Beauty News: The Body Shop Now Sold at Ulta

The Body Shop Now Sold at Ulta

The Body Shop invaded Sephora last year much to our surprise and this Spring you’ll see all your favorites being sold at Ulta.

Yup, The Body Shop will be sold at Ulta Boutiques and is already popping up online at Ulta.com

What do you think of Body Shops products at Sephora and Ulta?

Does it make you less likely to visit a Body Shop Boutique?

Love the one stop shop mentality?

Do share!

• 3/6/12 13:09 Comrade Garlic:

I wondered where TBS was going to go now that Sephora dropped them. I don’t think I’ve been in an actual Body Shop in close to 20 years. Seeing it at Sephora reminded me why. The products really haven’t changed at all. Maybe they will do better at Ulta.

• 3/6/12 13:44 Michelle:

I love the TBS Shimmer Cubes and I’m sad that I didn’t snatch some up before some of their really pretty quads were discontinued. Maybe I’ll find some new favorites now.

• 3/6/12 14:51 Noelle:

Sephora dropped TBS? Holy cow. I really love the body butters & shower gels.
    I hope that Ulta doesn’t put TBS items in fine print excluding them from coupons.

• 3/6/12 15:26 Michelle:

Knowing Ulta’s history with “prestige” items, they will. :(

• 3/6/12 21:54 Rose:

The Body Shop at my mall closed over 2 years ago and their products started showing up at our Sephora this year. The Body Shop was never a must shop for me. I had no idea they’re being dropped by Sephora -is this confirmed?
    I think they’ll definitely fit in better at Ulta though. Ulta’s a more well-rounded shop for all beauty and bodycare needs at all budgets. At Sephora I mainly go for makeup and skincare products, I hardly consider their bodycare products for purchase though.

• 3/7/12 5:54 Cindy:

Really off-topic, but yesterday i came home from 9 days Orlando, it was the first USA for me (i’m Dutch) and wow, i love the USA, alle people are so friendly!

And i went to Ulta, make up heaven!!!!

• 3/7/12 9:55 the Muse:

YAY cindy! did you have fun? So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay ;D

• 3/7/12 11:47 Cindy:

Yay, it was amazing, i wanna go back :-)

• 3/7/12 11:51 the Muse:

hehe brilliant ;-D

• 3/7/12 20:23 Holly:

Hmmm… I used to love the Body Butters, but I haven’t really been excited about Body Shop stuff in a long time – probably haven’t been interested much since I last walked into a store several years ago. I don’t even know where there is a Body Shop boutique near me anymore (kind of sad b/c I recall rather enjoying some of their shampoos/conditioners).

• 3/8/12 0:08 Ruthless:

I love Body Shop body butters, always have. Since we don’t have Ulta in Canada that I know of I doubt it will affect TBS much up here-the only downside I can see is that going into an actual BS store they have all kinds of promos running, I got a tub of the chocolate body butter the other week for 10 bucks-I hope they don’t get rid of free standing stores, I doubt Sephora will ever run those kinds of deals

• 3/8/12 21:21 SJG:

I saw this the other day and about fell over that TBS was diffusing their products in this way. They were never sold at any of the Sephoras near me. I guess I don’t understand what the point is if you own your own store – and make a big deal out of being green, eco-friendly, concerned about causes etc. It’s kind of like talking out of both sides of your mouth to affiliate yourself with a store that may sell products that don’t have the same views.