Yves Saint Laurent Voile de Blush Gel Blush for Spring 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Voile de Blush Gel Blush for Spring 2012 002

I’m such a sucker for cheek gels and stains when the warmer weather hits. Granted we’re still in January and I’m still waiting for some hard New York cold but so far its been quite mild around here so I”m getting an early start on Spring and Yves Saint Laurent Voile de Blush Gel Blush may be added to my Spring beauty blush stash.

Jump!

Yves Saint Laurent Voile de Blush Gel Blush for Spring 2012 001

Voile de Blush is a water-based gel blush that gives a sheer hint of tint to cheeks with a lightweight formula that blends easily for a natural finish.

It’s available in three shades in a squeeze tube for $30 each.

Curious minds if I’ll like this one or might it prove too subtle for me? I like a nice pop of color from cheek gels and stains.

Available now on counters.

• 1/16/12 6:36 Michelle:

Slightly OT but the eyeliner style they’ve used on the model is fantastic! I love it when eyeshadows are used for eyelining, especially in lighter colors.

PS: I’m praying that we have a mild winter here in the NJ/NY area and that the snowblower can just stay in the garage this year! :)

• 1/16/12 12:53 Tammie:

If this one isn’t too sheer I’d like to try it out, it sounds interesting! I love my Tarte gel cheek stain but sometimes the formula is a bit of a pain in the stick form.

• 1/16/12 15:13 Teri:

I went out to purchase this the other night and I must say, this stuff is actually pretty great. The gel is really refreshing and cooling, and yes, it IS quite sheer. I remember trying it out when I got home and being really disappointed with how sheer it was when I applied it to my cheeks. HOWEVER, give it a minute or two and somehow (i have no idea how this works) but the color seems to intensify just a tad, and the result is a really nice natural dewy, just pinched cheek. Looks so pretty! Also I just wanted to add that I had this on during a full 14 hour day, slept in it, and woke up with the blush still looking immaculate. This is some awesome stuff, I hope they end up implementing this into their permanent lineup, like they did with their creme de blushes.

• 1/16/12 16:34 Wendy A.:

I love this brand I know I’m getting a good bang for my buck and with other luxury brand like Chanel I feel like I’m overpaying and when I buy Dior I feel like i’m buying the same old thing it seems like a really consistent brand.

• 1/16/12 17:10 nicolle:

I tried a couple of the colors over the weekend. The pink shade was very sheer, it gives more of a glow than actual color. There was a coral color and it gave off some color but not too much. I didn’t buy any. I don’t think my combo skin would like it much :(

• 1/19/12 23:29 Ruthless:

Also OT but if they expect us to believe that that model is trying to eat a pomegranate like that they’re crazy. Anyone who bites into one like that is in for an unpleasant surprise-maybe she’s just supposed to be SMELLING it.

• 1/20/12 10:49 Dominique:

I am from France but I dislike YSL make-up – I do love fragrances though – so I don’t think ” Voile de Blush ” is a good product. For me a blush is either a normal blush and some look really sheer ( from Nars, M.A.C or Cargo ), or a cream blush as the gorgeous M.A.C formula ( I have ” so sweet, so easy ” I just love it ).
    “Voile de Blush ” ? Well just forget it I would say.