The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection 7

Ok, this is probably a major sin, but…

Gulp!

I don’t watch Mad Men.

Am I missing something terribly brilliant?

I might not watch the show but I’m craving the Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection.

Oh yes, please.

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection 2

Take a look!

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection is a new limited edition makeup collection inspired by the award winning drama, Mad Men. Estee Lauder partners with Mad Men and will introduce two new limited edition makeup collections that will debut in March just in time for the Season Five premiere. The second makeup collection will coincide with the 2013 Season Six premiere.

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection 1

The first collection is a selection of two classic makeup items inspired by the look of the 60′s in a New York setting. Bold, red lips and rouged cheeks.

Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection Lipstick in Cherry ($25) features a cream satin finish and continual moisture delivered to lips for smooth, rich color. While the Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection Creme Rouge ($40) in Evening Rose is an easily blendable and buildable formula that highlights cheeks with a dewy, smooth and natural finish.

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection 6

The Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection 3

The collection will be available for a limited time starting this March at Bloomingdales stores as well as online at www.bloomingdales.com and www.esteelauder.com.

What do you think of these pieces?

Love classic makeup products?

Love the show?

Do share!

• 2/22/12 12:36 Corey:

Hi!( Love the blog, check it every day)

I don’t watch Mad Men either, I’ve tried-but it’s too much talking and no one on the show has any redeeming qualities, in fact they are all rather deplorable…. the makeup and fashion however, I am excited about. (I’d much rather watch Downton Abbey, Sons of Anarchy, or Community!)

The packaging on this line is delish though! Have a lovely day!

• 2/22/12 12:56 the Muse:

aw thanks corey cheers! ;-D awwww that’s not good. I’ve always wanted to sit and watch it but just never gave it a sec. I watched Pan Am for that reason, loved the makeup and fashion!

Downtown Abbey! Squee! love ;-D

You too dear, weekend looms ahead ;D!

• 2/22/12 12:52 Eve:

I don’t watch it either. I have no idea what it’s even about!
    The packaging is pretty but I can’t pull off warms anyways.

• 2/22/12 13:07 18thCenturyFox:

I adore the show. It’s clever, engaging and offers a very fun glimpse into a very different time in America. So much fun, and lots of well written characters. Plus the period costuming is beautifully done. I may have to get this. Muse the show is very much worth watching. I think I went through three seasons in a few days, I just couldn’t stop!

• 2/22/12 13:09 the Muse:

really? maybe I’ll grab a season off apple tv and see what I think!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D!

• 2/22/12 13:09 Chels:

Muse! Shame on you! Watch it! Its SO GOOD. At first, I was a skeptic too, but 2 episodes in and I was hooked. Like can’t-continue-with-my-normal-life-till-I’m-caught-up hooked. I’d like to think we have the same taste in telly as well, Dr. Who, Downtown Abbey, GoT… GIVE IT A CHAAANCEEE

And EL really outdid themselves on the packaging. It’s so beautiful!

• 2/22/12 13:16 the Muse:

hey chels, uh oh ;-D I guess I need to. I’ll download a season or two on apple tv and see what the hype is! hey, anyone who loves DW, DA, and GOT must know good tv *wink* ;-D

I think so, very retro looking packaging!

• 2/22/12 13:14 Sarah S.:

In spite of adoring the makeup and costumes, I don’t watch it, either! And yet want this, lol

• 2/22/12 13:18 Mal @ The Chic Geek:

I love that lipstick!

• 2/22/12 13:46 Susan Lewis:

Sigh, I am boycotting Estee Lauder and all their companies due to their recent actions reinstating animal testing. I so love their cosmetics but can’t see beyond their decision to start this torture back up after 20 years. They are on PETA’s bad list now, along with Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique and all the other EL companies. Such a bad marketing decision.

• 2/22/12 15:49 Chels:

Good to know Susan. Thanks for the heads up! I’ve never bought MAC or Bobbi Brown before so I guess this isn’t the time to start!

I will protect the bunnies of the world! LOL

• 2/22/12 21:18 18thCenturyFox:

Well Susan thanks for the heads up. I read the article on Forbes and posted to my FB. I have enough cosmetics to last a lifetime and unfortunately the manufacturing laws in China don’t reflect my values. I bought some Stila today and made sure the eyeliners I bought were made in Italy. However after I purchase them I realized those travel palettes are made in China. Until China changes their laws regarding cosmetic testing, I am pretty comfortable enjoying the Muse’s blog and using what I have.

• 2/22/12 19:51 Jane:

If products are sold in China, by Chinese law they must be tested on animals. You are going to have to expand your boycott list to anyone who sells makeup in China.

• 2/23/12 16:48 Christina:

oh no! I did not know about Bobbi Brown and Mac!! my favorite brands aside Urban decay, which I knows says is cruelty-free.. damn! why do they do that – I’d so love to continue buying the brand, but I hate animal testing for beauty. It could not be more wrong imo.

• 2/22/12 14:23 breyerchic04:

In love with the packaging! The colors are pretty too, but I have pretty similar colors, so if I bought it, it’d be for packaging.

• 2/22/12 14:31 Jessica:

Muse, I was late to the series but am glad I took a chance on it. It’s well written, engaging, and the fashions rock. I think you’ll like it.
    This collection might get me to an Estée Lauder counter for the first time in years

• 2/22/12 14:40 the Muse:

jessica def going to check it out ;-D sounds good with all the raving here :D!

• 2/22/12 15:02 Lisa S.:

Take a chance! This show is so well written. The characters are not black and white caricatures but are fascinating shades of grey and capable of acting deplorably and then totally redeeming themselves and vice versa.
    And while I wouldn’t want to go back to that time period for realsies, I would totally love that “done” feeling in fashion to come back. Every thing is so droopy and unconstructed now that it feels sometimes like everyday is sweats day! And don’t get me started on how many women I know act like ironing clothes is like taming rattlesnakes.
    Ok, I’m gonna go hide in my tastefully furnished cave and grumble for the rest of the day about young’uns. ;0)

• 2/22/12 16:01 Caroline:

You’re so lucky! I would buy the whole collection just because it’s MAD MEN! Well, at least one item! I bet this collection won’t show up internationally….

• 2/22/12 16:12 Nina:

Oh my goodness, Muse!! You must must catch up on this wonderful and intelligent series. You really need to see it from the beginning in order to appreciate the characters and the nuances. Mad Men is truly one of the most astounding TV shows ever – the social commentary, the visual depiction of the early-mid 1960s – it;s amazing. Thank you so much for bringing this EL min-collection to our attention- I must have it!!

• 2/22/12 17:34 Liz:

I love the collection! And I adore the show. Yes, it can be a little talky, but the payoff is well worth it. It’s a brilliant show. I must admit I like Roger more than I do Don, though.

As I said, I love vintage-looking products, as a vintage fashion enthusiast. Can see shelling out for the lipstick (cherry, my color!), but I think the blush might be a lil much. Can you think of any dupes for it?

• 3/13/12 16:36 the Muse:

mmm not at the moment sadly, not sure of a dupe for this one!

• 2/22/12 17:37 elizabeth:

You are definitely missing out! I didn’t start watching until last summer when I finally gave in to my mom’s pestering to watch. I think I watched all four season on netflix in like 2 months, I was completely addicted after the first couple of episodes! I don’t think I’ll be buying any of it because of the company’s change in animal testing policy though.

• 3/13/12 16:37 the Muse:

no kid sounds good elizabeth ;-D everyone keeps talking about it and I feel like I’m missing out ;D

• 2/22/12 17:42 StellaDiva:

I love the show. But these colors are not at all MadMen-ish. That bright red lipstick that everyone wore. Maybe it’s my computer screen but I don’t see it.

• 2/23/12 9:38 Nina:

Yes – The colors used by the makeup artists on the show lean much more towards the orangey side of the reds. I believe that may be because of how the lighting and cameras affect the colors.

• 2/22/12 19:19 Kerstan:

Already have mine on the way – love the show can’t wait for these items and the new season! Mad men is amazing.

• 2/22/12 19:37 AngelicBetrayal:

I recently fell in love with Mad Men last month and it’s a great show! I’m not too keen on the packaging on these unfortunately so I’ll probably pass :(

• 2/22/12 20:17 isabella:

don’t watch MM but the packaging and the ad is just too cute

• 2/23/12 0:07 Angelica:

The first two seasons were good, the third, not so much. Just don’t get too invested if you love it! :)

• 2/23/12 2:31 Audrey H.:

I enjoy watching Mad Men but usually wait till its out on dvd to see it since I dont get that channel. Love this Mad Men le from EL, am a fan of vintage looking packaging and would adore these! <3

• 2/23/12 3:18 Melissa:

Yes and Yes. I was a late comer to this show but it is one of the few I actually watch regularly. I dvr a bazillion shows but I hardly every watch half of the programs. I need this make up its perdie and oh so glam-retro too!

• 2/23/12 9:28 deb:

I’ve never seen Mad Men, but I did pre-order the blush! I love cream blushes and I love the packaging too!

• 2/23/12 11:13 Comrade Garlic:

I pre-ordered the collection. I really like the old style EL packaging.

• 2/23/12 15:52 Bonnie:

Mad Men forever. It’s SO good. I own every season on Blu-Ray!

• 2/24/12 17:03 Liz:

Hm, funny. I could’ve sworn I had posted a comment here. Wonder where it went? Too bad, as I’ve always liked your blog. I can’t understand why you would delete my comment, as all I did was talk positively about this collection. And if it is my email address name, I’ve had that for over ten years, and has nothing to do with your blog. Oh well.

• 3/13/12 16:30 the Muse:

hi liz prob waiting for me to reply, comments aren’t deleted unless there is some sort of verbal attack against me or others. So long as it was a friendly comment it’ll get posted, I just have to get to approving them, sometimes I get behind as I get 300-500 daily comments. Not sure what you mean about your email address? Clueless sorry.