FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Kindle Fire

Remember that old B&B eppy with Beavis saying Fire! Fire! Fire! over and over again? That would be me today when my Kindle Fire came in the mail.

Did you order one?

I really don’t need another gadget in my life as I have an iPad, Nook, and Gen 2 Kindle but I couldn’t resist.

I will say I’m disappointed that they didn’t include a USB cord or even a screen cloth sheesh and it weights a little more than I expected but hey, it’s pretty slick otherwise!

• 11/15/11 19:25 Comrade Garlic:

I’m using you as an example for the OG (boyfriend). See I only have a Nook and a Nook Color, he finds that excessive. He also finds my 4 iPod’s excessive, but I gave him one so he’s happy. I might add I don’t read that much.

• 11/16/11 16:52 the Muse:

ha what would he think of me? ;-D don’t bother with fire btw it’s turning into rubbish! stick with your NC, I am! ;-D I’m having a hard time deciding if I wanna keep it or not.

• 11/16/11 10:37 Cj:

Ahh Muse! Your making me look bad lol all I got is an iPhone :(! How are you liking the fire so far??

• 11/16/11 10:49 the Muse:

don’t worry you are missing much! I feel like returning the damn thing. I used it last night and it’s rubbish. The carousel feature is always front page and basically keeps track of everything you’ve read/opened/view so if a friend/fam wants to see it they can basically see exactly what you’ve been doing ditto if you’re sitting next to a stranger on the subway…I like some level of privacy, don’t want my business front page on a device. plus the OS is laggy…they have a virtual home button so if you’re reading a book and want to return to the homepage it takes a second to get the stupid button to appear when you click the screen.

I should have known, android OS just sucks. I’m just shocked that Amazon let this one go since they really have done an outstanding job with their prior generations of the device.

I also think the Amazon Prime unlimited movie streaming deal is AMAZING however it sucks you need to have WIFI to use it. They should have some sort of data plan so you can take advantage of it on the road. If you’re in a car or a plane or a location sans WIFI you’re kinda screwed and won’t be taking advantage of the streaming action which is the point of having the steaming available b/c I seriously doubt I wanna take advantage of a little 7 inch screen and watching movies at home when I have a huge azz tv I can do that on ya know?

I’m actually very close to returning it. The Nook I purchased to replace my gen 2 kindle is fantastic but I like Amazon’s shopping site/recommendations better than Barnes and Noble crappy site which is why I purchased the Fire but I’m second guessing it now.

So yes, that’s my RANT LOL! ;-D

• 11/16/11 11:05 Cj:

Ouch lol BURN THE FIRE!! Lol, that’s really disappointing but I kinda knew it wasn’t going to be that good since it runs android :S You should totally get Apple’s digital av adapter, it’s amazing! Not only will it mirror with the 4s and ipad2, any apps that support video out will like play full screen (YouTube, Netflix, even videos in safari!) I use an app called air video, which lets me stream movies I download on my comp straight to the tv :D it’s awesome.

• 11/16/11 11:15 the Muse:

hey hey!

android blows so hard. surprisingly the nook runs rather smoothly though! This was just bad bad bad. I’m shocked, Amazon put alot of love and attention into prior Kindle releases so this did shock me. I have Apple TV so that’s why I didn’t bother getting the av adapter…it is tempting though! ;-D

• 11/16/11 11:21 Cj:

Oooh well that works too lol!

• 11/16/11 11:23 the Muse:

LOL, same concept ;-D you should get one, you can stream netflix, youtube, etc…plus you have access to apple store to for movies, new releases, etc…the only thing it’s missing imho is access to blockbuster’s craptastic service and amazon prime if they added amazon primer it would be off the hook!

• 11/16/11 12:35 Jolene:

I love my NookColor ;) Just saying !!!

• 11/16/11 12:41 the Muse:

me to jolene ;-D me too! It’s def my bff after this fiasco ;-D

• 11/16/11 13:57 jenn s.:

Oh, thank heavens for the return of Beavis and Butthead. I have missed them (and Cornholio!) so! It’s my guilty little pleasure, LOL!

• 11/16/11 14:01 the Muse:

lol I am cornhoilio! give me tp for my bunghole!

• 11/17/11 10:59 regina:

heey do a review when yours come in! i wanna know what you think. im getting mine today too ^^

• 11/17/11 11:10 the Muse:

hi regina read through comments ;- D I actually think I’m returning it sadly :-/ even rooted I simply can’t get on board with the carousel