Yay or Nay: Clip On Crystal Hair Extensions the New Feather for Spring?

Clip on Crystals Hair

Feather hair extensions had their moment in the sun last Spring/Summer.

But how about clip on crystals?

These reusable strands of clip on crystals add a strand of sparkling crystals to hair.

What do you think of the trend?

Yay?

Nay?

I didn’t love the feather trend and I’m thinking the crystal one is just as bad. This is not 1980, I put my leg warmers away many years ago along with feather earrings and hair extensions, k, thanks.

• 3/7/12 10:12 Cj:

Any kind of clip in hair accessory just looks tacky to me, feathers crystals whatever.

• 3/7/12 10:14 Fey:

That screams beaded curtains to me. I cannot see this catching on. I don’t even think the feathers will be gone by summer. However, I do like those heat applicable (i.e. flat iron) single hair crystals and hair tinsel. They look neat when matched to hair color.

• 3/7/12 10:18 the Muse:

lol I was thinking the same thing fey!

• 3/7/12 10:20 Leslie:

Girl NEGATIVE!! UNLESS YOU’RE 10! LMBO!

• 3/7/12 11:06 Ruth:

I must be getting old cause these trends seem more and more silly to me. I’m with you Muse, I already did a lot of that stuff on the last go around and not really eager to revisit!

• 3/7/12 11:08 Ljana:

Unless you’re under 15 or dressing up for Halloween as a princess Barbie/80’s teen, then NO! A fiend of mine wears a hippie-style fake braid as a headband, and somehow manages to make it look cool. Other than that, never met a hair extension I liked.

• 3/7/12 11:10 Eve:

NO! The feathers weren’t so bad though I never got on bored. (my hair is short, it would look weird anyway) But this is just plain tacky.

• 3/7/12 11:15 diane:

i like it! but i’d only wear it on my birthday or if i ever got married or something. certainly not every day wear

• 3/7/12 13:25 Mallory:

Not for me, but it might appeal to the middle school and tween crowd! I wasn’t crazy for feathers either though. The thing I loved was hair tinsel. I had my hair stylist weave in a few strands of gold tinsel into my dark hair a couple of times and really liked the look. It didn’t last long though- they claimed 4-6 weeks. I got about 5 days ^__^

• 3/7/12 13:44 Christina:

I like the new feather earrings! the really long ones… I also like this, I think. have not seen it in real life though :)

• 3/7/12 13:47 Stellar:

Fashion, I will never understand you.

• 3/7/12 15:16 Ruth:

this with gusto!!

• 3/7/12 14:10 peri:

i may be the odd one out and say, i love these lol. as long as the rhinestones dont look cheap. the feather thing though, i hate it. i have no desire to wear a bird on my head. but i like shiny things lol

• 3/7/12 14:18 Tigress:

Um, no, but my cats would really enjoy playing with my head.

• 3/7/12 18:53 Courtney:

Tacky.

• 3/7/12 20:17 Amy:

Reminds me of curtains

• 3/7/12 20:59 The Peach:

Am I the only one who would wear some of these if they were smaller and more tasteful? I think proper placement in your hair would be key. I don’t like how they are shown in the pic.

• 3/8/12 13:38 peri:

i would. totally. lol

• 3/8/12 7:20 Jo:

I see these being huge for halloween!!

• 3/8/12 16:06 Majick:

NAY – unless you’re 12.

I do like the feathers if they are done right. I’ve seen some women with so many they look like a feather duster. LOL

I wear feathers. I have light brown hair with blonde highlights and I wear (not sure what they call the color because some sites say golden, some say brown, and some say wheat or something) light brown grizzly feathers. I get 6-8 weeks before I have to take them out and I re-use them. the grizzly feather actually matches my hair color and the black stripes on them add interest. At a distance they almost look like mini braids. The look is subtle but cool and I always get compliments.

• 3/8/12 21:13 SJG:

Ugh. Yuck. NO. These and the feathers just scream trailer trash to me. Fire up the El Camino, put on the Candies slides and Jordache jeans (that you bought out of a trunk, not at an actual store) and pop these in your hair, and you’re all set to revisit why the 70s do not deserve fashion resurrection. EVER.

• 3/12/12 8:11 michelle:

Sorry but Feathers are still rocking the world over