so new at scents (and it’s all your fault with your B&BW posts lol…just got tons of soaps and 2 wallflowers). Also it saves a bit of money not to have to buy tea candles with the electric one~

• 10/4/11 16:53 the Muse:

tarts are addicting girl! You’re going to LOVE them! Yankee Candle is a good place to start ;-D ha I proudly feel like I’ve converted you!

• 10/4/11 16:25 Ashley:

Skipping 4S because I have the 4 and the differences aren’t major enough to warrant an upgrade. Bf will get the 4S but once the 5 comes out, I’ll be getting it to make him jealous HA!

On topic – I used to love using tarts but fragrance oils are so much easier to use and store. I used to think they were candles without a wick.. it really made no sense!

• 10/6/11 10:50 the Muse:

lol ashley ;-D evil ;-D!

fragrance oils def are easy to store, couldn’t agree more but I love me some tarts in the winter!

• 10/4/11 19:42 Eve:

Mmm Bubbling Butter Brew, like Butterbeer?

• 10/4/11 20:53 bubbles:

I love tarts :) thanks for introducing this shop to us !!!

• 10/5/11 15:26 the Muse:

my pleasure bubbles ;D!

• 10/4/11 21:18 Jess:

I just got an iPhone 4 and from what I’ve been told, the upgrades in the 4s and the 5 are so minimal, you could get away with keeping a 4 for awhile. And as with most Apple products, its best to not get one right at launch cause of the bugs.

• 10/5/11 0:44 Tanya:

I haven’t tried her tarts yet but her scrubs & soaps are really good, definitely some of my favorite etailer stuff.

• 10/5/11 14:03 the Muse:

tanya haven’t tried her B&B goodies but that’s next ;D

• 10/5/11 12:13 Nicole R.:

I just placed an order and let Shannon know that I heard about her shop form your blog! She’s such a sweetheart! I can’t wait for my goodies to come! Thanks Muse!

• 10/5/11 12:15 the Muse:

that’s fab nicole :) thanks for the shout out. update me, curious what you think of her tarts!!!!!!!! ;-D I likey so far. I got a five back..or wait maybe it was a seven pack…and I love ‘em ;D

• 10/5/11 15:36 Ruthless:

I have the 4 so I can wait for the 5. My friends all have the 3 so I think they’ll probably upgrade

• 10/5/11 16:01 the Muse:

i have 4 too but way tempted regardless ;D

• 10/7/11 20:23 Shari:

I’ve ordered a bunch after reading this. Can’t wait to try them out; they sound fabulous!