Essie Luxeffects for Holiday 2011

Essie Luxeffects for Holiday 2011

Happy Holidays nail girls!

Essie introduced their new Luxeffects for Holiday 2011 to make your nails all sparkly and festive.

These dazzling, multi-dimensional top coats give nails a brilliant, sparkling finish to your nails or wear them alone for a natural nail look with a bit of sparkle!

The genius behind Luxeffects is that it lays evenly over nail color and features 4 to 5 different sized flakes or pearl shapes which offers depth and dimension for a stunning effect.

Shades Available:

• As Gold As It Gets (glided lame sparkles)
  • Shine of the Times (scintillating opalescence)
  • A Cut Above (shattered pink diamond glitz)
  • Pure Pearlfection (decadent iridescence)
  • Set in Stones (disco mirror ball chaos)

The Essie Luxeffects Collection will be available December 2011.

• 11/7/11 14:45 sammie:

I’m disappointed because I love Essie for their fabulous cream finishes! But these do look pretty for those who love impossible-to-remove glitter polishes. Now I know how you feel about ALL nail polish releases, Muse! (This looks like it could be someone’s cup of tea, but definitely not mine.) Certainly are pretty to look at though!

• 11/7/11 15:02 Tammie:

Yeah I’m not especially excited about this collection, but I’ll probably end up with a couple of these just because I like having layering options around (eg. if I get tired of a creme mani and want to spice it up a bit instead of do a new one).

• 11/7/11 22:46 Quincria:

Haha, and I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum, I don’t own any Essie because most of their polishes don’t appeal to me (because of the high amount of creams), but this collection almost guarantees I’m going to buy something by Essie finally!

(I say almost because I won’t go for the gold, and I’ll have to look at the others in person to know if I already have a dupe.)

• 11/7/11 16:06 Regina:

I love topping my creme polishes with shimmers and glitters!! These look excellent

• 11/7/11 17:32 Jackers:

I usually don’t like glitters, but these look so amazing!

• 11/7/11 19:39 Coquette in Paris:

I don’t like glitters at all, and yet, the magpie in me really wants most of these shades…

• 11/8/11 5:34 Kelly:

I love those glitters! They look so glamorous, I just hat it when I have to take glitter nail polish off.

• 11/9/11 11:26 Bonnie:

WANT! Can’t get enough glitter and shimmer come holiday-time. :)

• 11/20/11 13:23 meme:

I am with you – hate glitter removal as much as I hate the rough finish. But the pearl effect might be fun to try, and we all love flake I think (though most of us have an opalescent one in some form or another. One site described the gold as very fine gold glitter – just saying that it does not look fine enough to escape the hard removal to me. I do like the ombre look with an extra edge of glitter, trickling back to bleed out just short of mid nail, and it helps with tip wear. Still that takes tons of rubbing/scrubbin’ to get it off & I tire of glitter fingers & toes super fast (before it’s time to change generally). I read where these were going to be added to the classic drugstore wall and are not exclusive holiday – they released them not for Dec holiday but specifically for NYE. That latter sounds right, the former, not so sure as I only read it on one site.

• 12/17/11 11:35 Teresa:

In love with how this looks, but can’t figure out how to remove it…

• 1/6/12 13:41 Darlene:

I had to soak my nails in polish remover and use a twisting motion with the cotton ball. It finally (slowly) came off.