Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Ready Powder Blush

As I suspected, I’m so damn good at predictions, Bare Escentuals has introduced several shades of pressed blush. Bare Escentuals Ready Powder Blush isn’t a great surprise as the introduction of the Ready Eyeshadows was a brief prologue of things to come.

Of course, it is an exciting release simply because people generally enjoy the BE experience but not the messy application so a pressed format of the blush will make application run a bit smoother. Buxom has new pressed blushes as well but I wasn’t particularly keen on them, dare I say they were a little too vibrant for me but I’m quite curious about these.

Take a look, see if any shades call your name! As for me, I’m hoping for a pressed version of Fruit Cocktail, my HG (holy grail) BE blush of choice!

The Aphrodisiac

The Close Call

The One

The Tease

The Indecent Proposal

The Whisper

The French Kiss

The Confession

The Faux Pas

The Secrets Out

Bare Escentuals Ready Powder Blush is $22 and available now at Nordstrom.com

Do you need them?

• 2/21/12 14:26 monettex:

I picked this up during their preview at BE, and I got the color “The Aphrodisiac”. It is really pretty, peach with slight gold shimmer. Would work well for light skin tones because it is somewhat sheer.
    They have a few pressed bronzers coming out, which I was excited about, but I found out those have that bismuth oxichloride stuff :( wish I could wear it but it makes my face itch.

• 2/21/12 14:36 the Muse:

same for me, feels like tiny ants crawling under my skin worst feeling :(

• 2/21/12 14:32 VickiC:

LOL @I’m so damn good at predictions

• 2/21/12 14:34 the Muse:

wink! ;D

• 2/21/12 16:10 Kim:

I got one during the pre-sale at BE, The French Kiss. I was kind of disappointed with it though as it did not blend too well. It’s a pretty watermelon shade if you can get it to blend.

• 2/21/12 16:14 the Muse:

aw sorry kim had the same issues with the buxom shades :-/ patchy on my cheeks!

• 2/21/12 17:13 AmyK:

I checked these out at the preview event as well. The lady helping me said several of the shades barely show up on people’s skintones. She tried a few of the more pigmented colors on me but we both agreed they didn’t look so great. I also tried the bronzer and didn’t feel like it was anything special. (I’m a Nars Laguna fan). I left the store kinda bummed but I’m still going to try the blush in the upcoming QVC TSV. I can’t help it. :-)

• 2/21/12 17:15 the Muse:

aw damn! bad news all around on these Am! someone else said they felt they were to sheer too sniff!

• 2/22/12 0:33 elizabeth:

I have this weird pet peeve about blush that comes with a brush in the same compartment (Physician’s Formula blushes don’t bother me since they’re totally separated). I guess they just remind me of that first cheap Cover GIrl blush I owned in 7th grade with the super scratchy brush. Plus I’d much rather use my own brush.

• 2/22/12 8:08 Joan:

Oh no! I just received four of them that I ordered from the BE website pre-sale. Haven’t tried them yet, but from what I’m reading here, hoping I’LL like them. I also have the BE TSV on order from the Insider magazine. After I try them, I’ll comment. I do like the Buxom blushes, though. I have four of those. I have a thing for blush!

• 2/22/12 8:49 Joan:

Muse, I would also love to see Fruit Cocktail in a pressed blush. Some of the other shades as well that I have in the loose powder.

• 2/22/12 9:40 the Muse:

I’d love to see it too Joan ;-D agreed I have quite a few favs I’d like to see in pressed format!

• 2/22/12 10:52 Joan:

I just tried a shade called The French Kiss and I didn’t have a problem. I like it. Went on nice and blended well. Shows up. Put it on with a synthetic angled blush brush. It is one of the cool blue pink shades. I have Aphrodisiac, which is a lightish peach, but haven’t tried that one yet. I can see that you may have to build that shade up on your cheeks because it is on the light side. All in all, I think I’m going to like all the shades I bought.
    Now I wonder if BE will come out with the foundation in a pressed powder. Would love that. When I saw the Ready eyeshadows, I knew what that meant……more BE pressed powder makeup. Yeah!

• 2/26/12 18:20 Fuuka:

I’m a hardcore BE girl, so I’m super excited!! The Aphrodisiac looks like my Clinique Precious Posy that is running out.