St. Ives Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads

St. Ives Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads

I have my eye on the new St. Ives Scrub Free Exfoliating Pads, they look interesting. A tub of sixty pads will set you back under six bucks and each pad is pre-soaked with an exfoliating solution that’s safe enough to use daily. I believe it uses fruit acids to reveal smoother, brighter skin but that’s just an assumption as there isn’t a ton of details available on these yet.

They also have a paraben-free formula.

I think I’ll pick a jar up!

Anyone try ‘em?

Available now at drugstores.

• 3/8/12 12:28 Leslie:

OMG SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS! THANKS FOR THE POST! Bonus on the paraben-free formula!! I love St. Ives… and just like you MUST. GET. MY. HANDS. ON. THIS! -Leslie

• 3/8/12 12:32 the Muse:

my pleasure leslie lol nice to see you so excited ;D!

• 3/8/12 12:31 Cj:

I’ve been using the first aid ones for a week now and currently loving em! They have a tiny bit of lactic and glycolic. I use em in the morning and my serum at night :D These could totes be a cheap alternative

• 3/8/12 12:31 the Muse:

SWEET! glad to hear it ;-D I really want to try ;-D looks like a cheap origins dupe!

• 3/8/12 12:35 Cj:

Here are the ingredient list for the st Ives ones, No glycolic like the first aid ones but they could have a higher % of lactic, who knows lol

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Ameniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Betaine, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.

• 3/8/12 12:58 the Muse:

cheers thanks cj!

• 3/8/12 13:26 Michelle:

That looks like a good list of ingredients for such a reasonably priced skin care item. Lactic acid is supposed to be more gentle than the other acids and some skin care experts say it works better. If I didn’t have my Paula’s Choice products I’d probably try this.

• 3/9/12 0:21 Hillary:

Actually, sugar cane is where they normally extract glycolic acid from so it has a bit.

• 3/8/12 14:35 kimkats:

Oooo… I hadn’t heard of either of these – the first aid ones might be nice. My skin and glycolic acids get along famously ! I”ll have to look for these – thanks for the heads up about ‘em!

• 3/8/12 12:36 Ling:

I’m interested to try it, but i heard AHA in the long run is bad for your skin as it make it too thin… but it’s so cheap! now i’m so tempted to get it haha

• 3/8/12 12:38 Amber:

The invigorating st. ives scrub is a total HG for me so I might have to try these..

• 3/8/12 15:49 StellaDiva:

I’ve been looking for this and haven’t been able to find it!

• 3/8/12 15:52 the Muse:

ulta.com has it stella

• 3/9/12 11:46 Laura:

I use Origins Brighter By Nature exfol pads – this looks ilke a great dupe to them!! and cheaper!

• 3/10/12 9:29 Thao:

I just saw this in my walgreens right after I read this post haha. The ingredients list is roughly the same with lactic acid in second again.

I kind of wish you had a st. ives tag because I want to see if you had anything else on st. ives.

• 3/12/12 9:58 the Muse:

sorry thao, first post on the brand :)

• 3/10/12 14:48 JoElla:

I found these at my local grocery store last week. They just kinda blend in on the shelf so keep an eye out for them!

I started using them only at night, and my skin did really well with them, and I bumped it up to AM/PM on day 4. They didn’t freak my skin out or were drying, and I do believe my skin looked a bit brighter.

Some don’t like the smell, personally I really like it. Not perfumey but fresh, not quite like a cucumber, but a bit sweeter, but not into the cucumber/melon teritory.

The pads arn’t much bigger than a regular cotton round, but really saturated. I find one pad enough for my face, neck, chest and back of my hands.

And I haven’t had t use my beloved St Ives Green Tea scrub with these.

I think St Ives puts out great products and rarely run into a clunker (green tea facial wash wasn’t thrilling IMO)

Hopefully CVS will carry them and offer a 3/10.00 sale soon!

• 3/12/12 9:11 the Muse:

sounds very promising Jo!

• 3/11/12 7:15 Meredith from Lushli:

I am super interested in these! They remind me of Bliss’ Clog Dissolving Cleansing Milk in that they exfoliate using natural enzymes, hence the scrub-free part. I’d definitely try them!

• 3/14/12 0:03 Stephanie:

I bought these specifically for the ADA in it, hoping to help with acne scars. I literally bought them a few days ago and already notice a difference in my skin! Granted, it might just be that time of the month where I am having a “good skin” week, but I am hoping these are part of it. I know it has only been a few days, but I recommend them!

• 3/18/12 12:22 Ali:

Hi hun, i just wanna know, do u have to wash this out? Or u could leave it on ur face? Coz it didnt say on the product. Thanks!

• 3/19/12 15:12 the Muse:

not sure ali, I don’t have the product in hand. I imagine you swipe and leave it on if it doesn’t mention washing it off. I haven’t been able to find/buy it yet so I can’t confirm.

• 3/25/12 0:53 Valerie D:

I actully just used one. Ive been using them for a week, and omg my face looks glowey!! Just what i need for the upcoming spring weather! I would totally give this a try because my skin feels so smooth right now and ive only been using them for a week!!