New Packaging for Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks

New Packaging for Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips Cheeks

Bobbi’s popular Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks gets some brand new duds for Spring 2012. Dropping the pot and the screw top lid (although “pot” remains in the name) the new Rouge is now housed in a compact that flips open.

Pot Rouge has always been such a huge size so I’m wondering if the newer packaging might be decreasing the size. I, for one, wouldn’t mind since I always find it challenging to actually finish one of these.

Shades:

• Blushed Rose
  • Calypso Cora
  • Chocolate Cherry
  • Fresh Melon
  • Milk Chocolate
  • Pale Pink
  • Powder Pink
  • Raspberry
  • Rose
  • Uber Beige

The newly designed Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks are available now at BobbiBrown.com

Note: Old size versus new size and price is discussed in the comments below.

• 2/27/12 10:40 Sarita:

Hi Muse, it does decrease the size. I checked my new with my old – ordered the Soft Melon and Uber Beige and it’s considerably less. The new one is .13 oz and the old ones, I don’t know right off since I’m at work but they are quite a bit more. I don’t think there was a price decrease though….

• 2/27/12 10:44 the Muse:

hi sarita originally I believe they were $28 but can’t recall the site, at my office and don’t have one handy either at the moment. I’m happy about the smaller size, I’ve always found it hard to finish one off!

• 2/27/12 10:57 Cj:

I might give fresh melon a go, I’m on a search for the perfect light peach blush with a hint of pink. I’ve bought so many blushes this month it’s not even funny lol

• 2/27/12 11:19 Anna:

The original size was 0.38oz (I’m looking at the Sephora site) and was $24. The new one is 0.13oz and is also $24.

I find that a little ridiculous. >< They essentially took out 2/3 of the product, made a lid, and then charged the same price. Wahh!! Although I suppose that would help us throw things out more close to their expiration date?? (Trying to see the positives hahaha).

• 2/27/12 11:27 the Muse:

I’m kinda happy and not happy about it Anna. I always find it hard to use it all, but sad the smaller size remains the same price darn!

• 2/27/12 13:10 Tammie:

Yeah that annoys me too…one thing I really liked about the Pot Rouges were the size! Even if you can’t finish it, it still made it a good deal. I think they should have at least done a “good will” price lowering to $20 or so to show that they lowered the price with the amount of product you receive since obviously they aren’t going to lower the price 2/3 of what it was before.

That being said, I am curious to try Raspberry if it’s the same as the previous LE one that I was never able to get…it was really pretty.

• 2/27/12 11:21 Anna:

Also, I will mention that they released a shade named “Raspberry,” which used to be limited edition and was pretty hard to find. So yay for a bigger range, perhaps? =)

• 2/27/12 11:25 Sarita:

Hi Muse, I just found a few of the old style on Sephora and they are $24.00 and .38 oz.

• 2/27/12 11:27 the Muse:

thanks hun! that helps ;-D guess price remains the same, but decrease in size!

• 2/27/12 17:13 Melissa:

The formulation seems different. These are more sheer.

• 2/28/12 9:12 JenJ:

Well then! Hmph! I was wondering what the new packaging was going to be. I can get with decreasing the amount of product but to keep the price the same come on! I figured the formulation was going to be different too -_______-

• 2/28/12 12:37 Tammie:

Saw these are Nordstrom last night…not at all impressed by the size, they are very tiny now. Raspberry didn’t impress me much either, so I guess I’ll stick to the ones I have and when I run out…who knows…

• 2/28/12 16:07 Majick:

they are probably going to say something like the new packaging costs more to make or something. Frankly I would prefer a LOT of stuff to be smaller sizes AND a smaller price tag to match. I would probably buy more anyway.

I always hate when they “super size” something to the point that you have to throw it out because it just gets old before it can be used. I know… sales and marketing…;-)

• 3/1/12 14:48 Lauren:

I just talked to my MUA friend at Nordstrom and she said the new colors — Raspberry, Rose, etc. — are the same shades as those LE shades from years ago. Just this morning I rediscovered my Rosy Lip Tint (which is so perfect I don’t know why I ever put it down) and I’m excited to go out and find a new Pot Rouge to wear with it! I don’t mind about the size reduction; I’ve never gotten through even 1/10 of one, not even the gorge Blushed Rose, and I like the idea of the flip-top and mirror. It’s true, though, that even making them $20/$22 would have been a classy thing to do.

Ms. Muse, will you be swatching these?

• 5/14/13 23:45 Lisa:

Wow, how disappointing. I have been using a Bobbi Brown Rouge and Lip Pot for several years, which was .38 oz. The new packaging is .13 oz. for the same price. I ordered the Raspberry Rouge Pot online which I was very excited about. The color seems kind of matte, not impressed with packaging or this product. Older Rouge Pot seemed to have a little bit more shine. This will be going back. I can’t justify the expense for such a small amount of product. Seems excessive. Sad.