Hey There! Hi There!

hi
Hey there!

I feel like I haven’t talked to you all in ages. Sorry. I’ve just been swamped. Life, Work, the Universe…! I hope you’re all doing well and had a lovely Valentine’s Day yesterday.

I have new posts upcoming shortly and I should be back on a more regular post schedule shortly, just been a bit busy and have a lot of catching up to do.

Do say hey in the posts, would love to know how you’ve all been!

Talk soon yes?

P.S. Has anyone gotten fully into Spartacus Vengeance yet? I only watched two episodes but I have to force myself through the third one, it’s crazy boring, confusing, and loss a lot of the original magic. Just seems like I can’t get a handle on the story at all, it’s proving very difficult to follow. No likey! I hope it gets better soon! At least Winter is coming soon!

• 2/15/12 15:38 Candee:

Hey lady! No worries. Time gets away from all of us at some point. Hope you’re doing well :)

• 2/15/12 15:49 the Muse:

I’m great sweets! How are you doing? few yes, I’d like to buy another hour please Pat. :D haha!

• 2/15/12 15:54 Candee702:

I’m doing well. I won a NYX twitter contest today. The prize was their new cream stick blushes. So excited to get those! Having new furniture delivered next week (my V-Day present). Can’t wait for that!

• 2/15/12 16:23 the Muse:

omg the coolness. all the shades? you better share! what kinda of furniture? new bedroom set? romantic ;D hehe.

• 2/15/12 20:51 Candee702:

I believe it’s for all of the shades. We’ll see when they arrive.

New living room furniture. I’ve been wanting some for ever it seems. LOL

• 2/15/12 15:39 ng li:

HEY! Hope u have a Happy Valentine’s as well! =D

• 2/15/12 15:49 the Muse:

it was lovely thanks ng li how was yours?

• 2/15/12 15:43 CupK8:

*waves* Hey Muse!! I feel ya on the crazy life thing. Final semester of grad school, oy. o_o Had a pretty decent Valentine’s Day – my SO sent me sweet messages since we couldn’t be with each other. Hope yours was swell and full of sweet things! I can’t wait to hit up the sale chocolate!

• 2/15/12 15:49 the Muse:

hey cupk8! :-D awww sweet! are you guys terribly far away from each? It was lovely! and hells yes 75% off chocolate gimme!

• 2/15/12 16:04 Michelle:

OMG! SALE CHOCOLATE! Where do I sign up?!?

• 2/15/12 16:24 the Muse:

you know we’ll share with you first michelle ;D

• 2/16/12 1:00 CupK8:

Only a few hours, but with me in school and him working 6 days a week it’s tough for our paths to physically cross. In a few weeks I have Spring Break though!!

Not only is the V-day chocolate on sale, but it is officially Easter candy season. The chocoholic in me loves this time of year.

• 2/15/12 16:29 Littlecreek:

Hey Muse! I feel ya on being busy. One sister in law is going to go into labor at any time and my other sister in law is getting married on the 10th so we’re in the midst of pre-wedding celebrations. And my DH’s b-day is this weekend. So yeah, I feel ya. I know my stress will slow down soon and I hope your does the same. :) Have a great rest of the week!!

• 2/15/12 16:43 the Muse:

congrats littlecreek on the upcoming baby ;-D boy or a girl for her? :) thanks hun I sure do hope so! Going to be nutty until March but I’m awesome, got a little mini getaway upcoming this week/weekend so that will give me some much needed energy!

• 2/16/12 10:06 Littlecreek:

It’s a boy, gonna name him Parker. I’m so pumped to be an aunt! Oooo, getaway sounds nice even if it’s a mini one. Hopefully you’ll get to recharge and be ready to slay dragons, cybermen, paperwork, whatever’s in your path.

• 2/15/12 17:07 Kate:

Hey, glad to see things are going great for you. Things were not so great here, but they are looking up.

When I get my act together, I need to remember to send you a SPF question. I’m going to Hawaii this Summer, and I need something to help protect my pale Alaskan skin.

• 2/15/12 18:31 Nik:

Oh my god!!!!!! My fiancĂ©e and I just finished Game of Thrones an hour ago!!!!!!!!! We have HBO free for 3 months so we created a timer for all! He has read those books about 5 times, now I see why :) So freakin good! Can’t wait till April XD Spartacus has been good too! We just pretend it’s Andy Whitfield…it will get better! Too many have to die still :)

• 2/15/12 21:02 the Muse:

damn he’s my hero I could only get through the books once hehe ;-D I wish I can, but he doesn’t have Andy’s acting abilities, hope it gets better!

• 2/15/12 18:32 Lisa S.:

No probs on the crazy life, mine seems to be crazy lately too.

Spartacus? I hated the first new episode, but I’m starting to warm up to it. Did you watch the ‘mini season” that took place in the time line not too long before Spartacus came to the ludus? It only had six episodes, but it does tie into the new season. It was titled “Spartacus: Gods of the Arena” Originally it was an origin story for everyone that they did so Andy Whitfield could have time to complete cancer treatment. It really does tie in and events there really do play into this season. So if you haven’t seen it, this season could be confusing. The new guy is no Andy Whitfield (so, so sad) but he’s doing a competent job.

• 2/15/12 20:38 the Muse:

can relate lisa ;-D def crazy busy.

I saw Gods of the Arena but it isn’t really pulling together what is happening so far. Blood and Sand didn’t have any of these new characters/gladiators they introduced, it’s kinda an odd group. Yup, I know, pretty sad about him but def can’t get into the new guy sadly, I’m on eppy 3 (haven’t watched it yet) and still kinda meh about the series on a whole. Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena proved great but some of the magic when out of with Vengeance, I’m finding it hard to follow, the new characters that just randomly popped up are kinda meh, just the series on a whole isn’t nearly as good as it was, Hope it gets better!

• 2/15/12 20:02 Misato-san:

the GoT one is the only Winter I want to wait with joy! (it’s so cold here actually…)

• 2/15/12 22:50 Dusty:

Haha! I always read but so rarely comment on blogs! I LOVED this post for the Spartacus mention though! LOL! I haven’t been feeling the new season AT ALL! I’m hoping it gets better but I’m thinking about just skipping this season, wait till it’s out on DVD and then marathoning it (somehow I feel like I’m wasting less time that way – Haha!)

• 2/15/12 22:55 the Muse:

hey dusty! thanks for coming out of lurkdom to discuss Spartacus. omg me too! It feels like it lost direction. The introduction and throw together of the ragtag group of gladiators that weren’t in or mentioned in Blood and Sand is taking me a minute to get used to. There’s no character development there at all. And truly getting used to a new actor playing the part is also really taking alot of getting used as well. Seems like the character isn’t as passionate about getting vengeance for his wife as he was in Blood and Sand!? Even Crixus and Doctore are falling flat for me! they also changed the girl who plays
      Naevia so that’s something else we’ll have to get used to. I dunno they really killed this season for me. BnS and GotA were so much better than this.

• 2/16/12 8:02 Mary The Muse Militant:

Hi Muse, Hope all is well with you. Not happy about my Aidan not being in Being Human anymore and your George is gone too.
    Still though, Sherlock is coming back !!! :)

• 2/16/12 9:48 Joanna M:

Hey hun! I know what you mean. My schedule have been hectic as well. More work and not enough rest :). Hope all is well with you and I do look forward to your up coming post. Have a great day xx

• 2/16/12 11:02 Ruth:

Hello Sweetie! I hope that all is well and don’t fret, we’ll be here when you are able to post again.
    I just put an order from Sephora *squee* and got the new Stila blush but didn’t get the blush/gloss combo since I have enough lip products to last until the zombies come. Also, there’s a new Nars eyeshadow Lhasa, that I purchased on the recommendation of a vlogger(CamiLovesKiwi) that I adore.
    Have you watched the new ep of The Walkind Dead? so good!

• 2/16/12 21:11 catazure:

I understand the crazies – I have been working out of town AND in another time zone this week and will have the same next week. Reading old ‘Muse’ posts has been my daily treat:)

• 2/17/12 13:54 Suzanne:

Hi Muse :)

I agree! Spartacus this season is so dragging! I so miss last year. Its almost like they brought in a whole new team of writers that havent a clue as to whats going on or feel of the last seasons…

THANK U for this post! THought I was the only one not feelin it.

• 2/17/12 17:07 Kimryan8:

Hi Muse!

Since you are all things Brit – thought I’d share that I was at The Darkness concert at the Metro on Saturday night. They rocked (of course) and I love hearing Justin talk!

Have a good weekend!

• 2/18/12 7:56 Michelle:

Hey BTW Muse I FINALLY got my hands on some Revlon Lip Butters! :) They had BOGO 50% off @ CVS this week so that wasn’t a bad deal. I ended up getting Sugar Frosting, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet, and Fig Jam and I love them ALL! Sugar Frosting is great if you’re running out the door in your sweats to do errands or something and you want just a little color on your lips…and IMHO as so many others have said Fig Jam looks scary brown in the tube but on my lips it’s a nice warmish berry and very wearable. I wouldn’t call it a dupe for Black Honey though as IMHO that’s a bit on the purplish-plummier side. Who knows, I may go back and get more…they are all so gorgeous! Thanks for reviewing and swatching! :)

• 2/18/12 17:00 jerseygrrrl78:

That’s a shame about Spartacus, I heard such good things about it. In any case I haven’t really been watching too much TV lately, got a PS3 for Christmas and have since lost my life to Dragon Age, soooo good!