Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh

Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh

Kate Walsh is a pretty classy chick. I loved her on Grey’s and I was sad to see her go. I don’t watch Private Practice as it simply didn’t catch my interest much but I def feel bad I didn’t give it more of a fighting chance.

I wish she’d just come back to Grey’s Anatomy and call it a day.

Either way she’s a great actress and damn attractive too but…why the hell was she at Charlie Sheen’s Roast? Eh?

Either way, moral of the story is she’s really the least likely celeb I’d think of as having a fragrance launch. Yes, she’s famous in her own right and I’m not belittling that but she doesn’t really have the hardcore exposure most celebs that launch a perfume have ya know?

So when she introduced Boyfriend, I admit, I kinda shrugged it off as “oh god another celebrity fragrance!”

I should have taken it way more seriously because Kate seriously has some sort of hidden talent and nose for fragrance. Boyfriend is just so incredibly luxurious. I’m a fruity, foody, sweet type of girl and Boyfriend is kinda my sophisticated, “I’m a big girl” fragrance. It’s just that incredible.

Why I am telling you this?

Because as I suspected and predicted Kate has a brand new fragrance launching and I couldn’t be more excited, so excited in fact I promptly ordered it as soon as it became available at HSN.

There’s a new Boyfriend in town — and this guy’s loaded! Who wants to be a millionaire when you can have a Billionaire? Learjets, super yachts, diamonds and roulette, a drive down the Italian coast in a vintage sports car … remember when you had to dress for dinner and a gentleman never let a lady pay? Live the fantasy with Billionaire Boyfriend.

• Top Notes: Bergamot, tangerine and green lush leaf
  • Mid Notes: Black jasmine, black velvet orchid, gardenia and patchouli flower
  • Base Notes: Sensual amber, cistus, vetiver and sandalwood

Billionaire Boyfriend promises to be a floral oriental blend. Not my typical scent of choice but if its anything like the original Boyfriend it’ll probably prove downright magical!

I look forward to reviewing it for you.

Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh is available now at HSN.com I wouldn’t wait to order as Boyfriend originally sold out within a very short time when HSN launched it!

• 1/24/12 20:47 Aline:

Every gal could all use a billionaire boyfriend

• 1/24/12 21:55 the Muse:

amen to that ;D!

• 1/25/12 9:38 Cj:

Hey!… I could use one too :P!

• 1/24/12 21:44 Fey:

That is a delicious assemblage of notes. Black velvet orchid and vetiver. Mmmmm! The perfect amount of smoky floral.

• 1/24/12 22:20 Lauren:

I got a sample of “boyfriend” from Sephora and hated it! I thought it smelled like old man. Maybe a “one foot in the grave”, “sugar daddy” boyfriend??? If there’s a sample of this new one I’ll try it, but not giving my hopes up…

• 1/25/12 1:15 FadBurger:

I love Boyfriend, it’s just mellow enough that I can wear it, I have a very sensitive nose. I also like foody things so it’s perfect :). I’ll have to sniff this one when they get it at Sephora.

• 1/25/12 9:04 kiwikiwidragon:

I find that all perfumes have a similar scent to my nose and sometimes there are the rare exception, Boyfriend is one of them. I have several of the rollerballs, a few sample sprayers, and now a 1/2 oz of the perfume. This is my kind of perfume, dark, warm, comforting, sensuous. More please!!! I might buy this sight un-smelled, LOL!! Have you tried Tibetan Mountain Temple by Pacifica? It rocks too, and is my back-up to Boyfriend.

• 1/25/12 9:08 the Muse:

no but obviously need it now haha…I really like Pacifica scents so I imagine I’ll love it. I purchased this, unsmelled, I just know it’s going to rock! ;D

• 1/25/12 9:22 kiwikiwidragon:
      • 1/25/12 9:33 the Muse:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got it from HSN and I could have gotten it with a GC at Sephora GR!

• 1/25/12 9:43 kiwikiwidragon:

Uh-oh, sorry to have burst the bubble there :(. I think I will get the roller ball first or maybe not…My birthday is coming up and DN promised me a Tokidoki bag.

• 1/25/12 9:53 the Muse:

ugh I missed the new bags :( I wanted the Tokyo and Paris designs and I missed ‘em both but they said they are restocking in Feb. Which are you lemming :)

• 1/25/12 10:02 kiwikiwidragon:

I am lemming the Mondarian Lrg Hobo bag on their website, hubby missed them for xmas and I pointed them out to him again….He better not fail this time, lol!!

• 1/25/12 10:15 the Muse:

oh I remember that one! where are you purchasing from? It’s long gone from the site! :(

• 1/25/12 13:10 kiwikiwidragon:

Hmmm, it was still on the site last time i looked today.

• 1/25/12 13:19 the Muse:

oh hey yeah…there it is ha sorry ;-D Almost crushed your lem!

• 1/25/12 13:20 kiwikiwidragon:

No worries, although I did have to go look again, lol

• 1/25/12 13:31 the Muse:

LOL and tempt you again eh?

• 1/25/12 13:23 kiwikiwidragon:

Did you ever order Freak? I really want to smell that one too….

• 1/25/12 13:24 the Muse:

no i was a little scared….! I’m waiting for it to hit sephora so I can have a little sniffle!

• 1/25/12 13:30 kiwikiwidragon:

Me too, that’s a bundle to drop for not being able to sniff it, even with the great return policy!

• 1/25/12 13:36 the Muse:

hsn has a nice return policy but I don’t think I’ll have to use it, I have a good feeling jenn ;-D

• 1/25/12 9:39 kiwikiwidragon:

It’s amazing, warm and cozy, with a hint of spiciness, love it…and you can’t beat the price for the perfume sprays at $22 bucks. The only place I have found it is Whole Foods and on Pacifica’s website.

• 1/25/12 14:02 the Muse:

trying it right away!!!!!!!!!! ;D thanks for the rec!

• 1/25/12 12:33 Tammie:

I am the same way, most florals tend to smell the same to me…in general I have trouble distinguishing notes so they all pretty much smell generally “floral” unless they have rose or jasmine or something easy to pick out. Boyfriend is the same with me as it is with you, in that it is really the only standout…not to mention it doesn’t tickle my nose lol

• 1/25/12 13:20 kiwikiwidragon:

totally agree on that too, I was smitten with Poison for years, but cannot wear it do to the “sneeze” factor. Of all things I kinda liked was Paris Hilton’s Can Can, and Jessica Simpson’s Fancy Nights and I am not really into celebrities and don’t care who designs the fragrance as long as I like it. I got sick of Can Can faster than normal for me and Fancy Nights never really panned out once on my skin. Currently Boyfriend is my norm and I throw Rose Jam from Lush in there occasionally or Rebel Rose by mark on a whim.
        No water or “clean” scents for me, especially those that say cotton or laundry!! Ugh, I died a little when Yankee Candle whored out everything they manufactured in the terrible clean cotton fragrance….

• 1/25/12 10:26 christmas:

boyfriend is my favorite perfume next to lavanilla (all of the lavanilla flavors because I ended up getting most of them LOL).
    I think boyfriend is one of those scents that changes depending on the wearer’s natural scent. Like, I smelled it in store and hated it but then I was hanging out with my friend who wore it and I really liked it and ended up getting it later. I feel like it smells different on me than it did on my friend too.
    It turns out boys really like boyfriend too. lol

• 1/25/12 12:00 the Muse:

I agree its def a body chem kinda fragrance christmas!

• 1/25/12 11:55 Chynna:

This entry was hilarious to me because I’m also still wondering what she was doing at the Charlie Sheen roast. Random! Thanks for letting us know about this new scent – I’m also a fan of the original Boyfriend scent.

• 1/25/12 11:59 the Muse:

RIGHT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you see her? I was sitting there like WTH? I mean does she know him? eh? what? who? LOL my pleasure ;D!

• 1/25/12 12:15 Laura:

I absolutely hate Fruity, Foody, Sugary perfumes.
    I am wearing Boyfriend right now!

So I’m really looking forward to this.

• 1/25/12 12:16 SJG:

Someone came into my work wearing Boyfriend and I was AMAZED when she told me what it was. I’ve never smelled anything like it.

• 1/25/12 13:01 the Muse:

I AGREE! It’s very unique!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1/26/12 3:07 Sun:

“Who wants to be a millionaire when you can have a Billionaire?”

Am I imaging some shade thrown at Paco Rabanne? Lol

• 1/26/12 9:18 the Muse:

lol

• 1/27/12 11:25 JenJ:

OOOOOh. I have Boyfriend is smells so gooooood! I don’t need more perfume *hides*

• 1/30/12 12:00 jody:

I hope this is OK to post this.
    Retailmenot has a coupon code, not single use, for $20 off a $40 or higher item. New expires jan 31. New customer. You have to look under unpopular coupons. I just used it and it worked. Yay!

I can’t wait to try this Boyfriend. I just looovvvve the first boyfriend.
    It reminds me of L’occitane Ambre perfume oil, which I can’t find. I bought it in Paris, and that scent brings back those memories. So does Boyfriend. I love that it is different than any other scents that I own.

I hope I likeBillionaire as much. I wonder if Hsn is going to have any sets or special pricing on Feb 3. I read it is supposed to debut on Feb 3, although it is on the site now. I don’t see anything in the program guide for her though. I never did see her on HSN with original Boyfriend. I’d like to this time if she is going on air with it though.

I can’t wait to hear what you think of it!

• 1/30/12 12:14 the Muse:

omg that’s amazing jody thanks for telling us! I hope I like it as much too! I’m crossing my fingers…! I didn’t originally like BF so I’m going to give Billionaire BF a second to set in before I decide ;-D I’d like to see her too, I didn’t see the original either but remember how quickly it sold out!!!!!!!!!