Illamasqua Freak Eau de Parfum

Illamasqua Freak Eau de Parfum

My deepest, darkest fragrance has to be Flowerbomb. That’s about it. I’m a fruity, sweet, candy, foody type of fragrance girl. If it’s sweet, I love it.

I normally avoid fragrances with notes like patchouli, amber, Frankincense, etc..

But I’m a little bit curious about Illamasqua Freak Eau de Parfum.

Freak is a unisex fragrance that promises to be a rich, daringly, provocative new scent to celebrate the night!

Burnt orange bloom as a base is supposedly able to enhance the wearer’s own natural perfume, word.

The notes, ones I’d avoid at all costs typically include Black Davana, Opium Flower, Belladonna, Poison Hemlock, Datura, Queen of the Night blossom, Frankincense, Oud, and Myrrh.

Freak comes bottled up in an art deco inspired bottle, titled to one side in a smoky glass.

Count me curious.

Available now at Sephora.com

I’m tempted to just order it without smelling it, I like surprises and maybe this one might be a pleasant one?

What do you think?

Are you up for the Freak experience?

My favorite freaks….

Freaks

• 12/15/11 12:34 Bonnie:

Oooo those are some of my fave freaks too. :)

Am I strange that I like the sweet perfumes but I also ADORE franincense, myrrh, amber, patchouli, etc.? In fact I just bought a candle that incorporates all of those scents!!! :) You would hate it!

• 12/15/11 12:35 the Muse:

ha bonnie ^5!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG NOOOO do not want ;-D LOL!

• 12/15/11 12:36 Allie:

I love that little snail!

• 12/15/11 12:40 the Muse:

me too ;-D

• 12/15/11 12:50 Cindy:

Can’t wait to smell this perfume, but don’t want to order this without sniffing first ;-)
    27 february i’m going to Orlando (first time USA, yay !!!) and i def. going to try this at Sephora !

• 12/15/11 12:54 the Muse:

aww cindy wish you were coming to New York! Enjoy Florida ;-D!!!!!!!!!!

• 12/15/11 13:44 kiwikiwidragon:

Ahh, Cindy!! Great to see you in Orlando!! I live about 40 minutes from there! I want to smell this one too!

• 12/15/11 13:52 Cindy:

Thanks ! Can’t wait !

• 12/15/11 13:52 Cindy:

Thank you !
        Also want to go to NY ! Maybe 1 of 2 years later, first save money ;-)

• 12/15/11 13:52 the Muse:

looking forward to that visit!!!!! ;-D

• 12/16/11 7:43 Michelle:

Wow Cindy enjoy your time here in the USA and have fun playing in Sephora…they will have to drag you out of the store, I guarantee! Don’t forget to ask for samples! :)

• 12/16/11 9:48 Cindy:

I’ll let you know once i booked ;-)

• 12/16/11 9:50 Cindy:

@Michelle: thank you ! Already saving money for beauty shopping :-) Can’t wait to visit all the stores and brands we don’t have in the Netherlands !
            I take one extra suitcase with me haha

• 12/15/11 13:26 Courtney:

Trent Reznor *swoon* Is it just me or is he getting hotter with age?

• 12/15/11 13:36 the Muse:

hotter with age. I wanna lick him all over.

• 12/15/11 13:45 kiwikiwidragon:

this perfume really strikes a cord for me, I am all about Boyfriend right now! I bet it’s amazing…..

• 12/15/11 13:48 the Muse:

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BF! Hope she does another one for Spring 2012. AMAZING fragrance!

• 12/16/11 10:40 kiwikiwidragon:

I want to roll around in it, I have been procrastinating about the set at Sephora and I want it bad!! It’s so pricey tho!

• 12/16/11 10:49 the Muse:

;-D!

• 12/15/11 14:31 Eve:

OMG have to smell! I’ve been looking for a unisex smell for awhile since that’s what I prefer mostly. That little snail is super cute too though I don’t really like the name freak haha.

• 12/15/11 14:41 sara:

ordered it….the bottle intrigues me…..the smell? we’ll see

• 12/15/11 14:48 the Muse:

update us when it arrives sara!

• 12/16/11 16:49 sara:

Got this today and must say worth the money. Its definitely manly, maybe a touch of floral? Like nothing I ever smelled before. The bottle alone is worth the money lol added perk….comes in an amazing box. The whole thing is all very Goth, loves it. I’m a loyal flowerbomb user….but this fragrance is sex :-o can I write that here?! Lol

• 12/15/11 15:04 Nana:

I was also curious about this perfume even though it’s not really my taste it seems nice O.O

… My favorite freak is Jacoby Shaddix :X

• 12/15/11 15:09 the Muse:

papa roach lol indeed Jacoby is high on the list lmao

• 12/15/11 15:13 Andrea:

I took a chance and ordered this fragrance without smelling it during the Sephora VIB sale. I usually like scents that are more fruity or floral, so this is way different than anything else I own… heavier and (dare I say) sexier. It starts off pretty florally and woodsy, but the florals fade after a while and leave the woody notes behind. There’s also an earthiness to it without going the patchouli route (which I personally can’t stand). I could see it as unisex, since the floral notes aren’t too sweet to begin with. For me, this is more of an evening scent (though it’s strong enough to last all day), and it screams Illamasqua because of how dark and mysterious yet alluring it is. It’s a keeper!

I’m not great at explaining fragrances, but I hope this helps!

• 12/15/11 15:21 the Muse:

andrea is patchouli overwhelming here? that note scares me, actually terrifies me

• 12/16/11 7:46 Michelle:

I’m glad to hear that someone detests patchouli as much as I do :) the packaging is waaay cool but the fragrance notes are enough to send me running the other way screaming at the top of my lungs! :)

• 12/16/11 10:21 the Muse:

DITTO michelle DITTO! lol!

• 12/15/11 19:30 Kristina:

Trent Reznor yummy!

• 12/16/11 10:28 the Muse:

mmm mmm good ;D!

• 12/15/11 23:48 Andrea:

I don’t think there’s any patchouli in this one, thank goodness! There is a pleasant earthiness/woodiness from other notes, but nothing overwhelming. I’ve been wearing it for the past few days, and no problems.

I’ve been freaked out by patchouli ever since a Lush SA made me try on Happy Hippy lotion a while ago. I loved the lemony-ness, but later on the patchouli kicked in and I ended up stinking all day! Sometimes I wish patchouli and I got along better. I got Betsey Johnson’s Too Too during Sephora’s F&F, but it turns out it has patchouli in it, which is a huge bummer since I love the fragrance’s dance theme, and the bottle matches my decor. I’m still debating, but it’ll probably end up going back. Whoo… long response!

• 12/16/11 10:19 the Muse:

ugh Lush is legendary with patchouli! they seem to put it in everything ;-D I haven’t smelled Too Too yet but been curious ;-D but prob not for me!!!!!!

You’re making this more tempting ;-D hahahah! I think Freak shall be mine!

• 12/16/11 10:29 kiwikiwidragon:

Yeah and jasmine too, gag, please LUSH, no more jasmine…

• 12/16/11 10:32 the Muse:

the jasmine always gives me a cat pee vibe dunno why

• 12/16/11 12:20 Andrea:

I love everything about Too Too except the patchouli. Le sigh…

Consider it payback for all the lemmings I’ve added to my list from reading your blog! Let me know what you think if you get to try Freak. I like how different it is from everything else I own, plus I’m currently in obsessed with Illamasqua. Love their intense glosses and nail polishes (and Freak)!

• 12/16/11 8:46 Majick:

OMG I WANT THIS – do you think you could make it one of your giveaways. LOL
    Actually, I never buy without smelling because I’m allergic to a lot. Mostly I”m allergic to the “clean” smells. Weird huh? yep, Tide detergent, fabric softeners, and smells like that are the worst for my breathing.
    This sounds AMAZING as I love frankincense, myrrh, etc.

• 12/16/11 10:30 kiwikiwidragon:

It’s the “powder” notes and where it hits in your sinuses, I have the same issues with all items mentioned. Poison always makes me sneeze and damn I love that stuff!

• 12/17/11 1:53 theRothstanator:

LOL! I love your collage of hotties! Love almost all of these guys; however, I can’t put my finger on who the band below Mustaine/next to Rob Zombie is?

• 12/17/11 10:28 Tracey:

Is it wrong that I want this purely for the bottle?

I’d have to try a sample though as although I don’t mind patchouli, I don’t like TOO much of it.