Laura Mercier Rose Rendevous Face Illuminator

Laura Mercier Rose Rendevous Face Illuminator

I have a hard time saying no to two things in my makeup life, concealers and pretty powders.

Laura Mercier why you do this to me?

I need your Rose Rendevous Face Illuminator, it’s so pretty I cried a little in delight!

This one has a soft rose gold shimmer but I’m actually hopeful the shimmer will be an overlay and perhaps there’s a rosy glowing powder underneath I can use as a blusher!

Delicious isn’t it?

Available at Laura Mercier counters for $42.

• 10/20/11 19:35 Tracy:

I WANT THIS. YUP. :)

• 10/20/11 19:47 Sara:

PRETTY!!! I have a hard time saying “no” to pretty things too. Damnit. :p

• 10/20/11 20:06 Brandi G.:

I need this in my life but I can’t find it at any of my local stores. I need some swatches first. Hehe

• 10/21/11 1:19 carol:

Got it with the Sephora FF 20% off. :-)

• 10/21/11 1:39 divinem (Melissa):

*gasps*

Want!

• 10/21/11 4:26 Quinctia:

It’s pretty, but I don’t really “get” highlighter. Not that this stops me from coveting Meteorites for some reason…

• 10/21/11 12:30 Christina:

Hi Muse,

The shimmer isn’t an overlay. I’d say it’s more an intense sheen than a shimmer; it can be too much if you’re not careful. It also sports a rather creamy and soft feel. Also, because I’m fair (think NC 10/15), it ended up looking somewhat like a bronzer on me with just a hint of rosiness. I don’t look good in bronzers, but I looked nice with this on. It’s definitely not sheer. I think it looked better on my eyelids than it did on my cheeks; it caught the light like none other–I had glowy eyelids! In terms of colour, it’s not quite rose gold on me; it’s more like a really really soft light amber with maybe just a touch of rose.

The floral etching doesn’t go very deep, though. It’ll last a while because of the depth, but a few swipes will smooth it out.

Hope that helps!

• 10/21/11 12:35 the Muse:

hiya christina phew that helped alot girl! I’ll probably skip after reading your mini review as I def can’t wear too much shimmer/glow-y bronzer on my face without looking goofy! ;-D

Thankssssss!

• 10/21/11 13:44 Susan Lewis:

Christina, I’m wondering how it compares to the Estee Lauder new Illuminating Powder Gelee (snakeskin texture). I love that product because it’s not too much for fair skin. Do you happen to have that product as well to compare with?

• 10/21/11 14:47 Harshleen:

Gorgeous!

• 10/21/11 15:02 katrosado:

Wow that is beautiful! I’m a sucker for illuminators. I also have the EL gelee and it’s amazing. I probably will pick this one up.