Tarte Amazonian Clay Long Wear Blush Glisten Frisky Buff Adored Spring 2012 2

Morning!

I did a little face of the day using the new Tarte Amazonian Blush in Glisten and Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Tipsy. Hope it’s ok as I know some folks don’t really like FOTD (Face of the Day) posts.

Take a look!

Funny, as there is a gloss in Glisten but I thought Tipsy was more flattering paired up with the blush. I got confirmation from Tarte that the new Glisten shade available for Spring is exactly the same shade that was included in the QVC Today Special Value Set but I’m still feeling like it’s a little bit different. Hopefully that saves you some $$$ as if you already own the QVC version you might not want to indulge in the new one.

Owning over a gazillion eyeshadows you’d think I wouldn’t have a problem finding a perfect shade of peach to go along with these colors but I was raking my brain and sorting through my colors trying to find just that right shade and it hit me! Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Nice Melons is ideal for pairing up with Glisten Blush (and Tispy Lipgloss). If you don’t already have in your stash I HIGHLY suggest tracking it down for Spring looks particularly if you’re heading into Spring with peach and coral on your mind.

Anyway here’s my look!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Blush Glisten Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss Tipsy Face of the Day 2

Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Blush Glisten Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss Tipsy Face of the Day 1

(Cheeks: Amazonian 12 Hour Blush in Glisten Lips: Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss in Tipsy Eyes: Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Nice Melons)

I’m loving these shades for Spring!

The entire Tarte Spring 2012 Collection is available now at tartecosmetics.com

• 1/11/12 9:28 Missy:

I love FOTD posts! This is very pretty on you – very Spring-like and youthful :)

• 1/11/12 9:29 the Muse:

aw thanks missy you’re so sweet and way too kind :)

• 1/11/12 9:40 jenniet2002:

gawwwwwwgeous, darling! xoxo.

• 1/11/12 9:51 the Muse:

aw shucks thanks jenniet ;D!

• 1/11/12 9:44 Ruth:

I too like the FOTD posts, I like to see stash’s in action. that is such a pretty and fresh look, like you just came out of the cold.

• 1/11/12 9:59 the Muse:

aw thanks ruth <3!

• 1/11/12 9:54 Audris:

Me likey the colours on you! They look very fresh and radiant

• 1/11/12 9:57 the Muse:

thank you miss audris ;D!

• 1/11/12 9:54 Cj:

No it is not ok! I hate these posts!!!

(obviously joking)

I love anything you post lol. You look beautiful :) Can’t wait to get the new glisten

• 1/11/12 9:57 the Muse:

sniff *hugs you hard* I love you cj. when you come visit me in ny so I can smother you with lurve? ;D!

• 1/11/12 10:02 Nana:

I like FOTDs but I have a question….. do you wear circle lenses? :O

• 1/11/12 10:13 Polly:

Wow, you look so lovely and fresh faced Muse! I love FOTD posts, you should do them more often!!:)

• 1/11/12 10:30 the Muse:

aw thanks polly <3!

• 1/11/12 10:16 Michelle:

I always welcome your FOTD posts. I also have a question which may seem silly…where do you get your headbands? I’m a Muslim who always struggles to keep my scarf from sliding off and this would really help me keep it on my baby-fine hair. :)

• 1/11/12 10:30 the Muse:

hey michelle. aw thanks chica. ha LOVE me some headbands totes keeps the hair out of my face when I am working. My hair is super long so def like to wrap it up tight ;-D I tried scarfs too and they my hair just didn’t wan to play nice with them. I get them in a small asian beauty store…most Asian beauty stores have them. ;-D

• 1/11/12 10:25 LaurieS:

You look lovely, so soft and pretty. I love FOTD posts. I love me some swatches but I also enjoy seeing the stuff used on the face.

• 1/11/12 10:26 the Muse:

aw thanks laurie you’re too kind!

• 1/11/12 10:30 JCz:

Muse, Who doesn’t like FOTD posts!!?? I’ve been wondering where your full-on frontal face shots went!
    Swatches on a hand or forearm are nice, but to really see the shade in action (and to hear about wear time, what it looks like in the sun, office lighting, etc), you need a face shot.
    Don’t listen to the naysayers – FOTDs are what many people look at m/u blogs for in the first place – keep ‘em coming girl!

• 1/11/12 10:33 the Muse:

hey jc ;-D they sometimes don’t get a great reception so I keep to reviews ;-D! Been a LONG time since I did one! aw thank ya for the encouragement chica ;D!

• 1/11/12 10:39 kiwikiwidragon:

LOL, I can’t seem to think why some don’t want FOTD posts! I like to see products on faces. To me they look different around eyes or over lip pigment, swatches give me a feeling of a products performance but it doesn’t replace how they perform on facial skin and look blended. The only time I am bugged about any product post is when the item has been disco-ed or too hard to find, like if I have to travel over seas and barter with an elusive tribe in the native currency just to get a sample, those kind of posts bug me, LOL!!

• 1/11/12 11:33 HapaGirl84:

LOVE your FOTDS! Please do one at least once a month. :) I love to see how you bring different products together and what your application looks like. Keep em coming!

On a slightly unrelated note, Muse (or anyone else), have you seen/tried a Wen-like knockoff from Salon Grafix called Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser? I also saw a conditioning cleanser in the new Loreal Evercreme line. I know Muse and other readers are big Wen fans. Does anyone know how these measure up to the real Wen products? I’m so intrigued…!

• 1/11/12 11:37 Cosmetics Aficionado:

This is lovely! And yeah, those blushes looked noticeable different in pan and in our swatch.

• 1/11/12 11:54 the Muse:

I thought so too! ;-D!

• 1/11/12 12:00 Christina:

This look is lovely on you! I have no problem with FOTD posts! It’s great to see what colour combinations people come up with. I think they’re way better than just swatches!

• 1/11/12 12:08 amysummer:

Love FOTD posts! :-) Looks gorgeous Muse!

• 1/11/12 12:16 the Muse:

aw thank you amy you’re too kind :) xoxo!

• 1/11/12 12:36 Christine:

Muse that’s such a flattering look on you! I love it :). And yes, I’m with the other readers who love FOTDs. They’re so fun :D!

• 1/11/12 13:07 the Muse:

awwwwwwww thanks christine *huge hugs*

• 1/11/12 12:44 Carrie:

I love your FOTD! Totally inspired me to dig Nice Melons out from the depths of my stash. Please do more!!

• 1/11/12 13:07 the Muse:

aw thanks carrie! get it out girl, best color ever ;-D how did we forget about it? ;D!

• 1/11/12 18:33 Colleen:

HI Muse. I agree with everyone above. You look fresh, radiant, and lovely. Great photo.

• 1/12/12 14:30 the Muse:

aw thanks colleen your guys give my ego a point ;D!

• 1/13/12 22:52 catazure:

I really enjoy seeing the makeup actually on you – you have a good face to show product; beautifully shaped eyes, full cheeks and a curvy, smiley mouth:)
    I should get my Tarte Amazonian clay foundation tomorrow (mail) and will be getting some of the blush now that I’ve seen how great it looks. Thanks so much for posting your reviews, you’ve really helped my cosmetic shopping:)

• 2/9/12 18:47 airybreeze:

Hi Muse
    Actually I came on this posting by mistake and I thought you were blushing or something. Then i realized it was blush ^^;; It looks really natural on you.