MAC Reel Sexy Collection

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 3

Oh no.

They’re back.

I absolutely hated the first round of MAC Pro Palette Duos. The formula was just craptastic.

MAC Reel Sexy Collection features more of the same.

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 2

The MAC Reel Sexy Collection launches May 2012 but thankfully this isn’t MAC’s officially Summer 2012 Collection, no worries.

Take a look.

The eyes of the world depend only on the long-awaited Oscar ceremony. Had as may be MAC inspired by this event, we will surpass 2012 with Reel Sexy. A collection as alluring and extravagant as a private performance at the movies. A bold, brilliant and not least, sexy look that impressed with intense and bright red berries and coral tones. Shine in the lead roles: strong Nail Lacquer, perfectly balanced eye shadow duos, Mineralize Skinfinish Lipsticks and exciting for a Hollywood-style kiss!

MAC Reel Sexy Eyeshadow Duo

• Dynamic Duo 1 – coral with yellow pearlized pigments (pearl veluxe) / purple (matte)
  • Dynamic Duo 2 – purple with pearlized pigments duo chrome (frost) / purple (matte)
  • Dynamic Duo 3 – mid-tone purple (veluxe pearl) / teal blue (matte)
  • Dynamic Duo 4 – mid-tone pink (satin) / blackened purple (matte)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 9

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 8

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 7

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 6

MAC Reel Sexy Eye Khol

• Smolder – intense black (Permanent)
  • Heirloom – a highly metallicized greyed lavender (Repromote)
  • Resort – deep plum amethyst
  • Hyacinth – mid-tone blue (Permanent)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 5

MAC Reel Sexy Lipstick

• Pink Popcorn – lavender (Luster)
  • Tube Sexy-light bright coral (Amplified)
  • Watch Me Simmer – bright pink-orange (Amplified) (Repromote)
  • Heroine – bright purple plum (Matte)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 10

MAC Reel Sexy Cremesheen Glass

• Private Screening – mid-tone peach
  • Cinestyle – mid-tone blue gray violet
  • Color Saturation – dark cool wine
  • Star Quality – bright orange coral

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 4

MAC Reel Sexy Mineralize Skinfinish
Lightscapade – soft beige candlelight with multi-dimensional shimmer (Repromote)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 11

MAC Reel Sexy Blush

• Pink Cult – mid-tone neutral pink (Matte) (Repromote)
  • Magenta – bright magenta (Matte) (Repromote)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 1

MAC Reel Sexy Nail Lacquer

• Screening Room – bright mid-tone teal (Cream)
  • Vivid Effect – vivid orange coral (Cream)
  • In the Dark … Purple – vivid violet (Cream)

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 12

MAC Reel Sexy Zoom Lash Mascara

MAC Reel Sexy Collection 13

I’m not sure I need anything here.

And you?

Wouldn’t it be great if MAC Summer 2012 was all about orange-y corals and peaches?

Yes, please.

Stay tuned….it’s getting closer and closer now!

images/info via chic profile

• 3/16/12 9:30 Cj:

Good morning Muse :) I’m gonna get pink cult and lightscapade to have as back ups since their both amazing, Other than that the only other thing that catches my eye is the peach gloss. What’s the difference between cremesheen glass and regular lipglasses?

Btw you got a couple typos in there (creemsheem and lightscape) Too early huh? :P

• 3/16/12 9:33 the Muse:

way too early ;-D hehe. creamsheen is milky, no shimmer, about the same tack/stick as lipglass although a little bit thicker, cream finish versus lipglass which I find thinner and obviously available in an array of finishes. ;-D

• 3/16/12 10:27 kimkats:

Ugh… nothing there interests me. But what is that giant purple thing that’s about to devour the model?? Kinda scary looking! :D

• 3/16/12 12:13 Nikki:

It’s a flying purple people eater!! Haha

• 3/16/12 10:38 Kim:

Watch Me Simmer! Hopefully, I can get it this time since I missed it the last time. Lightscapade is also calling me. :)

• 3/16/12 10:47 Rawr:

oh please, no more eyeliners -.-
    Question: Did you buy Viva Glam Nicki?? I have not seen any mention of it in your posts ^_^

• 3/16/12 10:53 the Muse:

hi rawr, no, the shade was a bit too mod for me and the clear gloss from ricki was kinda meh.

• 3/16/12 16:30 Rawr:

ahhhhhhh ok :)

• 3/16/12 11:33 Maggie:

Oh, definitely need a few things from this one. Like the lipsticks and nail lacquers! WTF is with Lightscapade, though? Hasn’t that been repromoted in like 3 other collections lately?

• 3/16/12 11:41 the Muse:

it feels like it maggie. I think I have two already eep!

• 3/16/12 11:36 Lori:

LOVE your site SO much! U r on top of everything! One tiny thing I would do however, is to have the names of the products correspond to the pictures in order, so we know what name goes with what pic as oppose to having to assume based on color description! :) don’t know how you get all your info so quick but keep it coming! I check in twice a day!

• 3/16/12 11:40 the Muse:

sorry lori I am so legendary for doing that. apologies! I’ll def try to improve that. I just want to get the info up as quick as possibly and sometimes don’t put things in order ;-D

and thanks! You are lovely for saying so xoxox!

• 3/16/12 11:56 Maggie:

Oh crud – Muse, did you have any idea Estree Lauder had resumed testing on animals after not doing it for ages? Guess I won’t be getting anything from this collection after all :( I can’t believe they would start up animal testing after NOT using it for so long. Awful!

• 3/16/12 12:16 Erin:

I agree with you…no more of these Duos! However, I am excited for the lipstick and Cremesheen shades, I will be picking out some pinks from these products. I also like both the teal and violet nail polish shades. I don’t know that I NEED these products since none of them are very unique but I like many of them.

• 3/16/12 14:15 Nar:

Dammit! I was hoping for eye- scorching neons from the promo image. Boo.

• 3/16/12 14:32 JoElla:

Are they launching things every week now?

I will admit I am interested in some of the lipsticks.

• 3/17/12 21:27 gabriella:

Haha, seems like it, huh? I’m new to mac, so all this is new and exciting for me lol

• 3/16/12 17:25 Lisa:

Tube Sexy looks nice! & I did not expect them to repromote Watch me Simmer so soon since it was just a few collections ago and just came out about a month ago!

• 3/16/12 23:51 Hoang:

The eyeshadows.. at least they aren’t Mineralized..
    I foresee that all of the lipsticks and Lightscapade will once again, sell out within the first couple of days online. I get why they repromoted Lightscapade again but I really don’t see the infatuation with the shade.. at all.
    I am in the minority but I personally am tired of the bright lipsticks phase. MAC has been putting these out time and time again from Quite Cute, Fall Colour, Iris Apfel, Shop/Cook, Chenman etc.! At least they are good quality but the color choice is getting kinda boring.
    Pink Popcorn sounds intriguing but just because I love lavender. (sounds like another in the shade family of Quite Cute, Lavender Whip, Budding Love, etc.)
    Private Screening and Cinestyle Cremesheen Glasses look like my kind of products though!

• 3/17/12 14:35 Joan:

Cant’ keep up with all the Mac products that come out. Definitely want at least one of these blushes and one Cremesheen and lipstick. Don’t know what I did before finding this site to get all the great info, reviews and advance notice of new products coming out. I guess maybe I saved some money! LOL! I’ve been on other sites, but this is by far the bestest!

• 3/17/12 15:26 suzanne:

Love heirloom pencil. Its a great eye opening shade for mature eyes. Gonna have to grab lightcapade and simmer missed em both last time

• 3/17/12 18:17 Ashley:

I…don’t like this promo image… lol I don’t think the model looks good at all (in either an artistic or a beautiful way). Not a fan of the duo eyeshadows either.
    Excited about By Request though. :)

• 3/17/12 21:16 gabriella:

I want lightscapade! I’m in the market for a new face highlighter and have heard good things about this one. I also and interested in the liners, including the permenant ones, since I don’t have any of the mac kohl liners and have been trying to build my liner collection. I’ll wait for swatches though! I’m curious about tube sexy… Though I can never pull off oranges/corals, no matter how hard I try :(

• 3/18/12 0:03 Angelic Mariposa })Ӝ({:

I NEED WATCH ME SIMMER!!

• 3/18/12 17:44 Amandale:

ANOTHER “Heroine” LS? One came out with the “Wonder Woman” collection but it was a different color completely. Come on MAC, you really could think of any other names? Gah!