Philosophy Divine Flawless Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Philosophy Divine Flawless Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Higher levels of SPF are typically found in tinted moisturizers. Seems like SPF remains the most stable in tinted moisturizers and wears the best. I notice anything with a high level of SPF in a foundation either gives my face a white cast or ends up separating the foundation formula.

I do think that, what I dubbed the “year of the SPF”, will continue this Summer with foundations sporting higher and higher sun protection. Last Summer, SPF took front seat and we saw SPF products with levels of 50 and above. The year before, it seemed 30 and under were the trend. Granted, this is within the US of course.

Lucky enough, someone finally woke up, and last Summer we saw some great products with higher levels of SPF than ever before.

That’s why I’m quite excited to check out the new Philosophy Divine Flawless Foundation which sports a whooping SPF 50. This is possibly the highest level of SPF I’ve ever seen in a foundation product here in the US market.

Take a look!

Here’s the key words, “moderate, buildable coverage” hmmm…I guess this leans towards being more of a tinted moisturizer after all. But hey, SPF 50 ladies.

Philosophy Divine Flawless Foundation promises a formula that will be suitable for all skin types with buildable, lightweight coverage that perfects and protects skin in one application.

It features antioxidants and peptides to help firm and protect skin.

I guess you have absolutely no reason to skip out on SPF now, especially in a formula that sounds so divine.

Count me curious.

Available in three shades for $38 exclusively at QVC.com

What do you think?

Interested in checking it out?

• 2/21/12 15:04 Cj:

Pfft. The new skin79 bb cream has SPF50 + awesome coverage for half the price lol! Did you see my comment about what I thought of it? It’s in the Bobbi brown post :)

• 2/21/12 15:12 the Muse:

hey sweetpea! ;-D yeah but this is local, some folks hate going through the airmail process;D! but agreed, I’m positive the Skin79 is superior! no! not yet, I’m backed up on comments again *hangs head in shame* I need an intern ;D!

• 2/21/12 15:55 kiwikiwidragon:

i think the new BB is on their US website, although still an online purchase

• 2/21/12 16:02 the Muse:

I didn’t see it ?

• 2/21/12 16:13 kiwikiwidragon:

• 2/21/12 19:47 Barbara:

I went to the Bobbi Brown post to read it, but I couldn’t find it. Was it deleted?

• 2/21/12 17:01 Alicia:

Any idea of the ingredients? Some chemical sunscreens with an spf that high can really “burn”, no pun intended. I see that it is advertised as broad-spectrum, so I wonder if it is a physical/chemical combo. I’ve been combining a La Roche Posay sunscreen with tinosorbs with a bit of Smashbox BB cream for optimal coverage. Thanks!

• 2/21/12 17:15 the Muse:

no word yet sorry hun. if I hear anything will give the word.

• 2/22/12 4:36 Ekta:

I hate thick SPFs as well as using a lot of product on my skin so i’m definitely interested in checking this out! :)

• 2/22/12 7:20 Nikki:

I want to try the new skin79 bb cream so bad! It looks awesome!

• 2/22/12 14:34 sarah:

just called philosophy’s customer service and the sunscreen ingredients are titanium dioxide/iznc oxide

• 2/23/12 19:54 Phyrra:

I have the Philosophy Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer in Extra Light, which works really well for me. I like the sound of this and the SPF 50 is AWESOME, but I’d be worried that it was too dark.

• 2/27/12 3:05 Maggie:

Whoa…I didn’t even realize Philosophy released a TM. I should check it out…the Laura Mercier one sometimes flakes on me…