Do NOT Want: Makeup That Claims It’s Worth $150!

ELF

Please E.L.F. your e-mails are killing me.

Do Not Want Makeup that is definitely not worth $150. Stop, please, you’re embarrassing yourself now.

• 2/7/12 19:09 le:

I think there is a mistake. I got the same email from ELF too, the difference is the value mentioned is $15. just want to let you know

• 2/7/12 19:11 the Muse:

i think they are trying to say the palette has $150 dollars of makeup in it but retails for $30 on their site but you are getting it at either 050% for $15 or you get it free with a $25 purchase…I read it that way!? correct me if I’m wrong ;-D

• 2/7/12 19:12 the Muse:

in small print they are basing it on studio items purchased individually *rolls eyes, head desk*

• 2/7/12 19:16 Freddie:

ELF is annoying as hell in general. They still won’t stop sending me e-mails even after I was like “no stop”.

• 2/7/12 19:32 the Muse:

SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2/7/12 19:20 Appu:

LOL! They have to stop these e-mails ASAP! Also those that have “Do Not Share” as the subject line…

• 2/7/12 19:32 the Muse:

LOL LMAO Appu! Yes! I hate those! Like I WANT to share it lol! ;-D don’t get me wrong they have a few nice products here and there but sometimes the email piss me off so bad haha!

• 2/7/12 19:26 Mandi:

Lol! Oh man… That’s funny.

• 2/7/12 19:28 Daniela:

Is the palette supposed to be worth that much? What does the little * means here? Well it really seems ridiculous :D

• 2/7/12 19:31 the Muse:

* they say the if you buy each item from the studio line it would equal $150 lol

• 2/7/12 19:34 Daniela:

In that case seems to be such an amazing deal. *sarcastic*

• 2/7/12 19:30 JenJ:

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa. oh elf.

• 2/7/12 20:17 Seaira:

The level of secondhand embarrassment I feel for ELF. Oh dear lord. So glad their e-mails go automatically to my junk folder now. I got SO tired of seeing that crap on a daily basis. To be perfectly honest, their make-up is such absolute garbage, I never plan on trying anything from them ever again. That’s just my opinion, though.

• 2/8/12 11:01 the Muse:

I’ve marked them as spam numerous times but they keep coming back damn them! LOL!

• 2/7/12 20:26 Jessica Allison:

Funny thing is, even makeup that actually *costs* $150 isn’t actually *worth* a fraction of that cost. I used to manage a cosmetics line that charged $22 for lipstick that actually cost less than $3.

• 2/7/12 20:35 jennifer:

or how i get e-mails with the subject line “WE MISSED YOU!” after i visit their website.

• 2/8/12 11:01 the Muse:

GRR tell me ’bout it!

• 2/8/12 0:49 Marie:

As much as I LOVELOVELOVE ELF…. these false claim emails get on my nerves too. It seems like they raise the bar every year that passes :\

• 2/8/12 10:59 the Muse:

marie, they make some ok products, it’s a hit or a miss for me, but the emails omg they are just seriously silly :D!

• 2/8/12 1:53 Quinctia:

Yeah, I see prices marked like that anytime ELF, Nyx sets, or Crown Brush has makeup on HauteLook. This makes me automatically distrust the MSRP listed on any brand I’ve never heard of.

I know the UD prices were accurate. I learned that if that stupid BoS IV was priced at $29, I’d buy it–it’s on its way! I’ll just have to figure out how to dismantle the ridiculous packaging. :D

• 2/8/12 7:34 NeutraKris:

I got that very same email, and thought the very same thing – Whaaaaat? There’s no way it’s worth $150. Granted, I do like some of ELF’s products, but they are nowhere near that kind of value.

And since we’re ranting, I hate that if you don’t buy from one of their sales, they send you a “We Missed You” email every single blessed day. No, you didn’t miss me, I just didn’t want to spend any money. BAH!

• 2/8/12 9:11 the Muse:

omg kris every single time i visit the site they send one, their cookies are the worst hahahaha! ;-D I actually unsubscribed and I sent their blasts to my spam box but somehow, someway they keep coming back! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I agree, it’s a hit and miss, some products are actually nice but no way are they worth $20-$50 dollars as they claim haha!

• 2/8/12 9:30 Crystal:

I am with you on this. I wish they would depend on the quality of their products making people come back and not crazy email campaigns that just make them look pathetic!

• 2/8/12 10:58 Majick:

The way of the new world… I am getting so sick of inflated “retail” prices and the “great deal” we are all getting on EVERY EFFIN THING!

I think it would be really refreshing if things were priced according to their “real” worth. I also think it would be great if you were actually getting authentic products. I see palettes being sold on places like HauteLook, Ideeli, etc. That claim to be worth (for example) $75 but you can get it for $30. Sounds good until you go to coastalscents.com and find out those same palettes sell for $19.95.
    I’m just sayin’. (Ok, I’m just ranting. I’ve gotten a dose of what was supposed to be quality lately and all it was was reject after reject. And, it’s really sad when you try to deal with a company’s customer svc. and they are telling you, “that’s just the way they are”. Really? I proved them wrong but it cost me a lot of time, and they didn’t even care.

Sorry for bringing this post down but the email struck a nerve. LOL

• 2/8/12 11:12 the Muse:

no no no I totally understand….I see alot of it on palettes Majick and its irritating, this palette is worth $85 but you can have it for $15. It does not have $85 worth of makeup in it when you do the math on the size per shadow or blush inside.

UGH!

• 2/8/12 15:27 Majick:

exactly! One of the reasons I like your site so much. It really helps keep me up to date on what’s happening out there and if a product is really worth our hard earned dollar.

• 2/8/12 15:43 the Muse:

aw shucks thanks!

• 2/8/12 15:46 Majick:

I’m not sure why but the first time you replied to me I didn’t see an email with the “new comment”.

This time I got the email but when I clicked on the link I had to also refresh the page before I saw the new reply.

I’m not sure if it’s a site problem or my computer but I thought I would let you know just in case you’re still working some bugs out.
            :-)

• 2/8/12 16:44 the Muse:

thanks majick could be me, I’m working on rolling out a new template shortly so these bugs can be ironed out ;D!

• 2/8/12 11:20 kimkats:

OMG – you could buy nearly the whole ELF line for $150!!! Who the he!! do they think they’re kidding??!!!

• 2/8/12 14:27 Jessica:

hahahah omg, you’re so my imaginary bff :DD

• 2/8/12 14:41 the Muse:
  • 2/8/12 15:16 Michelle:

Right now the 24K Gold Lip Gloss set is selling for $14 at ELF. Yeah, right. Like I’m going to spend $14 on one of their lip gloss sets. IMHO, if it’s not deeply discounted at a sale then forget it. Also IMHO, the Studio line is the only line worth using.

And don’t even get me started on those emails. How can they expect to stay in business if they spam the #@$% out of their customers all the time?!?

• 2/8/12 16:45 the Muse:

I agree, the studio line is superior, the rest, rubbish! agreed again on the emails Michelle, it’s overkill! I’ve unsubscribed too many times to count but still get them!

• 2/8/12 19:52 cat:

Agreed! But I forgive ELF for the barrage of silly emails because I love their brushes. I don’t even like blush all that much but their Mineral Angled Blush Brush is still one of my favorite makeup brushes over Sigma and M.A.C.

• 2/19/12 14:48 Jennie:

I love ELF products, but these e-mails are silly. I do love the coupons though.