Ulta Extreme Wear Whipped Eyeshadow

Ulta Extreme Wear Whipped Eyeshadow 2012
Ulta has a brand new whipped eyeshadow that has me curious, merely curious as I probably won’t indulge, tell you why in a sec.

The product promises an all day, crease-free wear.

Take a look!

These $8 each and available at a Buy 2, Get 2 Free discount which breaks them down to a mere $4 each. The bargain is fabulous and shades like Chocolate Mousse and Cream Puff are appealing.

The formula however….

Mmm I dunno. It looks more suitable for a blush than an eye product. The whipped texture doesn’t look so whipped but more of a thicker liquid. I imagine these will prove challenge to blend due to the thicker consistency of the formula and perhaps pigmentation may be a bit limited as well.

I’d be surprised if they turned out incredible.

I wasn’t willing to take the chance though.

Ulta Extreme Wear Whipped Eyeshadow 8

• Cream Puff
  • Strawberry Cream
  • Berry Meringue
  • Chocolate Mousse

These are available now at Ulta and Ulta.com

What do you think?

By the way, whatcha think of Madonna’s Half time moment? I thought she was a bit stiff, robotic almost. And the Jay Leno commercial…corny…!

• 2/6/12 10:46 Nana:

LOL I liked the commercial XDDD
    Cheese is what i live for~! And I thought she did really good in her halftime performance… But the actual only reason I watched the half time was for Nicki <3 :D

PS: GO GIANTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 2/6/12 11:12 the Muse:

lol me too, love the cheese factor ;-D

• 2/6/12 10:52 tiny:

Those remind me of the Mac eyeshadows that came out a few months ago.. you know.. the ones that were an EPIC fail? Yeah.. those.

• 2/6/12 11:12 the Muse:

exactly LOL!!!!!!

• 2/6/12 11:32 Cosmetics Aficionado:

I thought the same thing! Look like Big Bounce shadows.

• 2/6/12 11:45 tiny:

THANK YOU! I could not for the life of me remember what they were called.. I kept wanting to say big bouncy shadows.. but… that’s maybellines new blush thingies.. so I knew that was wrong! :P

• 2/6/12 10:54 Karyn:

Aw I loved the Madonna performance! I thought she was great given the fact she had messed up her hamstring in rehearsals for it so had to compensate a bit. Vogue can do no wrong in my book.

That eyeshadow looks like it’d be a mess to blend. Whipped = better on the cheeks where you have room to maneuver says I.

• 2/6/12 11:12 the Muse:

my sis was telling me that this morning, I didn’t even know. She was a bit stiff so I guess it was due to her injury.

Amen, agreed! they look goopey as hell!

• 2/6/12 11:13 Alicia:

I’m not one for bold eyeshadow, but Tiramasu Cream looks nice. About Madonna, I agree with you about her being stiff. She is also just too old to look OK with pompoms.

• 2/6/12 11:17 the Muse:

mmmm wasn’t so much her age just out of character for her, pom poms and madonna? Nay! :) haha. I don’t necessarily think you’d every too old for anything but out of character for her for sure :)

I agree, looks very nice, but prob applies like crap!

• 2/6/12 11:50 breyerchic04:

While it was pretty clear the Big Bounce shadows sucked, I have heard wonderful reviews of a Rimmel shadow with a similar formulation that has not become available in the US. So maybe worth one?

• 2/6/12 11:58 the Muse:

breyer those were actually available here a while back ago, I remember having an aqua one ;D!

• 2/6/12 12:04 Tina:

These look interesting and I’ll probably try it out.

Jane had/has a similar product and it was pretty much a bust product. It creased big time and I’ve heard others saying it burned their lids like a mofo. I was kinda scared lol and returned mine.

• 2/6/12 19:20 aquahartz:

ooooo the cover at first glance looks like bodyshop, i thought bodyshop came out with a new cream eyeshadow. and these reminds me of the MAC version. I wonder if they r as flop/ successful as MAC ones.. lol.

• 2/7/12 20:17 Phyrra:

I picked up the Berry Meringue to test out. The MUAs at Ulta assures me it dries down to a powder finish and doesn’t stay wet. I just tested it on the back of my hand and it dried down pretty fast. I’ll have to test it on my eyes, but I think it may actually work :)

• 2/8/12 11:13 the Muse:

Looking forward to the good word Court! I mizz you btw *kisses you* where you been?

• 2/9/12 21:27 Phyrra:

I’ll send you an email, I’ve been reading, sporadically, on my Kindle fire, but not able to comment hardly at all, or read as much as I’d like.

• 2/9/12 22:43 Phyrra:

Ok I sent you two emails :)

*hug*

• 2/9/12 8:15 Jane:

The colors look lovely, especially for a quick brushless application.

Madonna….Oy vey!

• 2/9/12 10:01 the Muse:

say that again Jane lol!

• 2/22/12 10:19 winni:

So I was at Ulta yesterday, and I tested these. They are amazing. They dry down pretty quickly and stay put! I tested tiramisu cream on my oily lids sans primer, and it didn’t budge til I took it off at home. I’m going back for tiramisu cream, it is a gorgeous taupe-ish color. Texture feels a little weird; but these are nowhere near the failtacular that was MAC Big Bounce. Now, I don’t know how they would blend with other colors and in the end I prefer a cream eyeshadow texture over this weird whipped; but count me a fan. It is funny ‘cuz the first thing I thought was “I have to tell Miss Muse!” Ha.

• 3/16/12 9:12 Mary:

I bought one in Berry Trifle since Ulta was having a bogo sale. As soon as I got home, I tested it on my eyes. This was the worse shadow ever. As soon as I put it on and waited for it to dry, it flaked out….TERRIBLY. The color is not pigmented and if you tried to blend it in any way, the color will start to move and eventually fall off. I was going to return it but I tossed the receipt. I had high hopes that it would work for me but I lost out.

• 5/17/13 16:39 Mary:

I actually got it with a free purchase deal (12pc gift by ULTA)… the color that was available to me at the store was cream puff, which i really liked. But as i took it home to use i swear for the life of me… i do not know how to use it >< please someone help… i don't know if it's the product itself or its me but when i swatched it on my hands it's cakey and sticky and the consistency is like marshmellow… =[ please teach me how to use it correctly.. oh and as it dries it does not go on fully on my eyelids or my hands and it gets cakey as well when dried.. blotches of the eye shadows everywhere… it was hard to take off. Thanks a bunches!!! the rest of the gifts were wonderful! I loved the coral neutral tones in this spring seasons collection =)

• 5/17/13 16:40 Mary:

different mary btw and email than the one above me ><