Acne Woes? This Teen Inspires Flawlessness!

diamondsandhells14

I count myself lucky that outside of the occasional pimple I never had any severe acne issues. I rant about my dry skin and other skin woes but I realize how lucky I am I’m not struggling daily to conceal acne.

Cassandra Bankson, a 19 year old model and California native goes into battle with her acne daily and comes out of it flawlessly.

Take a look at her before images!

diamondsandheels14 11

If you suffer from acne you might want to subscribe to Cassandra’s youTube channel. She has some incredible tips, hints, and tricks for concealing many problems. After watching these videos I was absolutely floored at how incredibly flawless Cassandra looks. She’s also a mere 19 years old and does modeling work which is so inspiring!

Are you insecure about anything involving your skin?

My skin is flaky so I’m always worried about using powder less it look even worst. And man is it ever dull! icon sad

• 12/7/11 12:46 Courtney:

Wait, is the after picture makeup, or did she find something to cure her acne? If that is makeup I’m amazed at how good it looks!

• 12/7/11 12:55 the Muse:

no, it’s all foundation courtney :) watch the vid she shows how she does her makeup.

• 12/7/11 13:05 Cj:

We’re in the same boat Muse, I get maybe one or two pimples a month, if that. But my skin gets really dull looking. Thankfully I found some amazing products that make a huge difference in my skin, 2 of which are all thanks to you! :D night recharge and brightening activator from Perricone along with my new HG moisturizer, Boscia revitalizing black hydrating gel.

• 12/7/11 13:49 the Muse:

ditto le sigh! I hauled out ALL my Hadalabo collection for winter and this keeps my skin bright, moisturized and happy ;-D! Night recharge def helps too and the activator LOVE super ;D! Haven’t tried black hydrating gel but it’s been in my cart for the last two weeks so I foresee a haul!

• 12/7/11 14:18 Cj:

It’s AMAZING! One of my friends got it for me as a gift. It has this cool dispenser, you like push down on it and it comes out of the top, it feels so nice going on and makes my skin baby soft! It has glycolic acid and vitamin c so if you have any kinda marks it’ll help lighten them! :) Only real downside is it is kinda small, only an ounce.

They just came out with a matching cleanser too, but so far you can only get that from boscia’s website. I’m waiting for it to pop up on Sephora lol

• 12/7/11 20:27 Cait:

ooh try the black hydrating gel for sure! it’s not enough on it’s own to moisturize super dry, winter skin….but on top of a heavier moisturizer it’s wonderful for brightening up skin

• 12/8/11 10:16 the Muse:

brilliant! ;-D def need to buy!

• 12/7/11 13:39 Comrade Garlic:

This is really brave of her. This is something I don’t think I could have ever done when my acne was bad. She is very well spoken and talented. Courtney needs to go into teaching or social work. She would be great at it.

• 12/7/11 13:41 the Muse:

I agree! It takes alot of courage. She was on Good Morning America and she said she gets alot of hate and that’s just sad. How can anyone hate on someone who is so brave? putting all their flaws out there for the world to look at! it’s inspiring! She’s very mature for her age!

• 12/7/11 13:47 Nana:

I saw this yesterday =O
    But one has to wonder, yes she does have acne, but she has no bumps, I think thats why the makeup looks so good? If she had bumps in all those red spots, I don’t think it would have looked as flawless, but who knows X_X Still, very inspiring she would show something so personal, when even these youtube gurus with normal skin barely show their makeup free face =)

• 12/10/11 14:01 Ruthless:

She actually has quite a few bumps if you look closely, and her jawline is pretty bumpy. The primer she used really seemed to improve the surface of her skin

• 12/7/11 14:07 susan:

Her Youtube vid has had massive coverage in the UK thanks to being published in the Daily Mail. She is very brave and an extraordinary make-up artist – very mature for her age!

• 12/7/11 14:40 Kim:

Wow! I could’ve used her advice a few yrs ago when I had bad cystic acne. Luckily, my skin is now under control thanks to a combo of lactic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and sulphur. I think I will watch the vid later though so maybe I can get some tricks on covering up the occassional spots I do get now.

• 12/7/11 15:39 Tigress:

I saw her video earlier this year and I was so thrilled to see a beauty video that tackled an issue so many people suffer from. She sincerely wants to help other people like her and show them they are not alone. I don’t have acne that bad, but I’ve always been prone to breakouts and I have some acne scarring. I wish I could hug this girl, she rocks.

• 12/7/11 16:09 Linda:

uhhhhhhh that primer is wonderful but it breaks me out so bad. I wonder what it looks like up close. Looks amazing on the video.

• 12/7/11 16:49 Sarah:

I love this video she’s so sweet and informative.

• 12/7/11 16:53 Sara:

That was pretty crazy. I can’t help but wonder how much of her acne is caused, or exacerbated by, the makeup she wears. My skin is pretty clear most of the time (a bit of rosacea on my cheeks aside, which isn’t acne), but throw some silicones on it and it turns into a pimply red nightmare and huge, inflamed bumps of deep down clogged pores. I have a feeling the cosmetics and skin care most of us use causes more problems than we’d like to admit – or are able to determine.

Kudos to her for showing that flawless is anything but. Nobody has perfect skin and after seeing what she has to deal with, I’m damn happy that isn’t my daily routine!

• 12/8/11 10:19 the Muse:

mmm I don’t think it’s the makeup. seems she’s been struggling with as far back as when she was in the 3rd grade she was saying…

• 12/9/11 11:33 Sara:

Oh no, I don’t think *her* acne is caused by makeup. It’s pretty extensive. It was just a thought that crosses my mind whenever I see women with serious breakouts (that always fall short of this poor girl’s). Though I get a little “squicky” when she rubs her whole hands on her face. I was taught to never, ever rub and smear things across my facial skin. Always blend by patting and only use fingertips. Not just because hands are dirty, but to keep from pulling delicate facial skin.

I’m not used to seeing such serious back acne from anyone who isn’t using steroids. It’s crazy. Hopefully it’ll settle down as she gets older.

• 12/7/11 17:27 stef:

oh my goodness…i love her videos but i had no idea she was 19. she dresses, looks and acts like she’s 29 :(

• 12/8/11 10:18 the Muse:

hmm I didn’t think she looked or dressed 29. She does act mature though :-) which is rare as most teens aren’t as well spoken!

• 12/7/11 18:34 Katie:

Thank you so much for posting this video….I have terrible, horrible, no good, very bad scars from rosacea and adult CYSTIC acne – EEKKK!!! Funny thing is I had perfectly lovely skin growing up and as soon as I hit my mid-20’s things went wonky. I needed a slight change up in my foundation routine and hopefully this will help.

• 12/8/11 10:15 the Muse:

my pleasure katie I’m so glad it was helpful! I hope things get better for you! I know struggling with acne can be a PITA!

• 12/9/11 11:37 Sara:

Word. Me too. I never got acne in my teens, at most a blemish once a month or something….but mid-twenties? Ugh. I blame it on hormones. And also what appears to be genetically passed rosacea. I have to be a little more careful about what goes on my face, but even so that doesn’t change the red spots that show up under the skin. After some reading on rosacea it seems impossible to keep it from flaring up. Exercise, sun, spicy foods, basically living….all that stuff triggers it apparently. Ugh.

• 12/12/11 3:12 Katy:

You should try Ole Henrikson African Red Tea serum- I have rosacea (though it is not severe at all, just kinda there to the point that it is annoying and noticeable) that is also genetic and it has completely changed my skin. It not even solves the problem day to day, but for an experiment I went for a week without using the serum and my skin never got as red as it had before I started using it. I don’t know why it’s not as popular, it is a miracle worker! I used to never wear blush because my cheeks would be so naturally flushed and I have worn blush every single day for the past six months. I really recommend t!

• 12/12/11 11:08 Sara:

Me too! I was adamantly against blush up until this past year. Only because my face has lost most color, with the exception of the rosacea spots. And they’re kind of uneven, creating an overall “speckly” look to my cheeks. So I started wearing it in an attempt to even things out. Peaches with golden sheens work pretty well. Though they need a light hand or else they’re too noticeable.

I’ll check out the serum, thanks for the heads up. :)

• 12/7/11 18:42 Josh :D:

Cassandra is an amazing person — we both attended the Clear Forum in Chicago with Retin-A Micro and I still chat with her regularly online. <3

• 12/8/11 10:15 the Muse:

aw that’s brilliant she seems like such a sweetie!

• 12/7/11 20:24 mtx:

I saw her video recently and I was really impressed with her bravery. Many girls out there are really insecure about their flaws but this girl really stands up from the crowd. she is really really nice because she does all these things just for giving great tips for people who are suffering the same thing. I dont have severe acne but I do get pimples every month. I subscribed to her right away after I watched her video because it was really nice of her to share her tips to people even though she is not happy with her flaw..
    luckily, I saw her recent video without makeup and her skin turns much better! I was so happy when I saw that. :D
    anyway, thanks for sharing muse!

• 12/8/11 0:13 Ida:

She’s so sweet and that was incredibly brave of her to put that video out there.

I’m very insecure about my dark undereye circles and wouldn’t even dare to post a before photo of my face before undereye concealer.

• 12/8/11 9:42 the Muse:

I agree Ida. very brave indeed! Actually I should have mentioned, I’m insecure about my eyes too. I can’t rid myself of the puff :(

• 12/8/11 21:31 Nina:

I don’t understand why this lovely young lady is suffering from such terrible acne when there are so many effective treatments out there! Acne like hers is not caused by cosmetics. She needs to have a medical work-up and have her vitamin and hormonal balance checked. No one should have to deal with this! She is indeed brave, but she doesn’t have to live like this.

• 12/9/11 10:13 the Muse:

nina looks like her acne is considerably better since doing this video. her face is alot less inflamed so she probably has been treating

• 12/10/11 0:24 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

I really admire her for revealing something she feels insecure about. I have AWFUL skin as well, and although it’s been somewhat better after a round of Accutane, it’s still pretty bad. I’m in my mid 20’s and have tried so many different things, and really appreciate that she’s helping others look their best :)

• 12/10/11 5:59 Julia:

Applause for Cassandra!

That said, I myself tend to break out because my skin is horribly sensitive, which means I have trouble treating my dry and dehydrated spots so I end up looking dull AND having acne! >___<