How Do You Change Your Skincare Routine Through the Seasons?

Meaningful Beauty

Now that we are heading into deep Winter my skin is going to start getting drier…and drier…and drier.

Ugh.

Dry means dull for me so I have to be sure to keep my skin as moist and hydrated as possible. Very important to keep skin super hydrated during the Winter months so I try to inject as many products I can into my regime that include hydrochloric acid. Hyaluronic acid helps skin to retain moisture resulting in smoother, more hydrated skin!

I’m always switching around various skincare products as the weather changes and I’m always looking for something new to inject into my daily regime.

How about you?

Do you change your moisturizer, serums, or other lotions and potions throughout the various weather and season changes?

This post is sponsored by Meaningful Beauty.

Cindy Crawford is a frequent traveler and uses heavy makeup on shoots all of which contribute to early aging, dullness, and stressed out skin but Cindy seems to defy the aging process and has remarkably youthful and beautiful skin!

One of her secrets is French anti-aging specialist Dr. Jean-Louis Sebagh and his “Age Maintenance” approach to skin care. Since first experiencing the results of his youth-enhancing treatments over 15 years ago, she’s been a fan, friend and client of this world famous skin specialist.

Cindy collaborated with Dr. Sebagh to create a line of skincare entitled Meaningful Beauty.

Learn more at www.meaningfulbeauty.com

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post if you have any questions about this post please refer to my Disclaimer/Disclosure policy.

• 12/12/11 12:04 le:

of course it changes. I have to use heavier moisturizer, change gel form cleanser/shower gel to cream form.

• 12/12/11 12:19 Cj:

Strangely enough, I don’t really have to change my moisturizer during the winter, tho I will use a sheet mask every other day just to make sure I’m amply hydrated

• 12/12/11 12:20 the Muse:

me too on sheet masks but do have to rely on a heavier moisturizer during the Winter because I get all kinds of dehydrated during the cold weather :-/ but than again you’re in Florida, weather isn’t as bone chilling ;D!

• 12/12/11 12:24 kiwikiwidragon:

I have added Weledas Soothing Almond Facial oil to my routine. Although it doesn’t get bitter cold, we do lose the humidity and when you are used to it, you can definitely tell when its gone!

• 12/12/11 13:16 Irenaeus:

… Hyaluronic, not hydrochloric acid.

The latter will burn your face apart.

• 12/12/11 14:20 the Muse:

apologies spelling error on my part!

• 12/12/11 14:09 michelle:

Can you please recommend any products with Hydrochloric acid? I’d love to be able to try some, as I have dry skin as well.

Thanks!

• 12/12/11 14:30 the Muse:

sorry michelle typo there it’s Hyaluronic acid ;-D my spell check was goofy and I didn’t get a sec to correct it. Highly recommend the Hadalabo collection. Most of the line contains HA including the cleansing collection. Can’t recommend it enough!

• 12/12/11 14:10 Michelle:

Over time I’m slowly switching to using Paula’s Choice products (she’s the lady who wrote (“Don’t Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me”) exclusively as she really puts a lot of time and research into developing her products. Currently I’m using a moisturizer and a serum afterwards. I’m finding that I do have to increase the moisturizer and serum now that it’s getting cold here in NJ due to the lowered humidity.

Paula also has an anti-aging hydrating toner that I’d like to try this winter as well for an extra boost of skin protection.

• 12/12/11 14:40 Laura:

I have mostly oily (more than combo) skin. I LOVE Winter – my skin feels better and less oily – so I can pack on the products as well as foundation.

In the summer I can’t hardly wear a thing on my face – it breaks out with the slightest amount of product.

• 12/12/11 20:42 Brooke:

I recently started using Josie Maran’s Argon Oil at night and the SPF Moisturizer during the day. I have combination/oily skin, however this winter has made my skin go crazy and it’s been more on the dry side. I know a lot of people use the Argon Oil for both day and night, but I feel it’s too oily for me during the day, however the moisturizer does a great job balancing me out . The only issue I have with the moisturizer is that I think it has too much zinc oxide or something in – it seems like it drys quickly so sometimes it gets kind of clumpy when you try to blend it in to your skin. I have been using both for a few weeks and can really tell a difference in overall appearance of my skin and even pore size. I pair these two up with my Clarisonic Mia and I’ve been really happy with the results (knock on wood)!

• 12/12/11 21:16 C:

Ha, mine changes on a daily basis depending on if my skin looks dull or has a breakout. I have a countertop full of products I keep in rotation. In the winter my combo skin is prone to dehydration but I find layering serums as opposed to slathering on moisturizer which messes with my sunscreen and bb cream is a good solution. That and doing sheet masks 3-5 days a week.

• 12/12/11 21:51 katherine:

We don’t have seasons here unless you count, warm or warmer. And before here we lived in Texas so it was warm, hot, and darn hot. So I haven’t changed my skin care routine in a very long time. :D

• 12/13/11 9:25 the Muse:

katherine wish I can say the same :-D I have to constantly rotate my skincare around here ;D!

• 12/13/11 0:47 Sonya:

Please please please please PLEASE do not use hydrochloric acid on your face! It can severely burn your skin!

• 12/13/11 9:10 Karrie:

I have oily skin a nd normally do not have to change my products.
    But this year my skin is acting a little more dry.
    I have added sheet masks to my routine which really help.

• 12/13/11 9:12 the Muse:

they help me too karrie try to use one every other night!

• 12/14/11 1:56 melissa:

my mom tried cindy crawfords meaningful beauty line and i tried the cleanser, mask and moisturizer and they sucked. I’m super dry and it did nothing for me. Seemed quite cheap and low quality.

• 12/15/11 10:28 CupK8:

Ohhh yes. Yes I do. I use two moisturizers in the morning – a deep moisturizer and then an SPF moisturizer on top of that. My Rosacea means I never leave the house without SPF on mah face, but my regular SPF is not moisturizing enough for my dry face in the winter. I only have to use one at night, thankfully.

I also practically bathe in body butter (loving Fortune Cookie Soap’s whipped cream right now!) every day, otherwise my skin gets itchy. I switched to bar soap (homemade stuff, not the heavily perfumed store-bought stuff) recently, which apparently is supposed to strip less of your natural oils. So far this winter I’ve been able to beat the dry skin blues *knocks on wood*

My hands are always where I really notice it. I have a very heavy body butter I use specifically for my hands from a local beauty product gal that smells like apple crisp and makes me feel warm and cozy. If I put it on a couple of times a day (once in the morning-ish hours and once before bed), my hands stay healthy. I forgot a few nights, and my hands were red and itchy. :(

Until I typed this, I didn’t realize just how much I do differently in the wintertime! LOL! I guess I just start doing it gradually as I notice my skin starting to act up, so it’s harder to notice how much I’ve changed. xD

• 12/16/11 12:12 the Muse:

I really need to try fortune cookie soap I heard so many good things ;-D!!!!!!!! my hands have been a tad dry this year too! been bathing in super second skin hand cream ;-D!!!!!!!!!!!! I switch up alot too in the Winter ;-D def can’t rely on my Summer skincare for Winter ;D!

• 12/16/11 18:18 CupK8:

YOU MUST try them!! I’m on their Eggnog scent right now – I was using Pumpkin Pie last month. Yummmmmm!