Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Swatches

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Swatches 1

I’m currently testing out the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows but I thought I’d swatch them up for you prior to the review.

Take a look!

From left to right, top to bottom (Pomegranate Punk, Fierce and Tangy, Audacious Asphalt, Bold Gold, Painted Purple, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal, and Bad to the Bronze)

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Swatches 3

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Swatches 2

I scored them at CVS for $7.39 each but a few folks mentioned Target has them for $5.99 and I imagine Harmons has them even cheaper.

Review upcoming shortly!

• 12/28/11 10:52 Audris:

Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze me likey!

• 12/28/11 10:54 Kimryan8:

Thank you! Pomegranite Punk looks really cool. I’ll bet it looks great on you.

• 12/28/11 11:14 the Muse:

aw cheers kim thanks for that ;-D

• 12/28/11 11:01 susan:

Wow. Will we get these in the UK?

• 12/28/11 11:14 the Muse:

I’m not sure susan, actually surprised you didn’t get them first!

• 12/28/11 11:06 Sara:

I look forward to your review, Muse! Especially for the couple of shades I didn’t pick up. Pomegranate might need acquiring.

• 12/28/11 11:15 the Muse:

sara i think the pom one def needs a little pick up ;D!

• 12/28/11 12:47 Hilary:

I need some of these! Haven’t found any new DS items around here yet :( There are so many I want to try lol!. These and the L’oreal es and so many lipsticks. yay!

• 12/28/11 14:55 BooBooNinja:

Do you have any of the matte shades? I’m wondering how they wear.

• 12/28/11 15:10 the Muse:

yup boo boo they are pictured in this post. haven’t tried them as of yet on lids but will review shortly.

• 12/28/11 22:02 Mallory:

Bold Gold and Fierce & Tangy are calling out to me. Thanks for the swatches!!

• 12/29/11 10:45 the Muse:

my pleasure be mallory be careful! I love shades like that too, but I fierce and tangy sorta ended up unwearable :( less you use as a base :( b/c it was super bright orange and not as nicely peach as it looks in the pot :)

• 12/29/11 3:58 K:

color tattoo reminds me of lasting shine gel eye shadow from Maybelline’s Japanese release, I think they came out in Japan like April 2010. I am just wondering whether they are the same product…

• 12/29/11 9:32 the Muse:

mmm very much so k. I never got a chance to try out the Japanese version, they were on my wish list for a while though.

• 12/29/11 11:49 K:

I was thinking about getting color tattoo a while ago. but after seeing your swatches, color tattoo look way too similar to lasting shine gel eye shadow. I own the brown gel eye shadow from the Japanese version, and it looks exactly like bad to the bronze…

• 12/29/11 15:12 Alix:

My Target has *nothing* yet, and neither does the Ulta near me… drat! I want to try these!

• 12/29/11 20:43 Christina:

I am DYING for your review. Bad to the Bronze and Audacious Asphalt (along with a color I don’t see here but I think is a part of the line Taupe something?) look gorgeous but I don’t dare commit without the nod from you!
    There’s also the tiny matter of these not having shown up anywhere near me yet…but that’s just a minor matter!

• 12/30/11 1:02 Paula:

After your reviews on the new Maybelline lip colors, I’m really glad I didn’t succumb to temptation. BUT, I really like the color tattoo eyeshadow I got.
    I don’t wear it completely alone, but I have the shade taupe and I use it to cool down some of my warmer toned eye shadows and I also wear it as liner for a subtle daytime look. So far I’ve had a good experience with it, but I’m not sure if these will be amazing flying solo over the entire lid. Honestly most of the colors wouldn’t really look great by themselves over the entire lid in my opinion. I suppose if you wanted to look like Mimi from Drew Carey it’d be another story, but yeah.

I will say that it is nice that they went outside the box with their color selections though. You don’t see bold oranges, etc all the time at the drugstore.

• 12/31/11 13:16 Ruthless:

The taupe one is matte and is fabulous I use it all the time. I found the blue to be extremely wearable on it’s own-very pigmented. The purple (out of the three I own) I found to be the least pigmented. They last a long time on their own with no base and I have pretty oily lids so these are amazeballs

• 1/1/12 14:32 HautePJ:

My CVS has this display and there’s a Taupe color too, yes? That one has been sold out everywhere I’ve seen this line. I really want to get Pomegranate Punk and luckily, CVS Extra Bucks start printing today!

• 1/8/12 4:18 Dawn:

I am debating purchasing these..can’t wait to hear what you think.

• 2/26/13 3:40 Judy:

They were on sale for $8.26 ea, so I bought Pom Pink and Bad to Bronze!! Both very beautiful and easy to use, just like my bobbi brown cream shadow pots!! Very happy!!

• 2/26/13 9:19 the Muse:

yay happy to hear it judy!