Marc Jacobs Splash Tropical Collection 2012

Marc Jacobs Splash Tropical Collection 2012 2

It’s that special time of the year again kids.

Marc Jacobs Splash time.

Joy!

Marc Jacobs Splash Tropical Collection is the newest selection of splashes launching this Spring/Summer 2012. The most interesting news about these new splashes is the size change.

Take a peek!

The Tropical Splash Collection with feature one old scent as well as two new ones. Rain is an old fragrance from 2006 and returns in a new format with this release and new splashes Kumquat and Hibiscus round out the trio.

Rain

• Top notes: wild strawberry, clementine, cypress
  • Heart: orchid, passion flower, sunflower
  • Base: amber, teak wood, moss, musk

Kumquat

• Top notes: tangerine, bergamot, orange
  • Heart: kumquat, tiger orchid, jasmine
  • Base: woodsy notes, cedar, musk

Hibiscus

• Top notes: raspberry, mandarin, peony
  • Heart: hibiscus, tiare, freesia
  • Base: woody notes, vetiver, musk

Now the interesting news….

Remember the large bottles they used to come in? Those jumbo 10 oz splashes are now replaced with mini 3 oz sizes.

Marc Jacobs Splash Tropical Collection 2012 1

I’m not sure how I feel about the smaller sizes. I think one of the best factors of the splashes was the huge size. Plus keep in mind they are EDT so you might need a little extra to get the best throw and last thus resulting in running through the smaller size faster.

On the plus side, they are kinda cute!

What do you think?

As more information becomes available I’ll post.

images/info via fragrantica.com

• 3/15/12 12:13 Patzyman:

That kumquat potion sounds interesting….

• 3/15/12 12:22 chibi:

awww…bummer. i used to enjoy the huge size you get for 60 bucks….whats the pricing for the smaller ones now??

• 3/15/12 12:26 the Muse:

no word chibi, I should have details shortly but I’m hoping cheaper, as in the $20 range consider $67 was quite a nice deal for those huge bottles. I agree b/c the LE factor made it nicer to have the larger size when it was gone now I feel a need to hoard! :-/

• 3/15/12 12:25 Laura:

I’m so on board!
    No Vanilla and No Patchouli and no candy flavors!!!!

So being a splash – is that lik you splash it on in the shower???

• 3/15/12 12:28 the Muse:

no hun just apply as a regular fragrance, it has a spritzer, body splash is merely another way of saying body mist/spray

• 3/15/12 14:03 Noelle:

I liked the larger sizes as well.

I seen these on the MJ website. It’s $40/3.4oz =/

• 3/15/12 17:47 Tracy:

I’ve never tried these ! But sounds awesome ! I have to hunt them down, sometimes, it’s not easy in Canada…

• 3/15/12 22:47 Kayla K:

Where will these be available? I’d love to sniff them!

• 3/16/12 12:12 the Muse:

typically sephora and macys carries them kayla

• 3/16/12 1:39 Holly:

Darn! I loved the larger sizes and always got at least one scent each summer – while I don’t think that I ever finished a single bottle (in fact, have two bottles with a little left…..). I would like if they perhaps did a small set of the three. I’m hoping like previous commenters that the price is cheaper since it’s such a size difference!

• 3/16/12 5:57 Connie:

Kumquat and Rain are completely up my alley!! Can’t wait for these.

• 3/16/12 10:27 Kim:

I love Marc Jacobs fragrances but I never bought one of the splashes before because I did not like the large size (I like to wear different scents everyday). They all sound nice, esp. Hibiscus. I hope they will be at Sephora or Nordies soon.

• 8/27/12 1:20 Christy:

Where r these. I love all the splashes and can not find them. Macy’s does not carry them anymore